Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:56:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Titus Pullo one of characters of the decade  (Read 6802 times)
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« on: January 21, 2010, 05:23:28 PM »

Titus Pullo
Ray Stevenson - Rome

"I was only following orders. Bloody good orders, too!"

In a show filled to the brim with larger than life personalities, Pullo stands the tallest. He's more or less a psychopath, but that's acceptable when you're part of the Roman legion. It's very enjoyable watching him eviscerate an enemy, but he's a lot of fun in a normal life context too, just passing time between battles. Stevenson seems to be building a career out of being violent, but he can do subtle when he needs to, demonstrated admirably in a number of scenes. In fact, my favorite moment with the character was hardly violent at all besides a single murder. *  Rome thrived off the decadence of its sex and violence, and Pullo was an eager participant in both.

Found at http://prettysureimright.blogspot.com/2010/01/characters-of-decade-part-3.html.

*Gee, I wonder what that favorite moment was?  Maybe the scene between Titus Pullo and Gaia?   :muhaha:

:brit:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 05:54:22 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 07:01:43 PM »

Titus Pullo
Ray Stevenson - Rome

In a show filled to the brim with larger than life personalities, Pullo stands the tallest. He's more or less a psychopath, but that's acceptable when you're part of the Roman legion. It's very enjoyable watching him eviscerate an enemy, but he's a lot of fun in a normal life context too, just passing time between battles. Stevenson seems to be building a career out of being violent, but he can do subtle when he needs to, demonstrated admirably in a number of scenes. In fact, my favorite moment with the character was hardly violent at all besides a single murder. *  Rome thrived off the decadence of its sex and violence, and Pullo was an eager participant in both.

Found at http://prettysureimright.blogspot.com/2010/01/characters-of-decade-part-3.html.

*Gee, I wonder what that favorite moment was?  Maybe the scene between Titus Pullo and Gaia?   :muhaha:

hahaha. I wonder more about his FAVORITE moment (sounds like his favorite moment was a murder, to me.)... :think:

I REALLY don't think of myself as being much into violence....but somehow Titus Pullo was quite attractive and even adorable even when he was being terribly violent....  :huh:

For example: when he was knocking the teeth out of one of the guys who had abducted Octavian; when he was expressing his displeasure at how the gambling was going... before he had to have a bit of brain surgery; when he had to teach Evander a lesson.... etc. etc.....

Errrrr..... one or more of the instances may have actually been considered murder, and not just duty.  :D  ::) Oh dear.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2010, 09:59:28 PM »

Titus Pullo
Ray Stevenson - Rome

hahaha. I wonder more about his FAVORITE moment (sounds like his favorite moment was a murder, to me.)... :think:

I REALLY don't think of myself as being much into violence....but somehow Titus Pullo was quite attractive and even adorable even when he was being terribly violent....  :huh:

For example: when he was knocking the teeth out of one of the guys who had abducted Octavian; when he was expressing his displeasure at how the gambling was going... before he had to have a bit of brain surgery; when he had to teach Evander a lesson.... etc. etc.....

Errrrr..... one or more of the instances may have actually been considered murder, and not just duty.  :D  ::) Oh dear.

Of course, you're right, Cam.  I was thinking of one of MY favorite moments,  :dget:  but I agree with the other favorites that you mentioned.  There are just so many good Titus Pullo moments that that's one reason that Rome is such a treasure, will never disappoint upon reviewing, and continues to garner new converts to Rayving.  Viva le Ray!   :ray:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:18:13 PM »

Looks like people are still talking about Titus Pullo, or should I sat Ray as Titus..here someone thinks he looks like George Clooney even!! Woof!! Woof!

http://thehose.blogspot.com/2009/12/lookey-likey-rome-edition-volume-3.html

Mob1 icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »

Looks like people are still talking about Titus Pullo, or should I sat Ray as Titus..here someone thinks he looks like George Clooney even!! Woof!! Woof!

argh. I am loath to go on unfamiliar sites because I don't want to get my computer attacked again.  :-\ :hmm: :curse:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:11:47 PM »

argh. I am loath to go on unfamiliar sites because I don't want to get my computer attacked again.  :-\ :hmm: :curse:

I went on safely and no problems at all, Cam. Lots of blogging sites your virus protection will let you know if a problem. IE is warning me on legitmate
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:13:50 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
Toduo

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »

Can't see the similarity between Ray and George in the looks department myself, though Mr C is also a cracker!  :cheers:

:toduo:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 03:51:05 PM »

Can't see the similarity between Ray and George in the looks department myself, though Mr C is also a cracker!  :cheers:

I tried to see if there was other stuff about Rome on that site & couldn't do it. Thanks for the link and encouragement, mob! :cheers:

I don't really see the similarity either, Toduo....not even if they used a different photo of Ray. I've seen LOTS of photos of Ray. ;D :crush:

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 11:08:36 PM »

I searched the site, Cam, and all I found was this lookey-loo pic. I agree with you ladies that he doesn't look like George at all, but I did see a Mel Gibson kinda look about him..the snarl I think it was.

Mr C looked like Cary Grant in certain scenes in "Up in the Air". Very handsome man. Woo hoo!!

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »

One of the characters of the decade? Absobloodylutely.

I've been watching Rome on Sunday nights on telly for a number of weeks. It's a wonderful way to end a weekend plus it has the additional bonus of setting me up with some rather wonderful thoughts for the week to come :ray:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: