Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:54:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ē Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Collect "Thor" interviews here!  (Read 7573 times)
Nomad
« on: April 01, 2010, 11:44:09 AM »

This topic might as well begin with the Los Angeles Times interview of The Big Enchilada, Kenneth Branagh.

Kenneth Branagh is hammering away on 'Thor' -- and those nasty rumors
April 1, 2010 | 10:55 am
EXCLUSIVE

It's no surprise to learn that back in Ireland, young Kenneth Branagh -- who would grow up to direct film adaptations of "Hamlet," "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Henry V" -- fell under the spell of tales about royal family intrigue, ancient rivalry and clanging battlefields. What is unexpected, though, is that epic of obsession was by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, not William Shakespeare.

"Growing up, my single comic book passion was Thor," says the 49-year-old actor and filmmaker who surprised many industry observers by taking on the director's job on the big-budget adaptation of the Marvel Comics thunder god. "From my time in Belfast as a kid, that's the first time I came across that comic, really, exclusively, I don't know why, but it struck a chord. I was drawn to it. I liked all the dynastic drama."

For the uninitiated, the Marvel character Thor first appeared in the August 1962 issue of "Journey into Mystery" (it was a big summer for Marvel -- the first Spider-Man comic book hits stands that same month) as an odd mix of Norse myth and Marvel's distinctive brand of wildly kinetic cosmic melodrama. With his winged helmet, magic hammer and odd old English diction, he fought evil aliens, ancient wizards and costumed crooks and even teamed up with Hercules in Marvel's no-borders brand of mythology.

"Thor," due in 2011, is filming now in Santa Fe, N.M., and stars newcomer Chris Hemsworth (who played the doomed father of James T. Kirk in last year's "Star Trek") will carry the magical hammer of Thor in the film, with Natalie Portman playing his mortal love, Jane Foster.  Anthony Hopkins is Odin, Thor's father, and Tom Hiddleston plays the thunder god's duplicitous brother, Loki.

For both Branagh and upstart Marvel Studios (which arrived with a splash in Hollywood in 2008 with "Iron Man") the cinematic mash-up of Viking deity and 21st century do-gooder will be a singular challenge in Hollywood's crowded superhero sector. The story is split between Asgard, the majestic and eternal home of the Norse gods, and the modern world, which Branagh says he views more as an opportunity than a challenge.

"Inspired by the comic book world both pictorially and compositionally at once, we've tried to find a way to make a virtue and a celebration of the distinction between the worlds that exist in the film but absolutely make them live in the same world," Branagh said. "It's about finding the framing style, the color palette, finding the texture and the amount of camera movement that helps celebrate and express the differences and the distinctions in those worlds. If it succeeds, it will mark this film as different.... The combination of the primitive and the sophisticated, the ancient and the modern, I think that potentially is the exciting fusion, the exciting tension in the film."

It was a different sort of tension that put the film in headlines this week. Gatecrasher, a report in the New York Daily News gossip column, quoted unnamed sources that painted a picture of a sour movie set, with Hopkins making it clear to the crew that he thinks little of 26-year-old Hemsworth's acting skills and Branagh growing frustrated with the Oscar-winning elder's pessimism and complaints.

Hopkins was said to be outraged by the report. The 72-year-old Welsh actor issued this statement: ďI am having the time of my life making Thor with Ken and Chris.  They have made every day immensely fun and collaborative, and we're all puzzled that someone would fabricate a story suggesting otherwise. I'm proud to say that Thor has been one of the great experiences of my career.Ē

Branagh,meanwhile, went on at length about the esprit de corps of his cast, which also includes Rene Russo, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Stellan SkarsgŚrd and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, the common-link character in all of the Marvel Studios films and a key building block for the unprecedented plan to create a unified universe of heroes and stories that spreads across films, including the upcoming Captain America movie in 2012 and "Iron Man 2," which arrives May 7 as one of the most anticipated movies of 2010.

"It's going very, very well," Branagh said Wednesday. "We're in New Meixco now where we have a contemporary Earth part of our story. I guess we're two-thirds of the way through the story and at this stage of the game what's surprising and delighting me is the way the cast, the ensemble, has fused together. It's kind of an interesting combination of very young and very experienced people and the double-up of that, it seems to me, is there is a lot of fire in the movie. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it doesn't try to be too solemn."

Branagh made a point to praise Hopkins as "an extraordinary actor with his Celtic passion and incredible technique" and said he has been a binding force for the film on the set and will do the same on the screen. The cast that plays Asgard's royal family are "people who can embody larger-than-life characters but retain at the center a natural, recognizable, human dynamic ... and these people run the universe."

Young Hemsworth will also star as "Thor" in the planned "Avengers" movie, the superhero team film where (if the current casting plan holds) the Aussie newcomer will have to hold his own with far more experienced peers -- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man;  Edward Norton Jr. as the Hulk's alter ego, Bruce Banner; and Chris Evans as Captain America.

Wednesday was a big day for Marvel Studios because director Jon Favreau wrapped up "Iron Man 2." Kevin Feige, Marvel's president of production, was in a celebratory mood, but it was split with with anger over the New York Daily News reports, which Feige called "garbage."

Feige said the plan to meld the Marvel Universe on the silver screen will move forward dramatically now and he said there are some surprises in "Iron Man 2" that set up an unexpected bond to the "Captain America" movie that director Joe Johnston is doing early work on now in England.

"Now many of the pieces are in place ... with 'Iron Man 2' finished and 'Thor' more than halfway done, that lattice work is being built."

Feige said Branagh is proving to be the ideal choice for "Thor" -- the executive knew he would be after seeing the buoyant and accessible "Much Ado About Nothing," which made Shakespeare fun and funny even to "comic book fans like me," Feige said. He added: "You could actually laugh and understand all of it."

Check back. I will be posting a lot more from my Branagh interview.

-- Geoff Boucher

:nomad:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 02:36:03 PM »

This topic might as well begin with the Los Angeles Times interview of The Big Enchilada, Kenneth Branagh.

Kenneth Branagh is hammering away on 'Thor' -- and those nasty rumors
April 1, 2010 | 10:55 am
EXCLUSIVE

It's no surprise to learn that back in Ireland, young Kenneth Branagh -- who would grow up to direct film adaptations of "Hamlet," "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Henry V" -- fell under the spell of tales about royal family intrigue, ancient rivalry and clanging battlefields. What is unexpected, though, is that epic of obsession was by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, not William Shakespeare.

"Growing up, my single comic book passion was Thor," says the 49-year-old actor and filmmaker who surprised many industry observers by taking on the director's job on the big-budget adaptation of the Marvel Comics thunder god. "From my time in Belfast as a kid, that's the first time I came across that comic, really, exclusively, I don't know why, but it struck a chord. I was drawn to it. I liked all the dynastic drama."

For the uninitiated, the Marvel character Thor first appeared in the August 1962 issue of "Journey into Mystery" (it was a big summer for Marvel -- the first Spider-Man comic book hits stands that same month) as an odd mix of Norse myth and Marvel's distinctive brand of wildly kinetic cosmic melodrama. With his winged helmet, magic hammer and odd old English diction, he fought evil aliens, ancient wizards and costumed crooks and even teamed up with Hercules in Marvel's no-borders brand of mythology.

"Thor," due in 2011, is filming now in Santa Fe, N.M., and stars newcomer Chris Hemsworth (who played the doomed father of James T. Kirk in last year's "Star Trek") will carry the magical hammer of Thor in the film, with Natalie Portman playing his mortal love, Jane Foster.  Anthony Hopkins is Odin, Thor's father, and Tom Hiddleston plays the thunder god's duplicitous brother, Loki.

For both Branagh and upstart Marvel Studios (which arrived with a splash in Hollywood in 2008 with "Iron Man") the cinematic mash-up of Viking deity and 21st century do-gooder will be a singular challenge in Hollywood's crowded superhero sector. The story is split between Asgard, the majestic and eternal home of the Norse gods, and the modern world, which Branagh says he views more as an opportunity than a challenge.

"Inspired by the comic book world both pictorially and compositionally at once, we've tried to find a way to make a virtue and a celebration of the distinction between the worlds that exist in the film but absolutely make them live in the same world," Branagh said. "It's about finding the framing style, the color palette, finding the texture and the amount of camera movement that helps celebrate and express the differences and the distinctions in those worlds. If it succeeds, it will mark this film as different.... The combination of the primitive and the sophisticated, the ancient and the modern, I think that potentially is the exciting fusion, the exciting tension in the film."

It was a different sort of tension that put the film in headlines this week. Gatecrasher, a report in the New York Daily News gossip column, quoted unnamed sources that painted a picture of a sour movie set, with Hopkins making it clear to the crew that he thinks little of 26-year-old Hemsworth's acting skills and Branagh growing frustrated with the Oscar-winning elder's pessimism and complaints.

Hopkins was said to be outraged by the report. The 72-year-old Welsh actor issued this statement: ďI am having the time of my life making Thor with Ken and Chris.  They have made every day immensely fun and collaborative, and we're all puzzled that someone would fabricate a story suggesting otherwise. I'm proud to say that Thor has been one of the great experiences of my career.Ē

Branagh,meanwhile, went on at length about the esprit de corps of his cast, which also includes Rene Russo, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Stellan SkarsgŚrd and Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, the common-link character in all of the Marvel Studios films and a key building block for the unprecedented plan to create a unified universe of heroes and stories that spreads across films, including the upcoming Captain America movie in 2012 and "Iron Man 2," which arrives May 7 as one of the most anticipated movies of 2010.

"It's going very, very well," Branagh said Wednesday. "We're in New Meixco now where we have a contemporary Earth part of our story. I guess we're two-thirds of the way through the story and at this stage of the game what's surprising and delighting me is the way the cast, the ensemble, has fused together. It's kind of an interesting combination of very young and very experienced people and the double-up of that, it seems to me, is there is a lot of fire in the movie. It doesn't take itself too seriously, it doesn't try to be too solemn."

Branagh made a point to praise Hopkins as "an extraordinary actor with his Celtic passion and incredible technique" and said he has been a binding force for the film on the set and will do the same on the screen. The cast that plays Asgard's royal family are "people who can embody larger-than-life characters but retain at the center a natural, recognizable, human dynamic ... and these people run the universe."

Young Hemsworth will also star as "Thor" in the planned "Avengers" movie, the superhero team film where (if the current casting plan holds) the Aussie newcomer will have to hold his own with far more experienced peers -- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man;  Edward Norton Jr. as the Hulk's alter ego, Bruce Banner; and Chris Evans as Captain America.

Wednesday was a big day for Marvel Studios because director Jon Favreau wrapped up "Iron Man 2." Kevin Feige, Marvel's president of production, was in a celebratory mood, but it was split with with anger over the New York Daily News reports, which Feige called "garbage."

Feige said the plan to meld the Marvel Universe on the silver screen will move forward dramatically now and he said there are some surprises in "Iron Man 2" that set up an unexpected bond to the "Captain America" movie that director Joe Johnston is doing early work on now in England.

"Now many of the pieces are in place ... with 'Iron Man 2' finished and 'Thor' more than halfway done, that lattice work is being built."

Feige said Branagh is proving to be the ideal choice for "Thor" -- the executive knew he would be after seeing the buoyant and accessible "Much Ado About Nothing," which made Shakespeare fun and funny even to "comic book fans like me," Feige said. He added: "You could actually laugh and understand all of it."

Check back. I will be posting a lot more from my Branagh interview.

-- Geoff Boucher

:nomad:

*dons helmet with horns*
*dons metal bra (ouch. Don't think I will be keeping that on too long)*
*hopes Thor beats  :hamer: all opposition at the box office*

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »

If you go to see Iron MAn 2 and sit through the whole movie and credits you will see this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJmXTDEWZiE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJmXTDEWZiE</a>

there is more than one of these on YouTube, now sure which is best quality.  Enjoy.

:wingit:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 04:28:02 PM »

Informative interview with Kylie Furneaux, one of the stunt women who worked on Thor:

http://superliciousmen.blogspot.com/2010_05_27_archive.html

"...PF: How long were you working on Thor?
KF: 7 months

PF: Everyone who's talked about Thor has mentioned how immense a production it is and how focuses it's director is on giving it an epic feel. How was it like for you?
KF: It was my favorite show I have ever worked on. I have a personal theory that the flavor of the show is dictated from the top down. Kenneth was such an awesome person and refused to work with people that may cause conflict. This resulted in everyone in every department being so amazingly lovely to work with. He had such a clear vision for this movie and it always felt like we were all striving for the same goal. I truly believe it will be an epic movie. I really looking forward to it coming out.

PF: Did you work exclusively with the other actor's stunt doubles (i.e. Chris Hemsworth, Ray Stevenson) on Thor or did the actors themselves step in and take a few beatings from a sword-wielding Kylie?
KF: I often got to work with the actors on Thor and they were all
fantastic people. An awesome cast who were all very gutsy and into
doing as much of their action as possible. They all learned to fight
and spent many hours in rehearsal for some of the scenes. I was
however never fighting them as we were all on the same team [laughed]. ..."

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:19:31 PM »

Awww... too bad for her that she never got to tussle with Ray (the way the woman [or her stunt double, if she had one] who played Gaia in 'Rome' did).  :dance:

Thanks, Wing!

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:35:47 PM »

Wonder who was Ray's stunt double this time  :think:

thanks Wing!

Mob1 icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 07:06:07 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXVbzvc5VQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNXVbzvc5VQ</a>

redshift

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:31:41 AM »

Good work wing :clap: :clap:

:redshift:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »

Thanks for the find Wing... and I a loving me some Kenneth Branagh in that vid  :clap: :crush:

Mob1 icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 01:13:07 PM »

There will be more Thor movies:

http://aintitcool.com/node/45911

"- Natalie not in The Avengers, but signed for more THOR films."

No mention of who else may be there though

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »

http://www.collider.com/2010/12/10/ray-stevenson-joshua-dallas-interview-thor/

http://media.collider.com/collider_audio/Thor_Set_Visit/Ray_Stevenson_Joshua_Dallas_Interview_Thor_Set_Visit.mp3\

"..When I visited the set of Thor earlier this year, I was able to participate in an interview with Ray Stevenson and Joshua Dallas.  As two of the three members of The Warriors Three (Volstag and Fandril), they talked about their characters and what it was like to make the movie.  For those who havenít read the comic, hereís how Marvel describes them:

Serving amongst the highest of Asgardís royal court, the Warriors Three have proved a fearsome trio to their enemies, truly living up to the motto of ďAll for One, and One for All.Ē Inseparable in battle as well as in leisurely pursuits, the Warriors Three remain unwaveringly loyal to Asgardís kingdom, citizens, and ideals.

In addition, Stevenson and Dallas talked about working for Branagh, Stevenson talked about wearing a fat suit, Dallas talked about how his character has a Errol Flynn vibe, and a lot more.  You can either read or listen to what they had to say after the jump:

You can either read the full transcript below or click here to listen to the audio.  Look for links to my other on set interviews and my full set report at the bottom of this article.  Thor gets released May 6, 2011.

Question: Can each of you give us your own take on your character?
Ray: Iím Volstag and what you see is what you get. Heís a bon vivant lover of life epicurean goodfellow. Heís a god, which helps. Heís full of life. He reminds me very much of Falstaff. Thereís a wonderful innocence to him and the steadfast loyalty of a big Saint Bernard dog. Heíd come running through the snow with a keg of beer to save your life. You know, heís got a twinkle in his eye. Heís always up for a party. Yeah, thatís about it. Heís an all-around good egg. Big egg, but a good egg.

Joshua: Fandril. Fandril the dashing, I think he would like to think of himself. A philanderer. He would like to think of himself, I was saying, as the R. Kelley of Asgard. Heís a lover, not a fighter. You know what Iím saying? Iíve seen Trapped in the Closet and Keep It On the Downlow. All that kind of stuff. Fandril is a fun-loving guy. Heís a ladies man. Itís always debatable how successful he is at that. He thinks heís pretty successful. He thinks that all the ladies love him and, if they donít, then they will soon come around to the idea of loving him. Heís fiercely loyal to Thor and the Warriors Three. They look out for each other. They would rather have a good time, but if heís gotta fight, heíll fight. But, yeah. Heís a great character to play.

Why is he being carried in this scene?

Joshua: He had a run-in with some guys. He got a little hurt, but he went out with style and itís all okay. But, yeah, heís just a little hurt. A mere flesh wound. And Volstag, heís helping me out. His heart is as big as his stomach and heís looking out for me.

How many times have you dropped this guy?

Ray: Well, thereís always time for one more.

Ray, the costume is pretty enormous but it also looks like something you could really pull on. Is it an empowering suit?

Ray: There was one morning where I had the hair and beard and I showed up to call still in my shirt and jeans. When youíre wearing jeans thereís a shift in your center of gravity. A costume like this and a character like this, thereís no way to hide. If you try and play him any way sort of modern or normal, you diminish. Heís larger than life. Heís 150 percent. Youíve got to go for it all the time. It was just impossible. I was walking out my door and I thought, ĎNo, Iíve got to at least get my suit on. I wonít be able to rehearse. I wonít be here.í So, yeah, it is empowering. Itís all or nothing. Very much like him.

Joshua: I think thatís true very much with the Warriors Three because, if youíre modern in any way, it doesnít quite work. You have to really go for it completely and just enjoy it so much.

Do you speak with a British accent in the film?

Joshua: Yes, I do.

Maybe even an Errol Flynn kind of vibe?

Joshua: Yes, definitely. He was a big inspiration for the character and for me. I watched a lot of his movies and kind of got that into my bones. I tried to bring out that little bit of Flynn-ness in it. Flynn had a lot of that boyish charm that Fandrilís got all that in him.

Ray: If there was an elevator or a ladder next to a sail, heíd use his knife and slide down the sail.

Joshua: Exactly. Just because it looks fantastic.

Ray: He knows how to make an entrance.

You mention Fallstaff. Can you talk a little more about that?

Ray: He is very much Fallstaffian. The way Shakespeare wrote Fallstaff is with a heightened language and everything. Thatís the genuis of having Ken Branagh here as well. Shakespeare doesnít require you to have a doctorate in his language or whatever to understand him. It just has to be directed and played right. Itís all about scale and presence and getting these huge, epic stories across. Hence the genius of having Ken steer this ship as well. You have to invest these characters with a Shakespearian quality and not in a way that might disengage the audience but in a way that actually lets you play to an audience.

Joshua: You canít apologize in any way for the characters. You just have to go for it.

How much back story do we learn about the characters in the film?

Ray: Thereís not a lot of direct back story but you do get to see them playing around each other a lot.

Joshua: I think from the very beginning when we see these characters you know their backstory. You know immediately what each one is about. Definitely.

Ray: You donít get to find out where we met or how we met or what food is my favorite or what our birth signs are. Nothing like that. The story is just there.

We saw the throne room and heard about the 300 extras and the shot of you and Thor coming in. What was that experience like?

Joshua: Exhilarating. Amazing.

Ray: It really reminds me of the great movies of the 30ís and 40ís with huge sets and voluminous fireplaces you could walk around in. Glazed floors. I was expecting a Busby Berkley dance number. Big fanfare and all the girls coming out. Iíd have joined in. Itís got that scale, you know? Its Ė

Joshua: Epic.

Ray: Epic with a capital E.

Can you tell us about the third, missing warrior and how you both relate to him?

Ray: He doesnít speak much.

Joshua: Heís a bit grim. But yeah, heís amazing. Heís an amazing actor.

Ray: We all miss him. Heís off being a big star in Japan Ė

Joshua: ĖPicking up awards. Heís nominated for two films this week.

Ray: He doesnít speak much but when he does, everybody shuts up. But also in the healing room where everyone licks their wounds, heís the guy who just goes about his business. Itís all very Asgardian. Thereís lava rocks and a big fireplace. Golden ramís head and all that. Itís rich. Itís rich.

Joshua: He is Hogan.
How does it feel doing a second film for Marvel?

Ray: Great. Absolutely. You know, my internship will be over soon (laughs). Actually, to put it politely, its a fucking honor. Itís a real honor to represent such a company as Marvel, too. They have a lot of faith if it means I can come back and do it again all suited up. Itís all about the integrity of their characters. They care so much about the loyalty and integrity of each and every character and all of their stories. They trust and love their readership. Theyíre the ones who have invested in these stories. Theyíre the ones who have went out and bought the comic book whenever it came out. Theyíre the real investors. They serve them. Having a chance to be part of that Marvel Universe is just ó well, it is what it is. Itís just fantastic.

Iím guessing that part of your responsibility, too, though is the comic relief and the levity Ė

Ray: What?! (Feigning shock) Comedy?

Joshua: Levity?!

Ray: You think weíre here to make you laugh?

Joshua: Well yeahÖ

Ray: I hope so.

Joshua: I think our characters, the Warriors Three, are definitely full of a lot of charm.

Ray: Weíre full of wit.

Joshua: Wit, charm and sincerity and I hope that comes across in the movie.

Ray: We are. We are a bit of levity.

Is this mark on your arm part of this specific scene?

Ray: Yeah. I could tell you about it, but Iíd have to kill you.

It looks very frostbitten?

Ray: Does it? (Feigning surprise) Interesting.

How much fun are you having with this big axe?

Ray: My battle axe? Actually, in rehearsals we act with all the stunt boys and Iím wielding this two-handled battle axe.  When youíre in full costume, you canít actually put your hands together. It is a lot of fun. Heís not going to have a little desert knife, is he?

Are you looking forward to filming in New Mexico?

Ray: Yeah, I was there last year. I was in Albuquerque last year and this is Santa Fe. Nobody should live there. Itís a desert. Iíll be spitting dust for weeks. Altitude dust. Santa Fe has Georgia OíKeefe and all that beautiful stuff.

We heard that you guys are blowing up a town.

Joshua: Itís possible. Anythingís possible with Thor.

Ray: One town?

Joshua: Yeah, itís just one small little town.

Ray: Weíre flying over the galaxies on bi-frost bridges and stuff.

Part of this seems to be set in a world where you guys fit in perfectly and the rest is very much on Earth.

Ray: Yes, but on Earth we started it all, you see. This is just one of the realms. This is where all the legends come from. All the ruins have gone into myths and Norse mythology. Itís all us, love. It was all us before that. Theyíve forgot their place, really. They think, ďOh, you speak our language?Ē and itís actually, ďNo, youíre speaking ours.Ē

Joshua: We invented it.

Could you explain a little what powers you have over the people on Earth? Are you gods?

Ray: Well, we are gods

Joshua: Compared to humans, Asgardians have superhuman strength and ability, agility. Everything is to the max.

Ray: If a car is in the way, Iíll just move it.  You know, thereís no laser beams out of my eyes.

Can you take a bullet?

Ray: Those little metal things? (mock disgust) We actually have a look at one of those.

Joshua: A bullet? What is that? I would cut that with my Asgardian steel.

Can you talk about working with Anthony Hopkins?

Ray: Heís glorious. Just glorious. When they talk about presence and youíre in the presence of somebody who has that much presence, itís just ó you donít have to do anything.

Joshua: I think, like Ray says, a lot of the time actors have something that they have for free and something they donít have to work at. Tony definitely has that status.

Ray: And thereís Rene Russo!

Joshua: Yeah, what a beauty.

Ray: Iím her silent champion. (Laughs) For me, that woman is on a pedestal so high. I mean, heís commander in chief, donít get me wrong but her, sheís just exemplary. Statuesque and regal.

Joshua: Behind every great man, thereís a great woman.

What are your thoughts on a Rome movie? Has there been any movement?

Ray: Iím having a movement right now (laughs). Iím afraid Iím unqualified to answer, really. Iíve read the rumors. Thereís a lot of political questions to be answered. A lot of hell to go through. If there was the slightest chance Pullo could right againÖ It would be fun. It wouldnít be dull.

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 10:30:18 PM »

Mob, try this link and see if it works:

http://media.collider.com/collider_audio/Thor_Set_Visit/Ray_Stevenson_Joshua_Dallas_Interview_Thor_Set_Visit.mp3

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 04:08:35 PM »

Awww I couldn't get it to work   :(

But I really enjoyed the transcript. There were some great moments to *snork* at and bring a smile to my face   :clap:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »

Awww I couldn't get it to work   :(

But I really enjoyed the transcript. There were some great moments to *snork* at and bring a smile to my face   :clap:
The transcript is not exact... but it hits the high points (PS Ray said he would like to see Pullo "ride" again not "right" again)

mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »

How weird..On your post, there wasn't a link..just a long bar with a slider, like when you play a video..it shows you how long it is. But when I quoted your post, a link actually appears and when I cut and paste it, it says the link is broken. Thanks for trying.

Mob1 icon
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: