Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:04:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cleveland Movie Premiere with Ray  (Read 4688 times)
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« on: March 09, 2011, 11:09:30 PM »

Looks like a big turnout for the official Premiere of Kill the Irishman..YAY!!  Small clip with Ray and Rick Porello at the theater.  :yahoo: :clap:

I don't know how to post the video here so here's the link:

Ray at Cleveland Movie Premiere

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 12:26:22 AM »

Lots of news coverage on Cleveland Premiere tonight..here's a longer video clip of Ray at the premiere..They are running a special on it on Friday night..woo hoo..lots of publicity.  :dance:

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/danny-greene-movie-premiers-in-cleveland-heights

Mob1 icon
Rick Porrello

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »

It was an honor to introduce Ray at the Cleveland premiere. He is a class act and was very gracious with guests at the premiere and after-party including members of Danny Greene's family, chatting, taking photos, etc. Cleveland has had a tremendous opening week and has set the tone for this wonderful film to roll out. Danny's ex-wife said Ray even reminded her of Danny and that the movie and meeting Ray was a sense of closure for her. Bravo. Thank you, Ray. RP
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 07:02:02 PM »

It was an honor to introduce Ray at the Cleveland premiere. He is a class act and was very gracious with guests at the premiere and after-party including members of Danny Greene's family, chatting, taking photos, etc. Cleveland has had a tremendous opening week and has set the tone for this wonderful film to roll out. Danny's ex-wife said Ray even reminded her of Danny and that the movie and meeting Ray was a sense of closure for her. Bravo. Thank you, Ray. RP

Oh, that's wonderful. Thank you, Rick.  :clap: Good luck to Ray and everyone involved in the film.

Vincent D'Onofrio & Christopher Walken were interviewed on the Preston & Steve radio show on Friday morning March 18. Vincent D'Onofrio had some nice things to say about Ray as did one of the guys (He said he loves Ray and was a huge fan of 'Rome'  :) ) on the radio show.

Found out that 'Kill The Irishman' is due to open in my city on Friday March 25. Yay! Maybe I can get Mr. C to agree to go with me to see that.

:bead:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:40:16 AM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 07:43:06 PM »

Oh, that's wonderful. Thank you, Rick.  :clap: Good luck to Ray and everyone involved in the film.

Vincent D'Onofrio & Christopher Walken were interviewed on the Preston & Steve radio show on Friday morning March 18. Vincent D'Onofrio had some nice things to say about Ray as did one of the guys (He said he loves Ray and was a huge fan of 'Rome'  :) ) on the radio show.

Found out that 'Kill The Irishman' is due to open in my city on Friday March 25. Yay! Maybe I can get Mr. C to agree to go with me to see that.

Oops! I didn't mean to give anyone the impression that CW just sat there and said nothing about Ray while VD'O sang Ray's praises with no back-up. The interviews were conducted at different times, and possibly in different locations (neither interview was conducted in-studio).

« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 12:41:39 AM by Camamar » Logged

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »

Thank you, Rick, for your gracious words about Ray.  We fans know what a class act he is, and it is heart-warming to hear others echo our sentiments.  Thank you, too, Rick, for contributing to Ray's site.  We appreciate your membership.

:brit:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 04:31:40 PM by britmys » Logged

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »

Wonderful to see you here, Rick. Congradulations on the success of your book and now the movie. I am thrilled at how well the movie is doing and glad that it is getting a wider release than originally planned. Now I am sure I will be able to see it somewhere here in the LA basin.

I read about his wife saying that Ray looked so much like Danny in real life, too.

When will the documentary be shown?

Mob1 icon
Rick Porrello

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 04:56:14 PM »

Tommy Reid's documentary premiered last weekend and did fantastic. It is being released in theaters in Cleveland starting April 8th. If I can figure how to upload some photos I will.

Great board you guys have here for Ray. I have sent an invitation, or suggestion, for Danny Greene's grandson to join and comment. RP

bonny

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »

Tommy Reid's documentary will be included on the DVD with Kill the Irishman;D
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 06:28:17 PM »

Nice!

I finally saw 'Kill the Irishman'. Glad I was able to enjoy Ray, of course.  ;) ...I must say...I would love to "dance with" him. :dance:  ::)

I also would have loved to see him being a "cowboy".  :) :popcorn: Sorry if anyone thinks I let any spoilers loose with my blabbing...

I think most would agree that among the most moving parts were Ray's character helping out Vincent D'Onofrio's character, Ray's character talking on the telephone to his girlfriend and .. oh, ok... I just drank in all of Ray in this film.  ;D :drool:

There was a lot of story to cover, and I am hoping there will be some outtakes among the DVD extras, including more between Christopher Walken and Ray, and Vincent D'Onofrio and Ray. And maybe between Danny's wife and Danny, and Danny's girlfriend and Danny.  ::)  :squirm: 

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 06:30:26 PM by Camamar » Logged

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 09:07:36 AM »

Nice!

I finally saw 'Kill the Irishman'. Glad I was able to enjoy Ray, of course.  ;) ...I must say...I would love to "dance with" him. :dance:  ::)

I also would have loved to see him being a "cowboy".  :) :popcorn: Sorry if anyone thinks I let any spoilers loose with my blabbing...

I think most would agree that among the most moving parts were Ray's character helping out Vincent D'Onofrio's character, Ray's character talking on the telephone to his girlfriend and .. oh, ok... I just drank in all of Ray in this film.  ;D :drool:

There was a lot of story to cover, and I am hoping there will be some outtakes among the DVD extras, including more between Christopher Walken and Ray, and Vincent D'Onofrio and Ray. And maybe between Danny's wife and Danny, and Danny's girlfriend and Danny.  ::)  :squirm: 

Thanks, Cam *makes me SOOOO want to see the film*

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:10:12 AM »

Tommy Reid's documentary premiered last weekend and did fantastic. It is being released in theaters in Cleveland starting April 8th. If I can figure how to upload some photos I will.

Great board you guys have here for Ray. I have sent an invitation, or suggestion, for Danny Greene's grandson to join and comment. RP

Thanks, Rick! We like it here too and risk all sorts to be here *is supposed to be working hard*   ;D

Please keep in touch with us Rayvers *Raynews hungry* and can't wait to see Kill The Irishman here in the UK.

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 08:25:34 PM »

Thanks Rick, it would be great to see it, and Danny's grandson as well. Congradulations to you sir for your great success in all of this..without you there would never have been a book to base the movie on. Great job!!!

:cheers:

Mob1 icon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: