Ray Stevenson Community
February 20, 2018, 06:49:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Red Tide  (Read 4301 times)
Nomad
« on: December 09, 2009, 05:08:00 PM »

Wasn't there already a topic about this potential film?  If so, I couldn't find it.  I'm so desperate for interesting Raynews, resurrecting this somewhat old story is not beneath me.  :cool2:

"...Red Tide about a mute assassin who wants to escape the life of crime has also yet to be filmed, although respected Irish actor Ray Stevenson has already signed up to the project..."

According to Ben Pullen's website, "Red Tide" centers on a mythical character called The American: a mute assassin known for his silent and brutal killing style. The American works for the biggest crime boss in this part of Spain - a reclusive woman simply referred to as The Matriarch.

When The American crosses the line and betrays The Matriarch, he is killed and left in the middle of the ocean - and it seems his short, brutal life is over. But then, The Matriarch's organisation comes under attack by a mysterious assailant.

As this unknown enemy sets about destroying The Matriarch's organisation, the stories about him grow, fed by the superstition of The Matriarch's own employees who ask, "Has a red tide brought The American back from the dead?"

http://www.sentinelentertainment.com/

A mute assassin? This one sounds too interesting NOT to follow.  Facebook group for Red Tide:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=info&ref=ts&gid=121530877784

Here's a bit on Ben Pullen:

Ben Pullen was born in Switzerland and was brought up in Hong Kong and the United States before his family brought him to England when he was a teenager. He read film studies at the University of Warwick and got into acting via the Bristol Old Vic Theater School, as did Ray Stevenson.

Ray Stevenson and Ben Pullen worked together on a Murphy's Law episode in 2003, "Kiss and Tell."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362891/

Just today, I watched this short that Ben Pullen produced in 2006.  It's very funny!

http://www.vimeo.com/7969911

:nomad:
Toduo

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2009, 04:50:19 PM »

Hi Nomad! :wave:

I viewed the short and thought it amusing too. I recognise Pullen's face and name but he is not a familiar face on TV here. Project sounds interesting and on that basis I wish him good luck.

Hope you are well. Looking foward to The Irishman. Must confess that I have yet to see the last three films on release here featuring Mr Stevenson *bad Toduo*, though I will make a conserted effort to go and view The Irishman. :cheers:

:toduo:
Nomad
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:25:05 PM »

Ben Pullen just told me that Ray is no longer attached to Red Tide:(

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 03:06:22 PM »

Awwwww  :-\

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:41:35 PM »

awww....Well, it might have been some type-casting if he played a mute guy after he played a whispering guy in Book Of Eli.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Toduo

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 04:31:11 PM »

I wonder if he ever was attached Nomad, or whether he was one of those mentioned in Pullen's interview a while back who had not yet 'signed on the dotted line'; shame actually cos it looks like an interesting project. :cheers:

:toduo:
Nomad
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2010, 05:00:05 PM »

I agree with you, Toduo, that this is an interesting project.  The concept of the assassin being mute I thought was brilliant, and would have been an interesting challenge for Ray, who has such wonderfully expressive eyes and face.  I had imagined it to be a "breakthrough" film on the order of DDL's My Left Foot, so I'm very disappointed that Ray won't be in it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: