Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 12:59:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best comments about Isaak/Ray on IMDb  (Read 2116 times)
bonny

« on: November 19, 2012, 05:04:32 PM »

I should have started this a long time ago.  As I find them, I'll record them here.  Feel free to contribute!

I'll start with these, coz they're recent;

Isaak brought Sexy Back, then bitch-slapped it and made it his own.

He might very well be the best [villain of the series]. I think he's the most complex, if nothing else.

And absolutely, Stevenson is killing it in the role. Previously, he was just an ordinary HITG (Hey, It's That Guy!) for me, but I'll look for him now.

Isaak is the very first villain with a heart, it's so refreshing, plus Ray Stevenson's acting is absolutely awesome, I wish he could survive to the last season.

Great villain indeed and Ray Stevenson has been brilliant. :yes:

A lot of Dexter villains may be very well acted, but they're pretty one dimensional. Isaak isn't, and that helps set him apart from the rest.

Also, I like how you can tell by looking at him he is full of anger and ready to murder anyone at a drop of pin, but still also acts very calm and in control of his emotions. Ray Stevenson really plays the character very well. It's like someone whose seen far to much violence in their life, but it's just who he is and nothing is going to change it.

I love the character and Ray Stevenson is brilliant in his portrayal of him. Issack might be the most dangerous of all of the big bads because he isn't crazy. He is very logical. ITK is still my favorite, but Issack might replace him as my favorite.

I don't know how I can rank him, but he's definitely reached the pinnacle of ITK and Trinity status, IMO. Ray's been nailing it this season.

... he's so sympathetic that i don't think i'm going to enjoy watching dexter kill him. his reflective, sorrowful side is very compelling. he may become less likeable if he starts killing dexter's family members or hannah because ultimately it's dexter that i root for, but ray stevenson has accomplished what none of the other villains managed to do - he has somehow made me feel for him. i wish he would have accepted dexter's olive branch - 'we don't have to do this'. i'm pretty sure i'll be sad to see him on dexter's table and that's a first.

Applause!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even care for Dexter any more, it's Isaak's show.

God... the entire bar scene with Dex, I just wanted to hug Isaak, my poor baby... So sad... LOL

I wanted to do...other...things to him.

Everybody is talking about that bar scene, but I also really enjoyed the scene in the apartment with the police and the dead body. Isaak was just perfect, so smug, I loved it

The chemistry between those two [Isaak and Dexter] is great. Which is ironic because tonight's episode was supposed to be about the chemistry between Dexter and Hannah

Agreed. You can sense a level of respect they have for each other, which is an interesting dynamic. They're both planning to kill each other and its a matter of who gets who first.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 05:22:28 PM by bonny » Logged
bonny

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 07:50:20 PM »

More comments...the number of people who want Dexter to become Isaak is pretty astounding!

I love Ray Stevenson's character, Isaak, so much I hope they keep him in the series some way (great actor). Dexter really needs a best friend, too. I don't hate him like Dexter's usual villains. I'll be sad if he dies.

I am seriously rooting for Isaak over Dexter.

I love- the character! Great villain, I think the fact that he did have someone he loved, and that he is intelligent, make him sympathetic as well though. I kind of hope that he lives, maybe, 'rides off into the sunset', so to speak.

Isaak is perfect!

Isaak broke my heart in that bar scene.

The scene where Dexter and Isaak converse in the bar in 'Argentina', is the best television I've seen this year.

His character has so much bad assery its insane. He play's his character so well, he was a great choice for the role.

I agree completely. His conversations with Dexter are some of the best in the series! Complete bad ass! :)

The Dexter board is FULL of Isaak appreciation threads. There's probably more Isaak threads than anything else on that board right now. Isaak Sirko is awesome and sexy as hell!

He is awesome, may be my favorite villain on Dexter since season 4!

Isaak is badass; in fact I'd like to see him almost kill Dexter or someone close to him. Oh my God, did I just say that?

I agree. I think he is the most intimidating villain the show has ever had.

His features allow him to play a bad guy PERFECTLY, ESPECIALLY his deadpan stare (in the jail scenes), his eyes/gaze make him very intimidating

Finally some talk about Isaak on here. This is my first time seeing Stevenson on screen(and knowing it's him). The guy is awesome and after the terrible writing in the last season of Dexter (the ending especially) he is my only reason to keep watching Dexter.

He's been great in every episode, even the lessor ones!  Very subtle acting from Ray, and what's so impressive about it, is that you dislike him, because he's a ruthless murderer, but you also kind of like him too, and could probably have a quick chat or drink with him!  That's hard to accomplish for an actor, to make you hate and like him at the same time!  Good casting!

He's amazing. He's becoming quite a fashion icon too in my eyes. The voice, charisma,class and sensetivity make him a unique villain in the Dexter series.

The number one reason [people love Isaak] is the fabulous manner in which he's portrayed by Ray Stevenson.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 05:54:55 PM by bonny » Logged
bonny

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 09:25:40 PM »

More love for Isaak/Ray:

I hope not [that he dies], Isaak is incredible.

Koshka [Brotherhood] can go f itself but let's keep Isaac around as dexters bff

This one is funny.  I ran across it on the Greyskull board.  The poster is Norse Sage, who lives in Oslo, a major Punisher fan and great fan of Ray's:
Ray Stevenson is all kinds of awesome, and any movie will automatically be better by him being in it. This is a scientific proven fact.
bonny

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 11:01:10 PM »

I've never seen anything like this before.  There's an entire thread on IMDb, the Dexter board, started by a guy and it's called "Be honest guys, do you find Isaak an atrractive, handsome and pretty?"  And all these guys are answering, YES!  And they swear they're NOT gay!

You have to understand how homophobic American men are to know how truly amazing this is!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: