Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 10:15:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin McKidd  (Read 94030 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: June 30, 2006, 08:49:27 AM »

Kevin is in two upcoming feature films:

:vorenus: The Last Legion
US Release Date: 26 January 2007

This is an epic adventure following the events surrounding the capture of Rome's last emperor, 12 year old Romulus Augustus, and his imprisonment on the island of Capri. Freed by his legionnaire Aurelius (Colin Firth), his teacher Ambrosinus (Ben Kingsley) and the Byzantine warrior Mira (Aishwarya Rai), the young emperor is taken to Britannia in search of the Last Legion, in a bid to make one final stand for Rome. Kevin plays Wulfila, a Goth soldier.

:calimero: Young Hannibal 
US Release Date: 9 February 2007

Based on the new Hannibal Lecter prequel novel from author Thomas Harris, which will center on how Hannibal watched his young sister get killed and eaten by hungry soldiers in war-ravaged Lithuania during WWII. The movie will take place at three pivotal moments of Hannibal's life. It is the fourth book dealing with the Doctor, who first appeared in "Red Dragon," and subsequently in "The Silence of the Lambs" and "Hannibal". Kevin plays Lecter's dad.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:12:20 AM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
arieldan1

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 04:19:08 PM »

At first when I saw the title Young Hannibal, I thought  "Wow, McKidd is really immersing himself in ancient Rome" -- only to realize that they were talking about Hannibal Lecter not Hannibal Barca (my favorite general).

If anyone has a chance to catch Dog Soldiers, with Kevin, it's actually a pretty good movie.  Not the best, but pretty good.  It's about werewolves (I like those Vampire/Werewolf type themes).  They run it on the SciFi channel in the US from time to time.

:ariel:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:23:38 PM »

If anyone has a chance to catch Dog Soldiers, with Kevin, it's actually a pretty good movie.  Not the best, but pretty good.  It's about werewolves (I like those Vampire/Werewolf type themes).  They run it on the SciFi channel in the US from time to time.

Speaking of Dog Soldiers, according to July 3rd's edition of the Guardian Unlimited (UK):

"The long-awaited sequel to seminal Brit horror Dog Soldiers looks set to get under way, but without the original's director Neil Marshall. Marshall is handing over the reigns to Rob Green, who made the second world war horror The Bunker. Word is that the new film, Dog Soldiers: Fresh Meat, will focus on the Private Cooper character played in the original by Kevin McKidd. It is not known whether McKidd will reprise his role."

JaxiB

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 07:38:16 AM »

Cool! Dog Soldiers is a great film, hope the sequel is too! :rock:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 11:15:21 PM »

VIDEO RELEASE

16 Years of Alcohol
STUDIO: Tartan
MSRP: $22.95
RATED: R
RUNNING TIME: 96 Minutes
SPECIAL FEATURES:
• Director’s Commentary
• Behind-the-Scenes Featurette
• The Film in Storyboards

Kevin McKidd, Laura Fraser, Susan Lynch, Jim Carter, Ewen Bremner

As a child, Frankie Mac (McKidd) idolized his parents, their lifestyle and, most importantly, their love. His parents were his heroes, especially his dad. He looked up to his father as a strong family man and an incredible social god. After seeing his father involved in not one, but two extramarital trysts (on the street, of all places), his entire life is shattered, leaving him to question everything that had defined his world. He inevitably looks for solace at the bottom of a bottle and spends the next 16 years immersed in a world of alcohol, violence and emptiness. Once Frankie discovers love of his own, he decides to start over and leave the past behind. However, that’s easier said than done.

Kevin McKidd is wonderful here. In a script that calls for a range of emotions from one end of the spectrum to the other, McKidd delivers naturally, with an assuredness that makes the depths into which this character sinks all the more unnerving.

Full review and pics at Chud.com

JaxiB

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 01:04:40 AM »

He's an excellent & versatile actor - he was the guy in Trainspotting who got AIDS, but I can't remember the name of the character he played.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:39:04 AM »

He's an excellent & versatile actor - he was the guy in Trainspotting who got AIDS, but I can't remember the name of the character he played.

Tommy  ;D

Halloweenqueen

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 08:12:17 AM »

He was good in Kingdom of Heaven also.

JaxiB

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2006, 02:45:12 AM »

Thanx Lotis! :drule:
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 06:32:58 PM »

Rocket Post arrives five years late
Scotsman.com News - Aug. 13, 2006
by Brian Pendreigh

IT WAS supposed to be a cinema blockbuster - the true story of a German scientist trying to deliver Scottish mail by rocket.  But five years after shooting ended, and two years after the director died, The Rocket Post has only now landed a distribution deal. The film appears to have set the record for the longest time taken for a major production to go from the last shout of "cut" to cinema release. During the long search for a distributor, producer Mark Shorrock quit the film business to promote wind farms and director Stephen Whittaker, whose TV credits included Nicholas Nickleby and Inspector Morse, died of cancer.

The cast of the £5m film, shot largely on the Hebridean island of Taransay in 2001, includes Trainspotting star Kevin McKidd, Gary Lewis from Billy Elliot and newcomer Shauna Macdonald. In 2002, it won a major prize at the Stony Brook Film Festival in New York State, and there were other special screenings, including one at the An Lanntair arts centre in Stornoway last year. The film even came out on DVD in Scandinavia, but still struggled to find a UK distributor. Now, more than five years after The Rocket Post was made, a deal has been secured with the UK division of Lions Gate - which recently distributed George Clooney's Good Night, and Good Luck - and it will be released in British cinemas later this year.

Former Bond villain Ulrich Thomsen plays scientist Gerhard Zucker, who attempted to interest the British government in a scheme to deliver mail to the islands by rocket, though he had failed to impress the authorities in his native Germany. He arrived in the Western Isles in 1934 with the intention of firing a rocket across the water between Harris and Scarp. There was even talk of a one-minute cross-channel postal service.

Read Article

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 11:33:15 AM »

Here’s a Kevin McKidd alert (this info. is duplicated on another board):  :lijstje:

There was a promo for The Virgin Queen played after Masterpiece Theater (Prime Suspect, part 1) on PBS on Sunday night Nov. 12. The promo shows Kevin. According to IMdB, KMK plays the Duke of Norfolk.

According to Channel 13 (PBS/NYC) (Thanks for calling them, nadira10001!  :idee: :clap:), The Virgin Queen/Part 1 is scheduled for Sunday, Jan 7th, 2007 at 9 PM (Eastern) and The Virgin Queen/Part 2 is scheduled for the following Sunday, Jan 14th, 2007. The PBS representative also said that not all PBS stations nationwide have scheduled running The Virgin Queen; Kevin fans who are not in the Eastern Time Zone USA should check their local PBS Stations.

:think: Does this mean Kevin as the Duke of Norfolk will compete against Kevin as Lucius Vorenus?  :P Well -- since only Rome will have Ray  :crush: as Titus Pullo  :-* , I know which show will be my priority!!  :drule:

By the way -- Both PBS and HBO usually repeat their programs at some point.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
nefer1
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »

Good Evening, Camamar!!! :wave:

Guess who??? You're very welcome!!!  I'm thrilled to be able to "lend a hand" gathering information about Kevin McKidd.  You know something, after reading your post here I know that I'll be watching "Rome" on 1/7/07, too!!  :myday::clap:

With warmest best regards from NYC!!!

Your fellow Rome-aholic,
nefer1/nadira

Hadria

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 06:28:43 PM »

According to Channel 13 (PBS/NYC) (Thanks for calling them, nadira10001!  :idee: :clap:), The Virgin Queen/Part 1 is scheduled for Sunday, Jan 7th, 2007 at 9 PM (Eastern) and The Virgin Queen/Part 2 is scheduled for the following Sunday, Jan 14th, 2007.

Thanks for passing that info along, Cam, and thanks to nefer/nadira for sharing it! If there's a conflict between this and "Rome," then of course I'll watch "Rome," but PBS shows are almost always repeated within a week of their first showing.

nefer1
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 10:34:03 AM »

Good afternoon to everyone from NYC!!!!

I don't remember where I read this yesterday but, the new Hannibal Lector film with Kevin McKidd is now called, "Hannibal Rising".  As you all know, Kevin is in the film, but I do not know how big his role is.

With warmest best regards from NYC!!!

nefer
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2006, 11:39:13 AM »

I don't remember where I read this yesterday but, the new Hannibal Lector film with Kevin McKidd is now called, "Hannibal Rising".  As you all know, Kevin is in the film, but I do not know how big his role is.

Thanks, Nefer! I believe "Hannibal Rising" is the name of the novel too. If the movie is still as originally described, it sounds as though Kevin will be in about 1/3rd of the film (since the original intended edit was to cover the 3 phases of Lecter's life that made him who he is and Kevin plays his dad), and probably some flashbacks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: