Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 10:23:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ray in a rom com  (Read 11146 times)
sparkle13

« on: November 04, 2012, 02:51:14 PM »

Ladies- picture this -tiitles -jaunty music- and a whole film with ray and some woman dont really care who-where he isnt murdering people,guns blazing,zombie nazis doing horrible things to people ,loads of fight scenes with peoples heads squashed in,shot off blown off etcc etc
thiis film can be present day or period-we like him dressed up as well as in modern dress-and there would be lots of dialogue with ray actually speaking whole sentences and smiling in that way he has.
in the middle of said film there would be misunderstandings and even cause for him to be sad with puppydog eyes

there would even be kissing and cuddling and dating and depending on the rating other things we dont mention but probably think about a lot of the time in quiet moments nuff said

at the end we could even have a wedding scene fancy that with no blood or guts or gore just confetti and more smiles and kisses

who else wants this film to be made so bad they could die?

(at least in Dexter he will get some dialogue)

(thought of something we want even more-a very long running tv series with ray as the star-maybe something like castle or x files at lest ten series long-and this time it will be made in the uk and shown here first with catchups and reruns all week long)

please Ray we are begging you- you dont have to juust workout for action films-also ones where you may have to be seen coming out of the sea a la daniel craig.

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »

Ladies- picture this -tiitles -jaunty music- and a whole film with ray and some woman dont really care who-where he isnt murdering people,guns blazing,zombie nazis doing horrible things to people ,loads of fight scenes with peoples heads squashed in,shot off blown off etcc etc
thiis film can be present day or period-we like him dressed up as well as in modern dress-and there would be lots of dialogue with ray actually speaking whole sentences and smiling in that way he has.
in the middle of said film there would be misunderstandings and even cause for him to be sad with puppydog eyes

there would even be kissing and cuddling and dating and depending on the rating other things we dont mention but probably think about a lot of the time in quiet moments nuff said

at the end we could even have a wedding scene fancy that with no blood or guts or gore just confetti and more smiles and kisses

who else wants this film to be made so bad they could die?

(at least in Dexter he will get some dialogue)

(thought of something we want even more-a very long running tv series with ray as the star-maybe something like castle or x files at lest ten series long-and this time it will be made in the uk and shown here first with catchups and reruns all week long)

please Ray we are begging you- you dont have to juust workout for action films-also ones where you may have to be seen coming out of the sea a la daniel craig.

Ray is so much more than a big brute.  :huh2: :plot: :shy: He is good-looking, sexy, strong, tall, with beautiful eyes, hands, feet ( :D), hair, voice ... He is TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He is very expressive!!! I hope this role on Dexter makes more people realize that!

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
sparkle13

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:13:34 PM »

Ive got a good feeling about some sort of Rom with possibly some Com.

Dexters got everyone in a frenzy

Think himself would welcome doing gym work just so he looks good in bedroom scenes,and not because hes got yet another fight scene.
Having said that,it could have some action in it,but ideally not with peoples eyeballs falling out .

Why can the powers that be not see,than  the actor who showed such versatility in Rome,who can play humour ,and tragedy and bromance,and savagery all in the same scene,would be perfect to play a lead in a film or tv series.

Ive still got a good feeling-slow burn to bonfire and now is the time.what do you say?
bonny

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:44:04 PM »

I say you're right!  And I predicted an Emmy nod, too, but that may be a bit far-fetched. :P
sparkle13

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 05:13:40 PM »

If he makes a Rom,who would we like to be the romantic interest?

Funny this one,try to picture different actresses with him,and I think you will find you don't want to pick one.OK If you want a Rom hes got to have an actress Maybe Sandra Bullock because shes girl next door.Don't think we want drop dead gorgeous.That wouldn't be possible to relate to(unless you are) What do you think? what about J-Lo or Kate Hudson-love her in How to lose a guy in 10 days.
bonny

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 09:17:37 PM »

Hmm.  I never even thought of this!  I can't say offhand there are any actresses worthy enough to be in a Rom with His Lordship!  J-Lo is the absolute worst idea!  In fact, I can't think of many American actresses I'd choose.

I think it would have to be a really fine actress.  The ones I can think of are either too old or too young.  But, this is a fun game!  How about these:

Michelle Dockery
Juliette Binoche
Marion Cotillard
Nicole Kidman
Laura Linney
Cate Blanchett
Kate Winslet
Clair Danes (American)
Gong Li!!!  I could really see this!
Charlize Theron
Rachel Weisz
Halle Berry
Eva Green

If he played Prof. Humbert in a re-make of Lolita, you could pair him with a very young actress, like that girl who played Livia in Rome.  I forgot her name.  He'd probably like that!  Otherwise, I'm thinking no one in her twenties.  Whomever plays with Ray needs a certain amount of gravitas.  Otherwise it would be too ridiculous.

However, if you want to go the ridiculous route, really get into the creep factor, I'd go with:
Romala Gerai
Rooney Mara
Scarlett Johansson
Mia Wasikowska
Michelle Williams
Juno Temple
Jennifer Lawrence (creepily too young, but she's such an interesting actress)

Note that Natalie Portman is not on a list.  She may be a good actress, but I've NEVER seen her have any chemistry with any leading man.  I can't explain that.  It just is.  Not quite the same thing with Keira Knightly, but almost.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 09:22:36 PM by bonny » Logged
bonny

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:36:50 PM »

Actually, I just thought of the very thing for Ray!  Unfortunately Johnny Depp owns it, but he hasn't decided if he will play it or not. 

How about Ray as Nick Charles of Nick and Nora Charles fame from The Thin Man movies?

If you haven't seen these classic films from the 1930s and 40s starring William Powell and Myrna Loy as Nick and Nora Charles, I highly recommend them.

Edited to add this bit of silliness (Nick and Nora are detectives, in case you wondered, but from the slightly dissipated, somewhat sodden, upper classes).  Of course, a re-make will be thoroughly modern.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3NZjRv2nM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG3NZjRv2nM</a>
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 10:38:01 PM by bonny » Logged
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 02:32:59 PM »

Quite the drool-worthy list there, bonny.   :drool: 

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
bonny

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 02:44:12 PM »

Quite the drool-worthy list there, bonny.   :drool: 
Get your sticky paws off that list, Titus.  Those women are for RAY :lips: who is a gentleman and would never be so crass as to drool. :neen:
sparkle13

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 04:30:40 PM »

Thought of some possible co stars   Julia Ormond ,Kirsten Scott-Thomas, Kate Winslett, Kate Hudson,Angelina Jolie,in an actionn Romance , Rachel Weiss,Jennifer Garner(action-rom) Emma Thompson, Billie Piper,Milla (loved her in the fifth element) Sandra Bullock, jessica Elba ,Samantha Morton

would also like to see him make a buddy film with Jonny Depp,karl Urban(Dredd) richard Armitage, Hugh Jackman,Will Smith,Keifer Sutherland,Val Kilmer,Daniel Craig,Mark Strong,David Tennant,Sean Bean,jason Issacs,Dominic West,Kenny Brannagh,Michae lFassbender ,
james purfoy,Steven Tomkinson. Robert Downey jnr, Edward Norton,Chris Hemsworth,Chris Eccleston,VanDeisel ,Bruce Willis, Gerard Butler   oooooooooh
thats the one I would really like to see-can you imagine a film with both Ray and Gerry in a funny,action rom type thing- like this means war only much much better. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
sparkle13

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »

What about Damian Lewis(homeland) and Ray in a Bromance Buddy series.Serious and funny in turns.Maybe some  sort of secret agents,or super heros.Damian has a really funny side to him and of course we know Ray can do comedy.Nothing too obvious,very clever stuff.would e great.Why not historical,both look good in period garb. :lol: :lol:
sparkle13

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »

Thought of some other bromance combos   what about Tom Hardy   Jason St atham   They could do action comedy and have a charm about them. What about a modern Three Musketeers with all three.+

i would like to see him do something like Firefly/Serenity but more lighthearted.He could go from planet to planet rescuing damsels,righting wrongs,sorting out the bad guys and all with sardonic quips and brief love affairs.But please not graphic violence and definitely no zombie/flesheating gore splattering of any sort.Lots of clever dialogues and a very occasional poignant moment,but not too sad.And he doesn't get killed before the end-very important :giggly: :cloud9: :director: :neen: :cheer:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 07:32:58 PM »

Actually, Ray did a dramedy series in UK called "At Home with the Braithwaites" as Graham Braithwaite for 2 seasons where he did play a romance interest and was quite funny. Not the kind of role WE want to see him in..he was the butt of some jokes on there. Really didn't showcase his talent like Rome and Pullo did..his best role so far imo. I don't want to see him with any one like Milo Jovovich or Jessica Alba..they are not worthy to stand in His Lordships shadow, I don't care how pretty and sexy people think they are..he needs an equal to shine a light on him.

I love the Emma Thompson idea, Sparkle...but my fave lately is Laura Linney who does some great comedy and serious roles, too. I think she has just opened in "Hyde Park on Hudson" in fact, a semi comedy I think...not seen it yet. She also does the black comedy on Showtime (new season coming) about a woman with cancer and what she goes through but she has a dark wit and funny as all get out. She should have been a Brit and actually is the host of Masterpiece Classic on PBS for their British period productions. She is age appropriate and I can see them throwing barbs at each other.  :crush:

Laura and Ray would be great together but she doesn't draw the young crowd...but hey, we need love too. Look at Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton, or Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin in adult rom coms. Laura is attractive and sexy like a younger Helen Mirrin who also would do great in a May-December romance with Ray.

HMMMMM...along those lines, maybe even Maggie Smith   :lol: :lol: :lol: Let's get him in Downton Abbey as a gigolo who seduces Maggie. I can see it now, or even Shirley McClaine who is also a force to be reckoned with.  I doubt Ray would really want THAT kind of rom com role but I would pay big bucks to see it.  :cheer2:

Anyone ever see "Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont" with the great Lady Joan Plowright whom I adore? A tender, warm inspiring story about an elderly wpman whose family kind of abandons her and a handsome young man who befriends her and they have adventures together. A perfect type of film to win awards and it was nominated. Ray is too old to play the young 20 something guy; I could write something like it for him..haha.

My final choice is ME (conceited I know) where Ray befriends me and carries me in and out of a wheelchair and then comes to a hospital and sweeps me out of the room (a la Pretty Woman) and carries me off to church to marry me before I die in his arms. AWWWW  Then you see him selling off my house and clearing out my bank accounts,etc. Now that would be a dark comedy for sure, but rip roaring fun. Shades of An Affair to Remember with a twisted ending. My sides are aching now from laughing and my dog is looking at me weirdly so I better quit now.

I don't want no young chickie with His Lordship..I want him to have an equal like Gaia was in Rome.  Who really cares what the fanboys want anyway?

I forgot the bromance idea brought up.....My first choice would be Kevin McKidd in a Rome movie...lol.  Since that doesn't look possible I'd say Robert Downey Jr from his old days, Ewan McGregor or Colin Farrel..a brute like Ray. That Viktor guy in Dexter just wasn't believable to me.  Maybe Alec Baldwin even or Rupert Evertt, a true gay man, would work if he is still as funny as he used to be. Many gay films have a dark serious side so this one is hard to pick. I'll keep on thinking about it.

Mob1 icon
sparkle13

« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 06:09:36 PM »

i was thinking more of a double act,starsky and hutch type thing but what about a magnificent seven series,where they go and help people somehow.they could be all fellas or some cool girls.The thread would be their friendships squabbles etc with each other.Hes good at being cheeky realistic and all emapathic and caring the next,There could be action in it but not gibblets out please.Could we keep everyone alive especially rays character.fed up with him being dead by the time the credits roll.
bonny

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 08:21:04 PM »

"fed up with him being dead by the time the credits roll."

Amen to that!  Who IS he?  Sean Bean's long-lost brother?  Does the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School have special classes in dying?  I'll admit he does it very well but, still, enough already!

I can see why you'd like to see him in a buddy film, Sparkle, but hasn't he already done the very best of the best with the Pullo/Vorenus bromance?  I can't imagine it gets any better than that.  Although he and Michael C. Hall had great bromance chemistry, so I'd be happy with one of those.  Anyway, these are my lists.

Films already made but serve as examples:

~Atonement
~Tom Cruise's role in The Last Samurai. 
~He would have been great as Robert McCall in The Equalizer.  Too bad Denzel has that one. 

Projects in development where there may actually be a chance:

~HBO is doing a re-make of I, Claudius.  Something in THAT would be great!
~Fifty Shades of Grey :faint:
~His Lordship and Ridley Scott have the same agent...should make it easier to put something together there.
~Cleopatra...Angelina Jolie is starring.  Can you imagine Ray as Caesar?  I can!  Move over, Rex Harrison!
~Untitled Julius Caesar Project...series about Caesar's younger years. He'd be a smashing Marius or Sulla.
~The Guns of August...a tv series in development about the first months of WWI
~And what happened to The Anatomist?  Likely financing fell through.  THAT would have been brilliant!  :drule: :cool2:

Anyway, there are TONS of things he'd be great in.  Okay, I've had enough fantasy for a while!  He'll probably get something I never heard of.  :think:

« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:30:20 PM by bonny » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: