Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 07:03:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: ray in a rom com  (Read 11121 times)
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 09:49:31 PM »

EEEP not The Last Samurai... I never saw the actual film but was sitting in the audience for another movie when the trailer for it ran and the audience roared with laughter. I though it was supposed to be a comedy for the longest time.

:wingit:
bonny

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 11:18:52 PM »

EEEP not The Last Samurai... I never saw the actual film but was sitting in the audience for another movie when the trailer for it ran and the audience roared with laughter. I though it was supposed to be a comedy for the longest time.
Well, it was very good!  It's one of those films I actually bought (don't buy too many) and have watched several times.
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 11:30:23 PM »

Perhaps they were confused cos comedian Billy Connolly was in it.  ;)

Damn, I remember Billy going on about a certain scene involving food years ago, but now I can't recall what he said.... 

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
bonny

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 11:33:45 PM »

I just had a thought about a couple of other roles, and these are quite serious.  I read this on Deadline last month:

EXCLUSIVE: Mythology Entertainment partners Bradley Fischer, James Vanderbilt and Laeta Kalogridis have secured rights to turn the non-fiction book The Nazi And The Psychiatrist into a feature film and a play. The book, written by Jack El-Hai and slated for publication by PublicAffairs Books, explores the complex relationship between American psychiatrist Dr. Douglas M. Kelley and Nazi war criminal and Hitler’s right-hand man Hermann Goering. The book is the first to access Kelley’s personal and professional papers from the Nuremberg Trial years, which the shrink’s family had hidden away for years. Mythology’s Fischer, Vanderbilt and Kalogridis will produce both the film and stage versions.

Surrounded by the postwar ruins of the Third Reich, 22 top Nazi prisoners awaited trial at the 1945-46 International Military Tribunal in Nuremberg, Germany. Kelley, who studied the essence of evil and the anatomy of the Nazi personality, was among the few people allowed regular contact with the prisoners. There, he developed a complex and close relationship with Goering, a clever and manipulative prisoner who was the highest-ranking Nazi in Allied hands. As the psychiatrist tested and interviewed Goering and the other prisoners, he reached conclusions that shook his assumptions and sowed the seeds of his own downfall.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/11/mythology-entertainment-acquires-the-nazi-and-the-psychiatrist/#more-379259

Both these roles, Goering and the psychiatrist, can only be played by very fine actors.  Brits, likely, because they're simply the best.  I could see Ray Stevenson in either role but, for some bizarre reason, I've thought before that he could play a Nazi really well.  Seeing him as Isaak (in Isaak's more murderous moments) convinced me this was true.

Moreover, look at this:

I wonder if Ray has a German accent in his repertoire?   This role would be exceedingly demanding but, if played well, it's the sort of role that has Oscar nomination all over it.

Of course Goering dies in the end, so that little problem of ours won't be solved, but MY GOD!  What a role!!!  
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 11:08:06 AM by bonny » Logged
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 11:38:18 PM »

Could we keep everyone alive especially rays character.fed up with him being dead by the time the credits roll.

There must be something in the water, eh? Sean Bean & Ray Stevenson could start a club, perhaps the League of Perpetually-Dying British Gentlemen. (See the Sean Bean Death Reel on Youtube for many fine Sean 'deaths'.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGR1-Wgo1M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sGR1-Wgo1M</a>

TP icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 12:57:03 AM »

Perhaps they were confused cos comedian Billy Connolly was in it.  ;)

Damn, I remember Billy going on about a certain scene involving food years ago, but now I can't recall what he said.... 
Did it have the phrase "last chicken" in it?

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 01:36:19 AM »

Did it have the phrase "last chicken" in it?

Haha! No, it wasn't the Last Chicken at Sainsburys.  :D

TP icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »

I just had a thought about a couple of other roles, and these are quite serious.  I read this on Deadline last month:

EXCLUSIVE: Mythology Entertainment partners Bradley Fischer, James Vanderbilt and Laeta Kalogridis have secured rights to turn the non-fiction
 yada yada
Of course Goering dies in the end, so that little problem of ours won't be solved, but MY GOD!  What a role!!!  

YIPES how did a thread about rom-coms end up on this topic.  Read up on the real Dr. Kelley and he was very young at the time of the post WW2 trials and he was also form California, so Ray would not be well cast in that role.

sparkle13

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 01:48:16 PM »

What about a tv series about a lone man ranging the earth righting wrongs for a mystical reason only hinted at ever

It could be "Crusader" obviously set in the Crusades He could be a Knights Templar They have all sorts of funny myths surrounding them.Lots of sword fighting but also intrigue and involvements with the rescued ladies and pathos and humour

Tv Series of Hugh Jackmans "Van Helsing" Hes supposed to be Gabriel and immortal so the time period could be different every episode.With this one he would be fighting Evil in many forms,but the sad good hero would be lovely for him,he would also have a comedy sidekick.The monsters wouldn't stand a chance.

A new tv series of a brilliant story-"the Scarlet Pimpernel" Cant you just imagine him flouncing about being Sir Percy the fop and being a true hero underneath rescuing Ariosto's from the chop.Then theres the lovely twist of the wife who  love/hates him without knowing what her husband really is.theres sword fights and sneaking about in disguises with his band,and a true classic love affair  :swoon: :swoon:

bonny

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 02:27:47 PM »

"A new tv series of a brilliant story-"the Scarlet Pimpernel" Cant you just imagine him flouncing about being Sir Percy the fop and being a true hero underneath rescuing Ariosto's from the chop.Then theres the lovely twist of the wife who  love/hates him without knowing what her husband really is.theres sword fights and sneaking about in disguises with his band,and a true classic love affair"

I love that idea!  And what about a tv series based on the old The Thin Man movies?  He does comedy so well, that would seem a natural.  He can be suave AND funny!
sparkle13

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 04:58:29 PM »

there hasn't been a man woman combo  really.there was a brit series called dempsey and makepeace forever ago,McMillan and wife showing my age now,hart to hart,steed and Mrs peel,saphire and steel,

castle and bones are both man/woman combos based on will they wont they moonlighting was an early one of those.dark angel.

sometimes theres a bad/good crossover like batman and catwoman best seen in batman returns "Mistletoe is deadly if you eat it,and a kiss can be deadly if you mean it"-great line ooo and i like him in leather but rubber would do.He would be fantastic turning a female baddy good.obviously not bat and cat.new not invented ones,maybe in space,or werecats,or aliens with compatable parking if you get my drift

looking at this would say the married sleuths are due to make a comeback
bonny

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 08:31:20 PM »

Most of the rom-coms of recent years have bored me to death.  I long for re-makes of some of the Tracy/Hepburn films; Desk Set, Woman of the Year, Adam's Rib.  Hepburn was also great with Cary Grant in Bringing Up Baby (Baby was a leopard) and The Philadelphia Story. They had some REALLY good screenwriters in those days.

Also, re-makes of anything that Grant, Bogart and Gable made, Ray would be great in. :lips:

Can you imagine a re-make of An Affair to Remember or To Catch a Thief with Ray??? :faint: OMG
redshift

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 11:39:37 AM »

Noooo, not a rom-com! I don't want to see Ray in a rom-com. Mind you  I don't want to see anyone in a flippin' rom-com. I sometimes think Hollywood keeps making rom-coms just to give everyone a job. There must be a text book somewhere  ''How To Make A Romcom In 12 Easy Steps''. Same formula, just shuffle the actors around.             

:redshift:
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »

Noooo, not a rom-com! I don't want to see Ray in a rom-com. Mind you  I don't want to see anyone in a flippin' rom-com. I sometimes think Hollywood keeps making rom-coms just to give everyone a job. There must be a text book somewhere  ''How To Make A Romcom In 12 Easy Steps''. Same formula, just shuffle the actors around.             

I agree Red, the newer ones are just the same old junk over and over, but some older ones were very enjoyable as Bonny and Sparkle suggested. I loved Four Weddings and a Funeral and Love Actually though they were vignettes.

I wanna see something along those old ones lines where the woman was smart witty and a great match for Ray...he did have some great funny moments in Rome and seeing him like that again would be great...hey yeah..how about an old Roman rom com..now that would be a truly unique kind of film. Bring Pullo together with Atia and watch the fireworks shoot off...I am just dreaming.

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2012, 01:27:50 PM »

How To Make A Romcom in 5 Easy Steps

1. Opening montage: Actress B breaks up with Boyfriend and generally has a crap day/week/month/year.
2. Inciting Incident / 1st plot point: Actress B is bumbling about when she meets Actor A, sparks fly!
3. Midpoint: Insert Actor A into Actress B.
4. 2nd plot point: Insert indecision and misunderstanding.
5. Conclusion: Resolve indecision and misunderstanding so Actor A and Actress B live happily ever after.

TP icon
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: