Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 11:58:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 38580 times)
bonny

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 07:34:51 PM »

Those are really adorable!  But I wonder what was the purpose of that shoot?  The costumes didn't have anything to do with T3M in 3D, although they got posted in the News section of the Jayne Mansfield's Car topic?  So I'm confused!!  :dget:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:36:25 PM by bonny » Logged
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »

Those are really adorable!  But I wonder what was the purpose of that shoot?  The costumes didn't have anything to do with T3M in 3D, although they got posted in the News section of the Jayne Mansfield's Car topic?  So I'm confused!!  :dget:
shoot = pun, cover of magazine says they are "Three Busketeers". What confuses me is 1) the open instrument case is missing (duh where else does the money go?) and  2) I thought there was a difference between street performers and people who stood on soap boxes... outside of my cultural norm.   The only place I have lived where there were street performers was Chicago and they had to pass auditions and be licensed.

:wingit:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »

Ditto - but they are great photos!

Ray in stripes is a goooood look   :ray:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
britmys
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 03:14:40 PM »

Those WERE confusing, but very interesting.  The Two Busketeers?

:brit:

"There are girls from Narbo to Thebes who cry my name at night"   Titus Pullo

Ooh, and I'm one of them :crush:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 10:11:54 AM »

The Two Busketeers?

Think 'busker' (street performer).  I don't think the US uses that term though. 

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 10:22:08 AM »

Ray the mime?   :panto:

Which reminds me, I used to have a [poorly photoshopped] pic of exactly that.  Can't find it now, probably got lost in The Great Laptop Crash.   :-\

TP icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 10:39:03 AM »

Which reminds me, I used to have a [poorly photoshopped] pic of exactly that.  Can't find it now, probably got lost in The Great Laptop Crash.   :-\

Ooooh! Me likey mime. What's this then:

Labia's fingers are curled down to her palm

Her middle finger slowly rises up

The middle finger stands up proud

Labia jerks her middle finger in the air towards TitusPullo...

Did you guess? Yes, it's a mime of a flag-pole being erected slowly, then the flag being hoisted to the top of the pole... it says "All for One and One for All"   ;D   :clap:   :snog:   :wave:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »

Ahhh. Great Laptop Crash eh? Is that the same one you lost all the email addresses?   ::)

Ahem. Sorry for my sillininniness. I'll stop when I get annoying... ETA 2017   :neen:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »

Did you guess? Yes, it's a mime of a flag-pole being erected slowly, then the flag being hoisted to the top of the pole... it says "All for One and One for All"   ;D   :clap:   :snog:   :wave:

I'm afraid I'll have to answer this one privately.   :censored: 

Yes, that means you'll actually get an EMAIL!  Try to contain your joy.   :faint:

TP icon
bonny

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 07:56:39 PM »

The Two Busketeers?

Think 'busker' (street performer).  I don't think the US uses that term though. 
Ah.  No, I had never heard that term before.  I thought it sounded a bit naughty.  :huh:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »

I'm afraid I'll have to answer this one privately.   :censored: 

Yes, that means you'll actually get an EMAIL!  Try to contain your joy.  :faint:

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!!!  :faint:

*Cough* Wot I meant was :drule: :clap: :rock: :cheer: :cheers: :snog:

Well. I contained my joy at least *dabs ankles dry*  ;D

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 05:57:26 PM »

http://www.craveonline.com/film/articles/176708-billy-bob-thornton-describes-jane-mansfields-car

Billy Bob Thornton Describes 'Jayne Mansfield's Car'
The actor and Oscar-winning screenwriter describes his first directorial effort in 11 years.

By Fred Topel October 24, 2011

Billy Bob Thornton’s breakthrough was the film he also wrote and directed, Sling Blade. Then he got screwed on his next two directing gigs, All the Pretty Horses and Daddy and Them. It took 11 years but he’s just wrapped another film as director. He spoke about the upcoming Jayne Mansfield’s Car while promoting Puss in Boots at a press conference.

“It’s tonally Sling Blade-like. I think there’s probably more humor in it than Sling Blade but it’s once again, very dark humor as usual,” Thornton said. “It takes place in the 1960s and we’re hoping that it will come out sometime in the late spring or fall of next year. We literally just finished it so we’re still working in post production on it.”

Thornton went on to clarify a few more details. “Just so you know, Jayne Mansfield is more of a metaphor for the movie. It’s not about Jayne Mansfield’s death or anything like that. It’s mentioned but that’s not what it’s about. It’s really about how war affects different generations, done in sort of a darkly humorous way. And about the examination of life and death and the fear and fascination with both.”

He’s got quite a cast for the film too. “It stars myself and Robert Duvall, John Hurt, Kevin Bacon, Ray Stevenson and Frances O’Connor. It was a very nice bunch of folks and a great experience. Hopefully I’ll get to come back and talk to you guys about it.”

Thornton provides the voice of Jack, as in Jack and Jill, in the Shrek spin-off Puss in Boots.

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »

http://www.moviefanatic.com/2011/10/puss-in-boots-amy-sedaris-and-billy-bob-thornton-talk-playing-ja/?utm_source=FlickDaily.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=FlickDaily.com

Puss in Boots: Amy Sedaris and Billy Bob Thornton Talk Playing Jack and Jill

...'Movie Fanatic: Do you have something new film-wise coming out?

Billy Bob Thornton: I just finished directing again for the first time in 11 years. It’s a movie called Jayne Mansfield’s Car. It takes place in the 1960s and we’re hoping that it will come out sometime late spring or fall of next year. It’s a movie that stars myself and Robert Duvall, John Hurt, Kevin Bacon, Ray Stevenson and Francis O’Conner. It has been a great experience.

Movie Fanatic: Is it like Sling Blade or All the Pretty Horses in feel?

Billy Bob Thornton: Tonally, it’s Sling Blade like. I think there’s more humor in it than Sling Blade. Once again, it’s dark humor, as usual. Just so you know, Jayne Mansfield is more of a metaphor for the movie. It’s about how war affects different generations. It’s about the examination of life and death and the fascination of those.

wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2011, 07:46:03 PM »

"My Birthday with Billy Bob"

http://universalmusictribe.com/buffalo_zone/?y=2011&m=6

bonny

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2011, 08:24:02 PM »

An Irish accent???  :cool2:  Oh dear.  I hope Ray enjoyed the south.  :clap:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print