Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:23:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ē Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Entourage the Movie?  (Read 2788 times)
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« on: December 06, 2009, 06:17:16 AM »

Could it be true??  Our man is doing cameos now?  Read this this morning....

Entourage the Movie?
By Travis Leamons - December 5, 2009 | Email the author

Mark Wahlbergís life could easily be turned into a Hollywood movie. But he did one better: he turned his life into a TV show. And I donít mean any of that reality crap either. Heís been nominated for an Oscar and played with the Funky Bunch, but his best turn may be as the executive producer of one of TVís best comedies, Entourage.

Iím a homer for the show, even if the central character is the least interesting character in the show. People who complain of its shallowness or its cameo-heavy rotation must not be watching the same show. At the very least the show has re-introduced Kevin Dillon to the masses. For a while I feared his only legacy would be a supporting role in Oliver Stoneís Platoon and as the lead in the remake to The Blob.

Roger Friedman of Showbiz 411 caught up with Wahlberg at the premiere of Lovely Bones and Wahlberg told him that the series will wrap after two more seasons Ė maybe. The star hinted that the series could continue on HBO, but first would be a movie.

Hey, Iím all for seeing Vince, E, Drama, Turtle and Ari on the big screen.

The film would follow in the footsteps of Sex and the City, which made huge gobs of money when it was adapted to the big screen.

Currently, Wahlberg is filming the Will Ferrell/Adam McKay comedy The Other Guys. Like the show, this movie will be very big on cameos and supporting players. The cast list includes Dwayne Johnson, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Ray Stevenson, Steve Coogan, Eva Mendes, Derek Jeter and Paris Hilton. (Batman, The Punisher and Nick Fury in the same movie Ė interesting.)

:brit:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 01:11:47 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 04:46:33 PM »

Could it be true??  Our man is doing cameos now?  Read this this morning....

Entourage the Movie?
By Travis Leamons - December 5, 2009 | Email the author

Mark Wahlbergís life could easily be turned into a Hollywood movie. But he did one better: he turned his life into a TV show. And I donít mean any of that reality crap either. Heís been nominated for an Oscar and played with the Funky Bunch, but his best turn may be as the executive producer of one of TVís best comedies, Entourage.

Iím a homer for the show, even if the central character is the least interesting character in the show. People who complain of its shallowness or its cameo-heavy rotation must not be watching the same show. At the very least the show has re-introduced Kevin Dillon to the masses. For a while I feared his only legacy would be a supporting role in Oliver Stoneís Platoon and as the lead in the remake to The Blob.

Roger Friedman of Showbiz 411 caught up with Wahlberg at the premiere of Lovely Bones and Wahlberg told him that the series will wrap after two more seasons Ė maybe. The star hinted that the series could continue on HBO, but first would be a movie.

Hey, Iím all for seeing Vince, E, Drama, Turtle and Ari on the big screen.

The film would follow in the footsteps of Sex and the City, which made huge gobs of money when it was adapted to the big screen.

Currently, Wahlberg is filming the Will Ferrell/Adam McKay comedy The Other Guys. Like the show, this movie will be very big on cameos and supporting players. The cast list includes Dwayne Johnson, Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Keaton, Ray Stevenson, Steve Coogan, Eva Mendes, Derek Jeter and Paris Hilton. (Batman, The Punisher and Nick Fury in the same movie Ė interesting.)

:brit:

I hope Ray's part will be bigger than a cameo. :pray: Maybe Ray can get a cameo on Entourage, too. :o  :hookup:

I dunno if an 'Entourage' film could hope to make the kind of money the 'Sex and the City' film made.... Women are more apt to get together for an event with their female friends -- to go out to see a girly fun movie + have drinks and/or a meal out.  :grouphug:

I think a lot of the audience for 'Entourage' is young men who want to see the scantily-clad/nude girls, and otherwise live the Hollywood lifestyle vicariously in 'Entourage', from the comfort of their home TV's or online.  :celeb: I think maybe an 'Entourage' film would have to include a lot of spectacle to put bodies in the movie theater seats. Car chases? Explosions? A lot more sex?

:shrug: What do I know.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 05:28:33 PM »

OOOOH MY, an Entourage cameo?  :crush: I am quivering already at the thought...

I just hope they don't pair him up with some of the ahhh, wild women that parade through that show...I wan't him to be a real lovable, charmer with mores and funny lines...the thing they did with Bob Saget is not what I want for our beloved Ray. :hmm: ::

Mob1 icon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: