Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 06:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: News  (Read 38504 times)
Catelyn

« Reply #75 on: September 13, 2013, 12:32:08 AM »

I found this excerpt from an interview with Billy Bob at http://www.craveonline.com/film/interviews/568857-exclusive-interview-billy-bob-thornton-on-jayne-mansfields-car?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=exclusive-interview-billy-bob-thornton-on-jayne-mansfields-car that talks about why Tippi Hedren's scenes were cut:

I saw that Tippi Hedren was credited online as playing Naomi. Did she have a lot of scenes that were cut out?

There were two scenes. There were actually two scenes. At the end of the day, as usual, there are things that you have to lose and those were two scenes that we could lose and not hurt the movie. And I hated to lose them because they were terrific scenes and she and John [Hurt] were both terrific in them. They were toward the very beginning but finally, in cutting the movie, the place we found we could cut the most and not damage the movie was in the beginning of the movie. And then we had the idea that, "Well, look, who needs to see the British people until they get here? Let's look at it through the point of view of the people in Alabama who are waiting for them." So, we don't see them until Alabama sees them.

We originally even had a phone call, between Ray Stevenson and Duvall, where we cut back and forth on the phone call. We took that out also and just made a decision, since we're gonna have to cut this stuff, what should we do? Well, let's just cut all of it. Because that way, we don't see them until they get to Alabama. There was actually a very funny scene at the little airport that cut out too, but we cut it before we ever shot the movie. We knew it was a big expense and we didn't have a lot of money to make the movie, so we knew it was a big expense for a payoff, only as a standalone scene. In other words, it didn't really service the story that much. But she was terrific.
TigerFlwr

« Reply #76 on: September 13, 2013, 07:43:43 AM »

"Well, look, who needs to see the British people until they get here?

I wonder if Billy ever considered cutting any of his own interminable scenes? In particular the one where he stands shirtless with his mouth moving for at least 20 minutes. I don't know what he was saying since I ff'd it.

Indeed, I was thinking, "Who needs to see that?"
bonny

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2013, 11:21:28 AM »

I wonder if Billy ever considered cutting any of his own interminable scenes? In particular the one where he stands shirtless with his mouth moving for at least 20 minutes. I don't know what he was saying since I ff'd it.

Billy Bob was probably fulfilling a lifelong fantasy, to wank on the big screen.  I could have lived my entire life and not seen it and been perfectly happy. 

Maybe we can adapt the Dexter tee shirt to this, because I've certainly been unable to bleach my brain of the image.  On top of that, I paid 10 bucks to see that thing OnDemand!  I'm vexed.  I'm very, very vexed!   :brutus:
TigerFlwr

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »

Billy Bob was probably fulfilling a lifelong fantasy, to wank on the big screen.  I could have lived my entire life and not seen it and been perfectly happy. 

Can't say I didn't warn you, but I guess it's like with milk- even when you know it's sour, you just GOTTA smell it!

bonny

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2013, 12:40:15 PM »

Can't say I didn't warn you, but I guess it's like with milk- even when you know it's sour, you just GOTTA smell it!
Perfect analogy!   :clap:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2013, 02:05:24 PM »

It was actually rather integral to the plot though. Espesh later when you see him with the medals.

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2013, 02:09:05 PM »

Oh you meant the WANK scene? Yeah, I could have gone my whole life as well, lol. All I remember when I watched that scene (because I'm apparently a masochist) was thinking, 'Wonder how they made the squippy wanky sounds for the soundtrack?' I know, I'm fun to watch movies with.

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2013, 02:57:10 PM »

'Wonder how they made the squippy wanky sounds for the soundtrack?

Just when I had successfully forgotten that. :( Slap slap slap.

Now I don't just want to gouge out my mind's eye, but puncture my eardrums as well.

It was actually rather integral to the plot though.

There was a plot?

This is the best I could do, Bonny. As for the 10$, I'm afraid there's no solution for that. :(

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:27:23 PM by TigerFlwr » Logged
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:40 PM »

It was actually rather integral to the plot though. Espesh later when you see him with the medals.
the medals he jammed into his own skin?How very southern, he made himself his own voodoo doll.

:wingit:
Catelyn

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »

Now I don't just want to gouge out my mind's eye, but puncture my eardrums as well.

There was a plot?

This is the best I could do, Bonny. As for the 10$, I'm afraid there's no solution for that. :(

:lol:
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »

Ok now look at his pic for 5 seconds

There now, isn't that better? Now what were we talking about?

:wingit:
bonny

« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »

Oh.  my. gawd!  :funny: :clap:  :lol:  Brilliant, TigerFlwr!  As for the $10, I think Ray should send me a check.  Billy Bob can reimburse him.  :cool2:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2013, 11:47:35 PM »

There was a plot?

Oh dear.  :lol: *wiping tears of laughter* So very, very wrong. I wonder if Billy Bob's got a fansite? ...  :devilish:

(ETA: He does indeed. Looks a bit dated but it's up to date!)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:55:57 PM by TitusPullo » Logged

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2013, 09:26:38 AM »

Damn you Titus. I clicked that link. Then I clicked another one and got a rousing rendition of "I"ve Got a Crush on You Billy Bob Thornton." :frown:

Wingit, I need another blast from the neuralizer please. Full volume.

As for the $10, I think Ray should send me a check.  Billy Bob can reimburse him.  :cool2:

Never mind the 10$. Ask him for the rest of that deleted hot scene. I'll reimburse you when you pass it on to me. ;D

Catelyn

« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2013, 06:14:15 PM »

Never mind the 10$. Ask him for the rest of that deleted hot scene. I'll reimburse you when you pass it on to me.

I'll go halves with you!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: