Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 11:58:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Other Guys pictures and news  (Read 18845 times)
redshift

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 02:23:10 PM »

It's word usually heard in the north of England/Scotland. I think it means something like fool/idiot/ twit. Not a particularly rude word. I always think it's a rather sweet, affectionate word. If there's anyone on here from up North, I'm sure they will clarify. Is there anyone on here from Northern England/Scotland, I wonder?

:redshift:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 03:25:07 PM »

Argggh. I didn't mean to be catty. It was my feeble attempt at a joke.  :worry-rose: Really, there's enough depressing nastiness out in cyberspace without me adding to it. Should Ms. Mendes ever pass through: Sorry love didn't mean any offence. I am a numpty.

Perhaps catty was not the word I was looking for. Your joke was funny to me, though.  :D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

It's word usually heard in the north of England/Scotland. I think it means something like fool/idiot/ twit. Not a particularly rude word. I always think it's a rather sweet, affectionate word. If there's anyone on here from up North, I'm sure they will clarify. Is there anyone on here from Northern England/Scotland, I wonder?

Ye grrrrret noompteh! <---- this is how it must be said for maximum effect

Don't know about all that North business, I'm from Rome.   ;D

TP icon
Toduo

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2010, 04:16:50 PM »

Ye grrrrret noompteh! <---- this is how it must be said for maximum effect

Don't know about all that North business, I'm from Rome.   ;D
I always thought 'numpty' = brainless/clueless.....................nah, can't be you TP! :lol: :cheers:

:toduo:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

I lurve all the witty British words for common, ordinary things..Spices them up!!!! I wanna be a Brit..Can I, plz???  :crush:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2010, 08:20:54 PM »

Ray looks like he is very at ease with himself there. Looking a little chuffed, even. :cheers:
Eva Mendes is a lovely looking lady.  Except she seems to have left the house with a duvet wrapped around her waist. Lovely dress though.

I think you catty hens have rubbed off on me (perverts!) cos I was thinking the same thing.  :think:  Eva is certainly lovely otherwise though!

I just lurve the way the Brits have all these witty great words for ordinary, everyday things...Spices them up!!!!! Not to sound unpatriotic or anything, but I wanna be a BRIT!!!   :crush: :cool2: :clap: :cheers:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

Ray looks like he is very at ease with himself there. Looking a little chuffed, even. :cheers:
Eva Mendes is a lovely looking lady.  Except she seems to have left the house with a duvet wrapped around her waist. Lovely dress though.

I think you catty hens have rubbed off on me (perverts!) cos I was thinking the same thing.  :think:  Eva is certainly lovely otherwise though!

Hmm, apparently Ray liked her, too, TP...duvet and all...according to this article about NYC premiere:  :devilish:

While Wahlberg left his wife and four kids at home in Los Angeles, Ferrell's wife Viveca Paulin came along to New York City's Ziegfeld Theater for the fun, where they greeted the rest of the happy crowd that worked on the film. There was the film's screenwriter Chris Henchy and his wife Brooke Shields, and stars Samuel L. Jackson with wife LaTanya Richardson, Steve Coogan with girlfriend and new reality show star China Chow and Ice-T along with his wife Coco.

Eva Mendes came solo, and soon drew a crowd of admirers including a gaggle of her male co-stars in the flick, from Ray Stevenson and Rob Riggle to Damon Wayans, Jr., and Bobby Cannavale. As basically the only female in the cast, Mendes admitted at an earlier press conference that actually getting paid to star in "The Other Guys" was almost not fair.

http://www.cinenema.com/cozy-couples-at-the-other-guys-premiere
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 02:35:30 PM by mob1 » Logged

Mob1 icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2010, 02:30:34 AM »

Hmm, apparently Ray liked her, too, TP//duvet and all...according to this article about NYC premiere.  :devilish:

While Wahlberg left his wife and four kids at home in Los Angeles, Ferrell's wife Viveca Paulin came along to New York City's Ziegfeld Theater for the fun, where they greeted the rest of the happy crowd that worked on the film. There was the film's screenwriter Chris Henchy and his wife Brooke Shields, and stars Samuel L. Jackson with wife LaTanya Richardson, Steve Coogan with girlfriend and new reality show star China Chow and Ice-T along with his wife Coco.

Suddenly I'm thinking about having some Seafood Mai Fun and chilled Orange Pekoe with lemon. Kidding. I will go back to bed and wait until I'm awake again, later, to eat and to drink some caffeine. :koffie:

Wonder if Ice-T and his wife Coco have a daughter named Soy Chai Latte? :hide:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
redshift

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »

I just lurve the way the Brits have all these witty great words for ordinary, everyday things...Spices them up!!!!! Not to sound unpatriotic or anything, but I wanna be a BRIT!!!   :crush: :cool2: :clap: :cheers:

Our language is all we have to offer the world these days, mob!

I had to explain to my non British cousin the meaning of gobsmacked the other day: To be gobsmacked means to be lost for words. Not to be confused with gobshite which means a person who is really, really not lost for words. But if you persist in being a gobshite you are quite likely to be smacked in the gob. Which isn't the same as being gobsmacked. I suppose if you are smacked in the gob hard enough, you could end up being gobsmacked, which would stop you being a gobshite for a while at least.

He was confused.

:redshift:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2010, 02:53:32 PM »

:drule:
I had to explain to my non British cousin the meaning of gobsmacked the other day: To be gobsmacked means to be lost for words. Not to be confused with gobshite which means a person who is really, really not lost for words. But if you persist in being a gobshite you are quite likely to be smacked in the gob. Which isn't the same as being gobsmacked. I suppose if you are smacked in the gob hard enough, you could end up being gobsmacked, which would stop you being a gobshite for a while at least.

He was confused.

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol: 

Hope I remember all that when I am truly gobsmacked, which as those who know me know, rarely happens  . Does that make me gobshite? And I do recall being smacked in the gob a few times.   :spank: :drule:

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2010, 03:50:45 PM »

Go to your room.  :hmm:

:D

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »

He was confused.

*golfclap* Bra-vo.  :D

I'm usually lost for words but prattle on anyway.  :blah2:

TP icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2010, 04:22:04 PM »

Our language is all we have to offer the world these days, mob!

He was confused.

*clouds part* *light shines through* Good explanation, I gather..red! :clap: :cheers:

(The thing posted before I typed anything, again. I still think it could have been my fault, though.  ::) )

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 04:25:07 PM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »

:drule:

He was confused.

:lol:   :lol:   :lol:   :lol: 

Hope I remember all that when I am truly gobsmacked, which as those who know me know, rarely happens  . Does that make me gobshite? And I do recall being smacked in the gob a few times.   :spank: :drule:

:popcorn: !!!

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

Go to your room.  :hmm:

:D

*gets a room*  ( doh! I forgot that there is no smiley for "Get A Room" in here. That is an SCBG smiley. :shy: :shrug:) :anyone: *crickets*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: