Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:05:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ē Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Premiere Piccies!  (Read 17171 times)
Nomad
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 11:59:55 AM »

A couple of candid shots from screenwriter, Gary Whitta's Facebook page.  If you "friend" him, you can see the entire album, but these are the only ones with Ray...

This is Gary Whitta and his lady, Leah Christian.

This looks like Betta, though only from the back.  She is simply gorgeous, from any view!  Lucky Ray!  On second thought, is she holding a microphone?  That may not be Betta!

:nomad:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 12:06:08 PM by Nomad » Logged
Nomad
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:21:35 PM »

Really good pics of Ray on this site, found by LadyA...but they have a watermark smack dab in the middle of his face, most of them.

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/quick-search.html?page=1

If this link doesn't work, just use the search function on the left of the site's screen. 

I have about 16 other pics without water marks and have set up a shutterfly account to view them and the rest of the Premiere pics I have.  I think you need to join shutterfly in order to view them.  Not sure, but I think you have to go here:  http://nomadspiccies.shutterfly.com/  and then ask permission to view them.  They in turn email me and I approve you. 

Edited to say that there are now 78 pics from the premiere! 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 08:44:06 PM by Nomad » Logged
Mozina

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »

Hey everyone! Just taking a quick break from work to say hello and post some more photos of Ray from the premiere for you. Hope I'm not duplicating any shots, haven't had time to go through all of the posts to see which photos have been posted.

Nomad
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 05:25:21 PM »

Simply gorgeous, Mozina!

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 05:48:00 PM »

Thanks, Mozina.  :wave:  I think those were different shots from the ones we had already seen.   :clap:   Isn't he gorgeous?  :ray:

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 10:02:48 PM »

OOooooOOh!!! Thank you, all!  :dance: :clap: :yahoo: :dance2:

errr....Who's Chris Browning? Ah well...he's mighty cute himself. Can't be bothered to go on IMDB at the moment. Great that he AND Ray  :squirm: acknowledged you, Nomad!  :bday: :rock:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2010, 10:31:03 PM »

Really good pics of Ray on this site, found by LadyA...but they have a watermark smack dab in the middle of his face, most of them.

If this link doesn't work, just use the search function on the left of the site's screen. 

I have about 16 other pics without water marks and have set up a shutterfly account to view them and the rest of the Premiere pics I have.  I think you need to join shutterfly in order to view them.  Not sure, but I think you have to go here:  http://nomadspiccies.shutterfly.com/  and then ask permission to view them.  They in turn email me and I approve you. 

Ooh! I hope to remember to look at that site later, Nomad! Thanks!

I had so much going on when I left the house for work this morning (oops! Wednesday morning, that is) that it was only after I had taken several steps along the sidewalk down my block that I noticed I had quite a bit more bounce in my step than usual. So I had no choice but to take the time to go back home and quickly wiggle into the bra that I had forgotten to put on before I walked out the door to my house earlier... :P ::) :party: :frusty:

Anyway....enough said in my effort to keep anyone who can be bothered to pay attention while I try to keep people abreast of what is happening in my life.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2010, 10:35:25 PM »

In your next post, you mentioned that Ray seemed tired, Labia.  It could be that the rigors of filming in the Volstagg suit are indeed going to make him shed a few lbs., as he indicated in the interview.   Plus he probably had to hustle to get from filming to the premiere!  But he IS excited about the role and getting to work again with Kenneth Brannaugh  :cheer2:.  It is heart-warming to see our man and see him so excited.   :ray:

Also chiming in to say I'm so am SO glad to see Ray apparently SO happy and excited about what is going on in his life. We have all expressed wishes that Ray find fulfillment in his work and happiness in general! :yahoo: :crush:  :crush: :crush:

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 10:38:33 PM by Camamar » Logged

Nomad
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2010, 10:43:41 PM »

This is Chris Browning as he appears in The Book of Eli.

And this is an interview I did with him a few months back.  Some of you will recognise what, or to whom, I was referring in the last line.   *cough*TitusPullo*cough*

05 March 2009 @ 05:55 pm
Chris Browning, versatile character actor, talks Book of Eli, 3:10 to Yuma and living sober 

Chris Browning (3:10 to Yuma 2007) was kind enough to chat with me Wednesday evening about The Book of Eli, his expanding career and some difficult challenges he overcame.  Chris Browning is a winner, an utterly charming man and we laughed a good deal through this interview.  I had a series of questions to ask him but he so surprised me with his candor, I tossed those to the wind and went with HIM!

Hi Chris.  Thanks for taking this call.

* Iím glad to.  I appreciate what youíre doing.

Can you tell us a bit about your role in The Book of Eli and how it came to you?

*  Sure.  I live in Taos but I audition on tape through my management in LA and locally here in New Mexico.  I was up for a couple of roles in Eli and ended up with the smaller but, to me, way cooler role.  I read for Allen Hughes, who wanted to see the hijacker first.  When I finished, Hughes said, ďThatís all for today.Ē  I told my wife on the way home that I thought I had just read myself into the smaller role.  But it worked out great.  Working on this film was a dream, a wonderful experience.  The director gave us a lot of freedom to play with it.  I mean, this was better than the real dreams I have myself.  And you wake up and find itís real, you know?ughesHughes, who wanted to see the hijacker role first

Youíve worked with some amazing actors in your career.  Tommy Lee Jones,  Russell Crowe, Christian Bale (twice), Ron Perlman, Ray Stevenson and now Denzel Washington and Gary Oldman.  Donít worry, Iím not going to ask you which ones you liked best!  But what is it like to work with actors of that calibre?

* Well, I worked in their films, but not necessarily with them.  You know, I really want to say that Christian Bale has been wonderful.  Heís a hero to me, a wonderful person and a fine actor and the reason I can work with these fine actors and not be shaking in my boots.  He took the fear out of it for me.  We hung out in the desert together and had a good time on 3:10 to Yuma.  Heís a great guy.

My first scene with a big star was with Russell Crowe in 3:10 to Yuma and I was so nervous.  I was supposed to put handcuffs on him and I couldnít do it.  Both Christian and Russell helped me out there, then it was fine.

When I was cast in Terminator 4, I knew Iíd be seeing Christian again but I didnít think heíd remember me.  So I planned on saying to him, ďHey, itís Chris Browning from 3:10 to Yuma,Ē so heíd have a reference, you know?  But before I could say any of that, Bale said, ďHey Chris!  How are things in Taos, and howís Sarah (my wife)?Ē  Just a great guy.

You started out in Hollywood in 1991 and you worked pretty steadily, every actorís dream.

* I had my ups and downs in the Ď90s.  About five years ago I was homeless and living on a mattress under the 405 freeway at Roscoe Boulevard.  I was either there or in the county jail.  I tried to get clean and sober for years.  Just couldnít do it.  I did about twenty detoxes, four rehabs.  In June of Ď04 I finally got off the street and into rehab again, for three months.  I thought I had a chance this time, so I just left LA.  By October, I was in Taos.

Is that where you met your wife, Sarah?

* Yeah, it is.  She was the first girl I saw when I came into town.  Sheís clean and sober as well so we live that life together.  I was building adobe homes here in Taos until the film industry came to town. 

Youíre a very versatile actor and seem to have managed not to become too type-cast.  Youíve done good guys, bad guys, cowboys, soldiers, stunt work.   Do you have a film genre you prefer?

* Itís fun doing Westerns, Iíll tell you that.  But there IS a danger of being type cast there and Westerns come and go, you know.  But it was a lot of fun doing 3:10 to Yuma.   About genresÖhmmm.  I like NOT the one Iíve done before.

I just screened that film again this afternoon.  You died very badly in that one, didnít you?   

* (laughs) I was up for four roles in that film.  I didnít really prepare for the Crawley role.  I mean, what are you going to do?  Sit at home and practice screaming while burning alive?  I read the first three parts for the director, James Mangold, but I really wasnít ready to read for the Crawley role.  But I did it, and thatís the one I ended up with.

You were shooting Yuma in what, 2005, 2006?  Thatís a pretty fast transition from living under a freeway to being in a major motion picture with two of the hottest stars working in film today.

* 2006, yeah.  Sarah and I had just married and were on our honeymoon in Costa Rica.  3:10 to Yuma was to start shooting 10 days after we were to return.  I was worried that Costa Rica might be like Mexico, where you can get arrested for something and have to bribe your way out?  So when we finally left and touched down in Houston, I was so relieved to be on American soil.  But when we went through customs, I was arrested!  It turned out there was a fugitive warrant for me from Los Angeles.  I didnít even know I was a fugitive.  So I sat in jail in Houston for a week before they extradicted me to LA, on a plane in handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit with two sheriffís.  (laughing)  When I got in front of the judge in LA, she wasnít even MY judge.  He was out of town, so she was only going to continue my case until the following week.  But I told her my story, that I had been in rehab and a was real mess.  If I was ordered into court again, I didnít remember it.  I hadnít known I was a fugitive.  And if I had known, I wouldnít have been traveling in and out of the country going through customs.  She saw something in me, I donít know what.  And she let me go.  I got back to New Mexico the night before they were going to give my role in Yuma away to somebody else.

Thatís an incredible story.  You were meant to be in that film and in this business, it seems.  I noticed you had your own production company, Dog Dream, with two things in development, both of which you wrote, will produce and star in.  Can you talk about either of those projects?  Wood Ďní Nichols and Heart of Stone?

*Yeah!  Wood Ďní Nichols is a television series about two old friends who are an investigative reporting team.  Six years ago I wrote that in jail, with one of those little golf pencils.  (laughing)  I kept getting those pencils sharpened until they were only an inch long, trying to write with them.  Itís a buddy thing, Wood Ďní Nichols, a black and a white guy who used to play football together.  My character had a lot of injuries, got mixed up with drugs, then got clean; sort of my own story. But I think I wonít act in it.  Iíd rather stick with film.  Be nice to own a series, though.

Heart of Stone is a story by a friend of mine who died.   He never got sober.  His wife asked me to write the script.  Of the two, I think Heart of Stone will get made first.  Itís about an unlikely friendship between a small town deputy and a biker.   Iím not saying this because itís mine, but I read a lot of scripts and thatís a good script.

Any other films you done that were favorites?

Yes, Felon (2008).   That was a local New Mexico audition.  They had me read the role of a public defender.  But I really wanted the role of  Danny Samson, the leader of an Aryan Brotherhood gang in prison.  I asked my agent to call the casting director and ask if I could read for the Danny Samson character.  She agreed, and I had a make-up artist work with me, made myself into the character and got the part.  You might notice a couple of pictures on IMDb are of that character.

I DID notice it, Chris, and was amazed how different you can look.  That Danny Samson character doesnít look anything like you actually look.

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=Chris+Browning&x=13&y=10

You have a number of projects coming out in 2009.  Youíre in pre-production with Palominas, in post-production with T4, The Dark Country and Friendship, filming on Book of Eli.  Not that you have time, but is there anything else coming up?

*Yes! Next week Iím leaving for Amboy, California for a month of filming Kindling, directed by Chad Feehan. (All the Boys Love Mandy Lane 2006).  Amboy is somewhere around Barstow  It was a stop on Rt. 66.  Itís a ghost town now, with only about 20 people living there.

Filming into mid-April?  You have a special event coming up right around then, I think.

* Our daughter, Lydia Sue, is due on the same day we wrap in Amboy.  The traveling is bad because you have to drive into LA to fly to Sante Fe, then drive to Taos.  I have a buddy with a plane in Taos who might fly me home. 

Ooo.  Thatís cutting it close!  I hope you make it home on time.  Itís been really great chatting with you, Chris.  Youíre a fine character actor and a great interview.  Itís been a lot of fun!

* Hey, any time, Nomad.   Weíre talking about my favorite subject! (laughing)

Oh, whatís that?  You?  (laughing)  Now where have I heard that before?

Nomad
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2010, 10:46:18 PM »

I had so much going on when I left the house for work this morning (oops! Wednesday morning, that is) that it was only after I had taken several steps along the sidewalk down my block that I noticed I had quite a bit more bounce in my step than usual. So I had no choice but to take the time to go back home and quickly wiggle into the bra that I had forgotten to put on before I walked out the door to my house earlier... :P ::) :party: :frusty:

Anyway....enough said in my effort to keep anyone who can be bothered to pay attention while I try to keep people abreast of what is happening in my life.

Cam!  :lol: :lol: :lol:  I have soooo done that before!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2010, 11:38:01 PM »

Thanks, Nomad. At least part of that interview does seem familiar. :think: That Chris Browning seems like a cool/good guy. He looks a bit like Viggo Mortensen, another actor who seems like a cool/good guy.

Glad that he seems to be doing well. And he certainly is looking good.....the test being that I noticed his looks even when he was standing next to Ray. :crush:

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 07:38:07 AM »

Ooh! I hope to remember to look at that site later, Nomad! Thanks!

As usual, you crack me up, Cam!   :lol:  :neen:  :wave:

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 07:42:22 AM »

I, too, had wondered who Chris Browning is.  I was struck by how good-looking he is, and he is a big hunk of man like Ray.  Thanks for a reprise of the interview, Nomad.  His is a heart-warming story.  I'll be looking for more good news about him in the future.

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »

The lady who is interviewing Ray in this video tweeted about him later:

http://twitter.com/becmur/status/7738778208

..."@Julianna237 Thanks Julianna - the cast was great I think Ray Stevenson may have become one of my new favorites to interview."

:wingit:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 08:44:33 PM »

Didn't know whether to post this.. I recommend turning the sound down or off.  It shows Ray signing things for fans and one guy says some stupid things in the background. Enjoy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3oS9NC3Gg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg3oS9NC3Gg</a>
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:01:52 PM by wingit4me » Logged

:wingit:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: