Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 10:56:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The finest of actors  (Read 19176 times)
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 05:02:34 PM »

I love that movie, Labia, and both men are such wonderful actors. RIP dear Tony...

We, also, lost the crooner Eddie Fisher who may have been more famous for his affair with Liz Taylor while married to the all american Debbie Reynolds. I enjoyed his singing and acting anyway..RIP dear Eddie.

Who's next now? We usually hear of deaths in three's...so one more to go I am afraid. So many of our older beloved actors are nearing 90's now.  :pray:

Mob1 icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 09:00:37 PM »

I love that movie, Labia, and both men are such wonderful actors. RIP dear Tony...

We, also, lost the crooner Eddie Fisher who may have been more famous for his affair with Liz Taylor while married to the all american Debbie Reynolds. I enjoyed his singing and acting anyway..RIP dear Eddie.

Who's next now? We usually hear of deaths in three's...so one more to go I am afraid. So many of our older beloved actors are nearing 90's now.  :pray:

*sigh* Greg Giraldo, the stand-up comedian, died the other day -- apparently of an overdose of prescription drugs.

RIP to all of them.

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2010, 09:19:27 AM »

Now you've jinxed somebody!  :shocking:  It'll probably be me.  I'm so ancient.

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 11:17:34 AM »

Stephen J. Cannell died, too. :( You may have dodged a bullet, Titus. *hands Titus a bulletproof vest*

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 11:23:07 AM »

Stephen J. Cannell died, too. :( You may have dodged a bullet, Titus. *hands Titus a bulletproof vest*

Oops. Stephen J. Cannell was not an actor. He was a famous and successful writer and producer of TV shows. But his name would come up in those "In Memoriam" montages on the Emmies. (Or was he an actor? I suppose I could check IMDb. At any rate, he made his name at writing and producing.)

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 06:35:17 PM »

Oh Puhhhllleeezzzz Titus!! If you are ancient that would make me a fossil... :cry:

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 01:30:38 PM »

Oh Puhhhllleeezzzz Titus!! If you are ancient that would make me a fossil... :cry:

Nah, you're not a fossil at all, MOB!   :snog:

*Sniggers at thought of a prehistoric Titusaurus*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 11:28:49 PM »

Thanks Labia, I suppose I couldn't become fossilized being bionic and all.  :cool2:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »

I watched the most wonderful charming movie tonight with two of the finest actors of our time, Albert Finney and Tom Courtenay!  I saw them in a lovely, sentimental movie called "A Rather English Marriage: about two elderly men who meet in hospital when their respective wives die the same night. A social worker suggests that they live together to help each other out and the result is so heartwarming it brought tears to my eyes a few times. It is a life affirming, uplifting movie and I hope you all get a chance to see it.

Here's to the BBC, may you continue to make more of these kinds of movies in the future. :cheers:

Mob1 icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »

I watched the most wonderful charming movie tonight with two of the finest actors of our time, Albert Finney and Tom Courtenay!  I saw them in a lovely, sentimental movie called "A Rather English Marriage: about two elderly men who meet in hospital when their respective wives die the same night. A social worker suggests that they live together to help each other out and the result is so heartwarming it brought tears to my eyes a few times. It is a life affirming, uplifting movie and I hope you all get a chance to see it.

Here's to the BBC, may you continue to make more of these kinds of movies in the future. :cheers:

That sounds like something I'd like to see. Was that on the BBC America channel, mob? *has a smidgen of hope that there won't be so much "reality tv" :yucky: on BBC America in the future*

I have enjoyed being able to see some of Albert Finney's past work, including 'Tom Jones' :cocky:. I have seen very little of Tom Courteney's work (can't remember what I have seen. :P). I would like to see 'The Dresser' (that was him, right?) and 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' (him, right? ::) ).

Speaking of long distance running, I know of someone who is getting ready for the New York marathon. omg! I think it's just crazy to make yourself do that if you don't have to. I am dealing with heel spurs (I think that's what it's called. I don't know the nickname for plantar fascitis. Obviously I can't be arsed to look up anything.) right now just from long distance walking.

Hmm. I have heel spurs and I recently bought 2 more pairs of riding-type boots, including one pair that are tall enough to be over my knees. All I need now are jodhpurs and a riding crop (and a riding helmet, I guess...safety, you know...) and I'm all set.

Nah. I would not use a riding crop on a poor horsy. ...Maybe if it is a naughty spotty horse.....

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2010, 06:44:40 AM »

That sounds like the sort of film I'd enjoy too. I'll look out for it   :)

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2010, 10:01:18 PM »

I'd never heard of it til I saw that it was on Instant Play on Netflix. Do you have that in UK yet? I watched it online.

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »

I'd never heard of it til I saw that it was on Instant Play on Netflix. Do you have that in UK yet? I watched it online.

Netflix?? I dunno, MOB. The longest thing I think I've watched on line is about 10 minutes of Handels Water Music Suite on YouTube... a whole film is beyond me, methinks  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Toduo

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 04:06:06 PM »

That sounds like something I'd like to see. Was that on the BBC America channel, mob? *has a smidgen of hope that there won't be so much "reality tv" :yucky: on BBC America in the future*

I have enjoyed being able to see some of Albert Finney's past work, including 'Tom Jones' :cocky:. I have seen very little of Tom Courteney's work (can't remember what I have seen. :P). I would like to see 'The Dresser' (that was him, right?) and 'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' (him, right? ::) ).

Speaking of long distance running, I know of someone who is getting ready for the New York marathon. omg! I think it's just crazy to make yourself do that if you don't have to. I am dealing with heel spurs (I think that's what it's called. I don't know the nickname for plantar fascitis. Obviously I can't be arsed to look up anything.) right now just from long distance walking.

Hmm. I have heel spurs and I recently bought 2 more pairs of riding-type boots, including one pair that are tall enough to be over my knees. All I need now are jodhpurs and a riding crop (and a riding helmet, I guess...safety, you know...) and I'm all set.

Nah. I would not use a riding crop on a poor horsy. ...Maybe if it is a naughty spotty horse.....

Er...not sure that the BBC actually made the movie you refer to Mob. Have seen it and it is food for thought. Cam, if you like Albert Finney try and view 'Saturday Night, Sunday Morning'; made in the 60s and directed by Karel Reisz (not sure of spelling, sorry, and too lazy to look it up!) Enjoy!

:toduo:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 08:57:38 PM »

Er...not sure that the BBC actually made the movie you refer to Mob. Have seen it and it is food for thought. Cam, if you like Albert Finney try and view 'Saturday Night, Sunday Morning'; made in the 60s and directed by Karel Reisz (not sure of spelling, sorry, and too lazy to look it up!) Enjoy!

Hi T,

According to the credits it was  co producd by BBC as a TV drama and Masterpiece Theater here picked it up for US TV.  Here's the IMDB link

IMDB info A Rather English Marriage

Mob1 icon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: