Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:23:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  
Author Topic: The Three Musketeers  (Read 51702 times)
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« on: May 10, 2010, 11:13:35 PM »

Paul W.S. Anderson is culling actors from rising stars to Oscar winners for his 3D version of the classic tale "The Three Musketeers." The project is slated to begin shooting in September.

Logan Lerman, who recently played the title character in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," is in negotiations to play D'Artagnan, a young man who leaves home to become a member of the fighting force of the French king's royal household.

Ray Stevenson ("The Book of Eli"), Luke Evans ("Clash of the Titans") and Matthew Macfadyen ("Robin Hood") have been cast as three of the force's best and most disgraced members: Porthos, Athos and Aramis, respectively, whose creed of friendship is "All for one and one for all!"

Rounding out the cast as villains are Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz ("Inglourious Basterds") as Cardinal Richelieu and Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen ("Clash of the Titans") as Rochefort. Anderson's wife, Milla Jovovich, has been cast as Milady de Winter, a former love of Athos who is described as "17th century Bond girl."

An offer is out to Orlando Bloom to play nemesis the Duke of Buckingham.

Anderson is going for a contemporary feel with his movie, which will be in 3D, without losing the period setting. Summit is distributing domestically and is handling foreign sales.

:lotis:

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 06:16:03 AM »

Paul W.S. Anderson is culling actors from rising stars to Oscar winners for his 3D version of the classic tale "The Three Musketeers." The project is slated to begin shooting in September.

Logan Lerman, who recently played the title character in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief," is in negotiations to play D'Artagnan, a young man who leaves home to become a member of the fighting force of the French king's royal household.

Ray Stevenson ("The Book of Eli"), Luke Evans ("Clash of the Titans") and Matthew Macfadyen ("Robin Hood") have been cast as three of the force's best and most disgraced members: Porthos, Athos and Aramis, respectively, whose creed of friendship is "All for one and one for all!"

Rounding out the cast as villains are Academy Award winner Christoph Waltz ("Inglourious Basterds") as Cardinal Richelieu and Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen ("Clash of the Titans") as Rochefort. Anderson's wife, Milla Jovovich, has been cast as Milady de Winter, a former love of Athos who is described as "17th century Bond girl."

An offer is out to Orlando Bloom to play nemesis the Duke of Buckingham.

Anderson is going for a contemporary feel with his movie, which will be in 3D, without losing the period setting. Summit is distributing domestically and is handling foreign sales.

:lotis:

Ooh. Look forward to seeing Balizarde coming at me in 3D!  :o :squirm: :nailbite2:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:12 AM »

*Gets in quick with the ..."All for one.... and that one's MEEEEE!!"*  :giggly:

I'm very pleased and hope we'll see some wonderful acting without fangs, rubber suits or wigs!   :clap:

This is great news for Ray - another big part  ;D

Me likey Matthew MacFadyen too... although he will forever be Mr Darcy with the annoying tatty hair to me [everyone in that version of Pride & Prejudice was in need of a comb in my opinion].

I'm rather surprised yet another version of the Three Musketeers is being made, though. Guess that makes me feel old as I remember the other versions too well  :(

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »

Found lots and lots of stuff for Three Musketeers from googling... most are repeating the same things, so I will just post one.. we like Elizabeth Rappe:

http://www.cinematical.com/2010/05/11/paul-w-s-anderson-casts-his-three-musketeers/

"Porthos, Athos, and Aramis will be played by Ray Stevenson (one of my very favorites, and the perfect Porthos), Matthew MacFadyen, and Luke Evans, respectively."

:wingit:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 11:17:46 PM »

OMG!!! I am tickled pink over this news....what a great part for Ray to get his chops into. I bet this will be a witty version and Ray gets to show some Pullo like wit..YAY!!!   :clap: :cheer: :yahoo: :cheer2: :ray: :loveys:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 11:33:58 PM »

:huh: :dget: :hmm:

I did a bit of googling of my own and found this article about this being a MODERNIZED version in 3D. There is another Three Musketeers movie being put together at the same time, too. What are they thinking? Here's the article..I am getting apprehensive now about what kind of production this will be. This director is doing a 3D Buck Rogers now...YIKES...a modern Three Musketeers has me very worried indeed.    :think:

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/10/logan-lerman-ray-stevenson-christoph-waltz-and-mads-mikkelsen-in-paul-ws-andersons-three-musketeers-3d/

Mob1 icon
Marianne

ALEA IACTA EST!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 01:12:09 AM »

Oh my God how many versions of THREE MUSKETEERS will be filming yet???? :think: I hope this version will be better than last offers! :dance:

Markéta
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:28:56 PM »

Lotis lives!

Wot Wikipedia says about Porthos:
"Porthos, honest and slightly gullible, is the extrovert of the group, enjoying wine, women and song. His eating abilities even impress King Louis XIV during a banquet at Versailles."

Sounds vaguely familiar, that... :uhm:  A certain lad wot'd eat the table if you let him?  ;D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 01:32:27 PM »

*Gets in quick with the ..."All for one.... and that one's MEEEEE!!"*  :giggly:

:D

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 01:35:04 PM »

Ooh. Look forward to seeing Balizarde coming at me in 3D!  :o :squirm: :nailbite2:

*puerile snigger*

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 01:47:19 PM »

Ooh, are we playing Six Degrees of Ray Stevenson?  I do believe wee kevvy (McKidd, aka Lucius Vorenus) was in PJ&O playing that god wot Pullo cheesed off at sea one time.  :rant: :fire:

TP icon
angie_smack

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »

I can't wait to see him in this!!! He's so good at period pieces and I think he will be brilliant as Porthos. 
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 08:02:41 PM »

I can't wait to see him in this!!! He's so good at period pieces and I think he will be brilliant as Porthos. 

Hi, angie_smack! Welcome! :wave:

I SWEAR I have NEVER seen your name before tonight. And yet you have 4 posts? You must have powerful gods on your side. *sidles up to you*  ;D ::)

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »

Lotis lives!

"Porthos, honest and slightly gullible, is the extrovert of the group, enjoying wine, women and song. His eating abilities even impress King Louis XIV during a banquet at Versailles."
Sounds vaguely familiar, that... :uhm:  A certain lad wot'd eat the table if you let him?  ;D

:dance: :faint: :no:

Edited to add: This is my last crack at modifying this stupid post. Sorry if I messed it up again. It was dopey and lewd. Surprise! :hmm:

« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 08:14:16 PM by Camamar » Logged

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 08:12:02 PM »

:dance: :faint: :no:
Edited to add: This is my last crack at modifying this stupid post. Sorry if I messed it up again. It was dopey and lewd. Surprise! :hmm:

Are you insinuating a cannibal attended the Convention of Legless Ladies?  :shocking:

TP icon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: