Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:37:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thor 2 slated for summer 2013  (Read 4974 times)
bonny

« on: June 30, 2011, 02:01:09 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios, which is in production on the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers, is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. Branagh, who directed the first film and watched it gross $437 million worldwide with a few territories still playing out, will likely be involved in some producing capacity. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday.

Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Disney and Marvel have already slotted the Robert Downey Jr-starrer Iron Man 3 to open May 3, 2013. So figure that Thor 2 will come later in the summer. Developing...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/marvel-and-disney-sets-thor-2-for-summer-2013-kenneth-branagh-wont-return/
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 03:48:54 PM »

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/03/week-in-spandex-dark-knight-rises.html

"...Elsewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, some cast and crew announcements have emerged for next year's sequel, Thor 2. Confirmed as returning alongside Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman (Jane Foster) and Tom Hiddleston (Loki) are Stellan Skarsgard (Erik Selvig), Idris Elba (Heimdall), Ray Stevenson (Volstagg), Tadanobu Asano (Hogun), Jaimie Alexander (Sif) and Joshua Dallas (Fandral), Rene Russo (Frigga) and Anthony Hopkins (Odin), while Thor director Kenneth Branagh will produce alongside Kevin Fiege and Stan Lee, having handed over the reins to the sequel to Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Alan Taylor (Game of Thrones)..."

:wingit:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 06:17:01 PM »

EXCLUSIVE: Marvel Studios, which is in production on the Joss Whedon-directed The Avengers, is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. Branagh, who directed the first film and watched it gross $437 million worldwide with a few territories still playing out, will likely be involved in some producing capacity. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday.

Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Disney and Marvel have already slotted the Robert Downey Jr-starrer Iron Man 3 to open May 3, 2013. So figure that Thor 2 will come later in the summer. Developing...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/marvel-and-disney-sets-thor-2-for-summer-2013-kenneth-branagh-wont-return/

Branagh has been doing some great art house type stuff lately and that is mainly all I have been watching...great little underrated films for the most part but they find an audience anyway..small budget so no big return is needed. He also has Wallendar he is filming. My week with Marilyn with him as Laurence Olivier was pretty good; I enjoyed it.

Mob1 icon
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 02:38:15 AM »

I've just been catching up on some movie news and have read about the new Avengers movie (note this is called Marvel's Avengers Assemble here in the UK.. so as not to confuse with the TV Series The Avengers... John Steed and Emma Peel etc...). It's already grossed over $250m and thus hugely, hugely popular. This cannot be bad at all for Thor 2 to follow, neh? Ray SteVenson's involvement makes it all the more attractive  :cheer2:

I probably won't see this film for another year or so as I like to try to see things in chronological order and I've only just recorded Iron Man (luurrrve Robert Downey Junior :crush:). But if Marvel films are that popular, I really do need to check out why for meself I guess. I really liked Thor and now need to see it again to really appreciate it.

Oh and Chris Hemsworth  :drule:  and his brother Liam  :drule:  Bloody hell. Incredibly good looking lads. The Aussie accents complete the attraction for me indeedy. They haven't got Ray's manly, mature charm though  :ray:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
bonny

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2012, 10:14:01 AM »

Mads Mikklesen (Rochefort in The Three Musketeers) signed to play one of the baddies on Thor 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mads-mikkelsen-thor-2-villain-329339

He's incredibly scrumptious.  Have any of you seen him in Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky:squirm: He's wunnnnnderful.
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 06:49:43 PM »

Mads Mikklesen (Rochefort in The Three Musketeers) signed to play one of the baddies on Thor 2

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/mads-mikkelsen-thor-2-villain-329339

He's incredibly scrumptious.  Have any of you seen him in Coco Chanel and Igor Stravinsky:squirm: He's wunnnnnderful.

Yes, I saw it and he is indeed scrumptulicioius in that role with the lovely clothes and settings. I saw something he was in not too long ago,  might have been Danish and he was really handsome. Haven't seen Thor yet; I am so backlogged on movies to see. I don't like him as the villain as much as the love interest. There have been some much better arty films out lately...never would have called them arty, but since comic book hero's and animated films are the norm, I guess they are true cinematic art.

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 09:55:53 PM »

Blimey, Mads gets around.  He was Tristan in "King Arthur" as well.  (6 Degrees of Ray)

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 03:06:45 PM »

I read this evening here in Blighty that Marvel Studios have announced bringing a host of heroes to our screens next year... (hopefully including OUR own beloved hero as Volstagg once again)  :ray:

Seems their second Thor movie will be called 'Thor: The Dark World' and is scheduled for release in November 2013.

I enjoyed Thor much, much more than I thought I would, so will look forward to seeing it in due course  :clap:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
bonny

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 04:47:41 PM »

I read this evening here in Blighty that Marvel Studios have announced bringing a host of heroes to our screens next year... (hopefully including OUR own beloved hero as Volstagg once again)  :ray:

Seems their second Thor movie will be called 'Thor: The Dark World' and is scheduled for release in November 2013.

I enjoyed Thor much, much more than I thought I would, so will look forward to seeing it in due course  :clap:

Good news, Labia! 

Another interesting factoid about Thor: The Dark World is that Alan Taylor will be directing.  Taylor also directed two episodes of HBO's Rome, "Kalends of February" and "Triumph."

Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 05:38:11 AM »

Good news, Labia! 

Another interesting factoid about Thor: The Dark World is that Alan Taylor will be directing.  Taylor also directed two episodes of HBO's Rome, "Kalends of February" and "Triumph."

Oooh, bonny. How er... incestuous!  ;D

Small world, innit!

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

LabOfJulii icon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: