Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:45:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Band of Gold (mini-series)  (Read 16739 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 06:45:50 PM »

Disc 2 is supposed to arrive in the mail tomorrow... can't wait.

:wingit:
Tryne

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 08:06:42 AM »

Sounds like something I should look for too... just realised that a friend of mine gave me a free copy of Return of the Native last summer, which I threw away with a lot of junk in one of my many times of moving  :calimero:... life is bitter  :calimero:  :calimero:  :calimero:
 :tryne:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 08:09:40 AM by Tryne » Logged

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »

Sounds like something I should look for too... just realised that a friend of mine gave me a free copy of Return of the Native last summer, which I threw away with a lot of junk in one of my many times of moving  :calimero:... life is bitter  :calimero:  :calimero:  :calimero:

Another instance of "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone", Tryne. :(

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2007, 02:46:17 PM »

Don't feel bad, Tryne, I purposely avoided watching "The Return of the Native" whenever it came on Hallmark 'cause I had to read it in high school for a book report and thought it was BORING.  Of course in my imagination Clem didn't look anything like Ray, so what did I know... (brainspanking self now) and I hated the character of Eustacia because she thought she had to make men give her what she wanted instead of getting it for herself... but who knows how I would have been a maniputalive $#%^&   er thought  had I lived in that time and place. 

Rented it off Netflix to make up for my (ahem) bad past behavior, and hope to watch it soon.

Tryne

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »

Hmm... think I'll look for that one as well... But the good news are that I have just borrowed Rome season 1 again from a colleague at work, so I can watch Ray as much as I like  :cheer2:...
My boyfriend came back from England last week and he had bought me a really, really, really beautiful necklace which had been really, really, really, really, really expensive, so I don't think I'll get 'Rome' for my birthday now, since he spend all his money on the 'I love you SOOOO much Honey' necklace... :crush:..... Arw, he is Soooo sweet.. I'm  lucky  :cheer:....
Anyway.... I'll save up money to buy 'Rome', 1 and  2, 'Return..' and ' Band..' for a present for myself for my birthday then  :D

Look here Mars - look here Mars. I'm Titus Pullo. These bloody men - my gift to you.
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 06:43:16 AM »

OK, watched the last 3 parts of "Band of Gold" last night, don't quite understand the show's title.  In the first 3 episodes, the makeup they used on him  was very grayish and his eyes were irritated.  In the last 3, Ray had a few more scenes, the make up they used on him got gradually less chalky and in his last couple of scenes his skin was a normal color.  His character has a show down of sorts with the woman who helped his wife get into prostitution and he and his mother-in-law end up accepting some responsibility for the role they played in causing the wife's death.

Ray's character had 3 young daughters (a baby, a toddler, and a grade-school child) and looked very natural picking them up and comforting them. Looks like he would do well playing a father in something family-friendly.

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 11:14:54 AM »

OK, watched the last 3 parts of "Band of Gold" last night, don't quite understand the show's title. 

Wing, don't you think the writers referred to a wedding band?

You know, the more and more I see and hear of    :ray: Ray, I think he must be a very sensitive, articulate person in addition to be a true hottie!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:17:57 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 12:15:42 PM »

Hi Britmys  :wave:

Ok, bringing up my literary analyst self (the one that made it through the first 4 years of college)  who is sure the title works on many levels, ironically referring to the wedding ring 'cause there wasn't a happy couple in the whole thing, as well as the bonds between the prostitues as they "banded" together to protect each other, to change their lives and accidentally catch the bad guy.  Techy/nerd self wants to come out and work on writing another game now, but has to write a paper on the history of UNIX and Linux (operating system languages)  for a class assignment.. addicted to school, can't stop taking classes.  Probably gonna watch "The Return of the Native" first, it came in the mail today. 

britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 12:26:05 PM »

Hi, Wing  :wave:  Sorry, though I was an English/Journalism major for my B.A., I tend to analyze t.v. shows rather simplistically  ;D  I'm sure your answer it much more analytically correct  :smartass:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 12:27:41 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
redshift

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 02:17:17 PM »

Band of Gold is being shown again on Alibi  ( formerly known as UK Drama) from Thurs 4th Dec, at various times.

:redshift:
Caroline

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2008, 03:51:53 PM »

Thank you redshift!  :cheers:

I've never seen this before and am now looking forward to it.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »

Hi redshift!

Thanks for the heads-up about Band of Gold.

I've irritated my hubby enormously by Sky+ recording all the episodes that are on in the dead of night around 3am. With these and my old but precious City Central's, I've been accused of hogging the recorder's limited memory with Ray SteVenson's rubbish. I just laughed and reminded him I ordered, bought and still pay for satellite TV so Ray wins and his programmes lose and if he doesn't like it he can go take a short walk off a long pier!

I've seen only one episode so far [speeded through it] and can't say much 'cept Ray is in shock at finding out his real life ex-wife Ruth Gemmell was working as a prostitute and got murdered. Poor thing ain't stopped crying or looking into the distance with red eyes yet. I'll have to watch it properly to find out wot really happened!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2008, 08:47:54 PM »

Ooh, Labia. Might we hope for more in the series of your delightful descriptions of Ray's performances? :popcorn:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: