Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:42:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: The Three Musketeers  (Read 51698 times)
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2011, 09:03:48 PM »

HI Labia..haven't seen it yet. It just opened up about 15 miles away, just need to get there now. Been a bit under the weather lately. We are expecting some warmer temps next week, just in time for me to visit Vegas I hope...can't wait to see all the girls..big and small. :clap: :crush:

Take care over there.  :wave: :cheers:

Mob1 icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2011, 04:40:15 AM »

HI Labia..haven't seen it yet. It just opened up about 15 miles away, just need to get there now. Been a bit under the weather lately. We are expecting some warmer temps next week, just in time for me to visit Vegas I hope...can't wait to see all the girls..big and small. :clap: :crush:

Hi mob, have a safe trip and remember to take lots of pictures to show us.. the young'uns are so cute. Big hugs to you.

:wingit:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2011, 07:15:27 PM »

Feel better, mob!  :pet: Bon voyage and good times to you and yours! :wave:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2011, 10:11:20 PM »

Thanks all but plans are made if I feel up to it..we'll see by end of the week if I go.

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #199 on: September 05, 2011, 07:14:55 PM »

THE THREE MUSKETEERS is No. 1 in Germany

EUR 2,4 million Box office on first weekend
Also Number 1 on the Austrian movie charts

MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 5, 2011 /CNW/ - This weekend THE THREE MUSKETEERS claimed the top spot at the German box office. The new adventure movie in 3D produced by Constantin Film was released in Germany and Austria last Thursday.

On the first weekend THE THREE MUSKETEERS grossed approximately 2,4 million taking the lead on the German box office charts. In Austria the movie grossed approximately 350.000 and was the clear winner not only at the box office but also in audience numbers.

This big-screen action adventure remake of THE THREE MUSKETEERS - based on Alexandre Dumas' classic novel - was conceived and shot in state-of-the-art 3D. Athos, Porthos and Aramis - three elite warriors who serve the King of France as his best Musketeers - discover an evil conspiracy to overthrow the King. They meet the young, aspiring hero - D'Artagnan - and take him under their wing. Together, the four embark on a dangerous mission to foil the plot that not only threatens the Crown, but the future of Europe itself.

THE THREE MUSKETEERS stars Logan Lerman, Milla Jovovich, Matthew Macfadyen, Ray Stevenson, Luke Evans, Mads Mikkelsen, Gabriella Wilde, James Corden, Juno Temple, Freddie Fox with Orlando Bloom and Christoph Waltz.

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
bonny

« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2011, 02:20:50 AM »

Nice!  We have to wait until 21 October!!  :hmm:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #201 on: September 10, 2011, 07:56:31 AM »

THE THREE MUSKETEERS is No. 1 in Germany

EUR 2,4 million Box office on first weekend
Also Number 1 on the Austrian movie charts

MUNICH, Germany, Sept. 5, 2011 /CNW/ - This weekend THE THREE MUSKETEERS claimed the top spot at the German box office. The new adventure movie in 3D produced by Constantin Film was released in Germany and Austria last Thursday.

On the first weekend THE THREE MUSKETEERS grossed approximately 2,4 million taking the lead on the German box office charts. In Austria the movie grossed approximately 350.000 and was the clear winner not only at the box office but also in audience numbers.

This big-screen action adventure remake of THE THREE MUSKETEERS - based on Alexandre Dumas' classic novel - was conceived and shot in state-of-the-art 3D. Athos, Porthos and Aramis - three elite warriors who serve the King of France as his best Musketeers - discover an evil conspiracy to overthrow the King. They meet the young, aspiring hero - D'Artagnan - and take him under their wing. Together, the four embark on a dangerous mission to foil the plot that not only threatens the Crown, but the future of Europe itself.

THE THREE MUSKETEERS stars Logan Lerman, Milla Jovovich, Matthew Macfadyen, Ray Stevenson, Luke Evans, Mads Mikkelsen, Gabriella Wilde, James Corden, Juno Temple, Freddie Fox with Orlando Bloom and Christoph Waltz.

:clap:   :dance2:   :dance:   :yahoo:   :cheer2:   :ray:   :drule:  :clap:   :dance2:   :dance:   :yahoo:   :cheer2:   :ray:   :drule:  :clap:   :dance2:   :dance:   :yahoo:   :cheer2:   :ray:   :drule:  :clap:   :dance2:   :dance:   :yahoo:   :cheer2:   :ray:   :drule:
Yaaaaaay! That's brilliant! Wonderful! Fantastic! Er, for the Germans.

Roll on 12th October, although I read the UK premiere is 4th October *looks forward to film immensely*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
bonny

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2011, 04:16:02 PM »

With its airborne CGI galleons, 3D format and an armed Milady who hides rappelling equipment beneath her corset, helmer Paul W. S. Anderson's version of "The Three Musketeers" is a very 2011 take on Alexandre Dumas' classic that feels weirdly dated already. Although adequately entertaining thanks to lavish production values and game supporting perfs, this anodyne adaptation lacks a killer hook that would help it cross over to a demographic beyond action buffs and fanboys. Canny calendar positioning should help Summit's October release Stateside, but the pic will swash more buckle overseas, where the title has more cachet. Already open in Germany, "Musketeers" screens Sept. 23 at the San Sebastian Film Festival.
Not too long ago, it looked as though this American-German-French-British co-production would be one of two new 3D adaptations of "Three Musketeers" this year, alongside Warner Bros.' Doug Liman-helmed version. Whatever the reasons that project was put on hold, one can't help but wonder if there might have been well-founded doubts about how well Dumas' 17th century-set tale of chivalry, camaraderie and courtly intrigue could be remixed for contempo auds without diluting it beyond all recognition.

Indeed, the script here struggles to find a balance between the sensibilities of Alex Litvak, best known for writing "Grayskull" and "Predators," and Andrew Davies, who built his rep on tony literary adaptations for British TV such as "Pride and Prejudice" (1995) and "Little Dorrit" (2008). End product lacks Davies' signature verbal sparkle Davies, but also sags in the middle, the way a mainstream action film shouldn't, when it bogs down in all the business about the Queen's purloined necklace (ironically, the bit closest to Dumas' novel).

The opening sequence offers a typical example of how far beyond Dumas the filmmakers are willing to go, as the Musketeers, soldiers in the employ of France's King Louis (Freddie Fox), are introduced on a secret mission to Venice to snatch plans drawn up by Leonardo Da Vinci for an airship. Joining leader Athos (Matthew Macfadyen), enigmatic ex-priest Aramis (Luke Evans) and jovial muscleman Porthos (Ray Stevenson) on this quest is none other than Milady de Winter herself (Milla Jovovich, Anderson's regular muse), not just a pretty face and a cunning mind, but also a dab hand with a sword and a roundhouse kick.

Unfortunately, Milady betrays them, as she's secretly in cahoots with Cardinal Richelieu (Christoph Waltz, good but somewhat lazily cast as yet another smooth villain). This leaves Athos particularly embittered by the time young, idealistic, Justin Bieber-haired upstart D'Artagnan (Logan Lerman) arrives in Paris sometime later from the sticks, keen to become a Musketeer himself.

Richard Lester's "Three Musketeers" (1973) and "Four Musketeers" (1974) made their own significant departures from the books, as nearly every film version has, but they had a bawdy streak that's notably lacking in this very teen-skewed PG-13 incarnation. Louis, for example, is a moon-faced kid basically suffering from a crush on his own wife (Juno Temple, a delight as usual), while D'Artagnan gives him brotherly dating advice. Orlando Bloom plays the Duke of Buckingham like a rival jock from another school, sneering over Louis' out-of-fashion duds. For an action film, there's an awful lot of foppish discussion about clothes going on.

But what glorious clothes they are. Pierre-Yves Gayraud's exquisitely detailed outfits steal scene after scene, in particular the women's gowns, all intricate silk brocades shot through with metallic threads and glinting like jewels. Glen MacPherson's digital lensing has been balanced in post in such a way to let the electric blues on the king's guards' uniforms pop just a bit more intensely, especially in the many bright, sunlit rooms (a mix of Bavarian locations and sets at Berlin's Studio Babelsberg) deployed for the palace scenes.

The use of 3D rather limits the fluidity of the action sequences, which ought to be Anderson's strong suit, but it does nothing but favors for Paul Denham Austerberry's rococo production design.

Camera (color, widescreen, HD, 3D), Glen MacPherson; editor, Alexander Berner; music, Paul Haslinger; music supervisors, Christoph Becker, Pia Hofmann; production designer, Paul Denham Austerberry; supervising art director, Nigel Churcher, art directors, David Scheunemann, Hucky Hornberger; set decorator, Philippe Turlure; costume designer, Pierre-Yves Gayraud; sound (Dolby Digital), Roland Winke; supervising sound editor, Stefan Busch; re-recording mixers, Michael Kranz, Andrew Stirk; special effects supervisor, Gerd Feuchter; special effects, Die Nefzers; visual effects supervisor, Bennis Berardi; visual effects, Mr. X; fight choreographer, Nick Powell; stunt coordinators, Powell, Volkhart Buff; stereographer, John Harper; line producer, Silvia Tollman; assistant director, Jamie Christopher; second unit director, Nick Powell; second unit camera, Vern Nobles; casting, Suzanne M. Smith. Reviewed at Odeon West End, London, Sept. 21, 2011. (In San Sebastian Film Festival -- Velodrome.) MPAA Rating: PG-13. Running time: 110 MIN.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946198/
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2011, 10:55:24 PM »

This sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun..too bad it isn't opening this weekend because I am taking my 13 yo neice to the matinee and nothing much is out I would like that she can see.

This sounds like a lot of fantasy thrown in and not much about the Dumas version other than the characters, but I know I will like it all the same. I love fantasy films..like Midnight in Paris Oh la la...and muscleman Ray, Whoo Hoo!!!  I love all the other actors in it. I can't believe October is here in a week already....where did the summer go.

:clap: :yahoo: It's winter movie time now!  :rockon2:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #204 on: September 24, 2011, 12:40:39 AM »

I ran across a blog site I liked "The League of British Artists" with info on what's going on in the world of Brit actors and movies.

They did a blog about "the Three Muskateers" you might want to read. Nothing new, just a new take on the movie from a bright perspective.

The League of British Artists

PS Bonny, is this where you got the Japanese trailer from?

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2011, 10:14:38 AM »

I ran across a blog site I liked "The League of British Artists" with info on what's going on in the world of Brit actors and movies.

They did a blog about "the Three Muskateers" you might want to read. Nothing new, just a new take on the movie from a bright perspective.

I'd not seen that site before - thanks MOB!   :clap:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2011, 04:51:52 PM »

Nice site, mob!  And I liked the fact that Ray was on the front page.  Also, did you notice that they referred back to this site for more Ray news.

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
bonny

« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2011, 10:28:43 PM »

Sorry for the late reply.  I've already forgotten where or from whom I snarked that trailer.  I should have given the source.  :dget:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #208 on: October 04, 2011, 08:24:51 AM »

Today's the day! The Premiere in London. Hope there's LOTS of delicious Raypix later...  :yahoo:   :dance2:   :dance:   :clap:   :rock:   :yahoo:   :cheer2:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »

I love the ones you posted, Labia! I saw some on Daily Mail but most of them were the other cast members and attendies.

A review has come out and if not posted I will do so on correct thread.

Mob1 icon
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: