Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 03:13:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Kiss with Redridge (The Book Of Eli)  (Read 6521 times)
sparkle13

« on: December 11, 2012, 03:39:29 PM »

Don't read this unless you've seen the film contains spoilers -Not real man (Ray Stevenson)Just fantasising over the characters

This carries on directly after the film ends.No changes to the original story.

Solara heads of down the road alone back to her town ,Eli's music her only companion.She encounters groups of bandits and marauders ,but finds her fighting skills strangely enhanced,and she leaves them all behind her.As she approaches the town,she is shocked at the change.Instead of the dictatorship it had been,now the children run out to meet her in the street unafraid.People are clearing up and reorganising the water supply.A few of the women smile and wave and then return to their work.She is overwhelmed by a feeling she is not in danger as she walks into the bar.She jumps when arms encircle her and her mother is there crying and stroking her hair."You just wont believe whats happened" she whispers "who was he? What was he?

Her mother grabs her hand and drags her up the curved staircase.She recoils in horror when she sees who is sitting behind the desk in the bosses chair."Redridge!" she breathes,and her legs buckle beneath her.The vision of the last time she saw him, dragging the massive knife out of his chest and kneeling to die in the sand with his face turned to the burning sun,his goggles removed.flashing across her vision.Struggling to breathe,she drops onto all fours,but large hands cup her face,and turn it upwards. Redridge is towering over her,but the expression on his face is one she has never seen him wear .Compassion? Love? In the past his lustful glances made her terrified,but now...
"Its O.K., don't be frightened I wont hurt you, I promise" His hands move to arms to help her to her feet. She glances to her mother who is smiling in away she has never seen before.Her attention then is drawn to the braille Bible open on the desk.
Redridge smiles at her and gestures to her to sit in the big chair.
"I didn't mind dying.I knew it would be fine since I saw Eli. He had something.."his voice trailed off "but i woke up in the sand and the wound was closing and i heard a Voice .It said i had to come back here and run the town,but not like him,never like him.He said the Book would help us and Claudia would show me how to read it.I somehow knew you would come back to us,in time."He sits on the edge of the table,his legs almost touching hers."When I got back here,most of his men had killed each other or left.I had to deal with afew but I found I could fight like Eli did,with a sword.When it was all over the ordinary people came out of hiding and some more have arrived.The find Peace here." He leans into her and she pushes back in the chair.He looks saddened.I will prove to you Ive changed Please give me a chance." She looks into his face and although she cannot see his eyes she can tell she is looking at the same kind of man that Eli was.The same kind of person she is becoming.Abruptly she stands up between his legs and flings her arms around his neck.She pulls his goggles off,and kisses him ,with the knowledge they be together until they stand with Eli.The new love they find coursing through their veins will overflow to all the people of The Town and eventually beyond.But for now her mother leaves them alone,and they stand in the warmth of their love .It is only as the kiss ends and she looks at him again she notices his sightless eyes. :lips: :lips: :lips: 

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 02:53:18 PM by sparkle13 » Logged
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 05:06:54 PM »

Awww, how lovely. Creative as well.

Was anyone else confused by the whole shoot out at the old couples house? (Best scene in the film, btw) One minute Redridge is firing everything they've got at that house and turning it to mince, but when Solara miraculously emerges alive from the carnage and is suddenly threatened by Carnegie, Redridge is all 'nooo!'  Wtf?  :D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

All for one, and one for all!!

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:14:05 PM »

Awww, how lovely. Creative as well.

Was anyone else confused by the whole shoot out at the old couples house? (Best scene in the film, btw) One minute Redridge is firing everything they've got at that house and turning it to mince, but when Solara miraculously emerges alive from the carnage and is suddenly threatened by Carnegie, Redridge is all 'nooo!'  Wtf?  :D

hahaha Hi Sweetie Titus, you are right about that one and I didn't even notice but so many people spot that stuff immediately. In the old days, no one ever cared or didn't say anything about it cause movies weren't as realistic as they are now. I get caught up in the story and suspend disbelief so I don't get distracted cuz my attention span is as big as pinkie toenail and that's about it.  :hmm:

The one that really stood out for me was The Punisher hanging from the chandelier shooting as he spun round and round (I think that was Jelf Wolfe up there as stuntman). Unbelievable for sure. I'll see if I can catch that scene in Book of Eli next time...I really did like that film and Ray did a spot on job with his part... :lips:

Mob1 icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:36 PM »

@Sparkle, a little sage advice from a fellow RayVer from way back when:

Very creative story indeed, Sparkle....A true story: Back when Rome was on HBO their boards were not policed well and some would write stories like this on their boards and then they cracked down on it deleting them.

Lotis (the admin here) has made it clear that this is a PG rated site though we have strayed from that a lot over the years being careful about what we say. It is her right, of course, so I am just saying..please be careful what you say in your creative writing so you don't wake the sleeping admin and she might ban you or just delete all your writings.

Sorry about being the bearer of such news, but you should know the board unwritten etiquette of our admin instead of finding out the hard way.

PS: Anyone know what happened to the old ones? There is a HBO archive someone created isn't there? I wouldn't mind reading those old HBO posts again for a laugh... :lol: I was afraid to keep a copy on my hard drive in case someone saw them.

Mob1 icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »

The one that really stood out for me was The Punisher hanging from the chandelier shooting as he spun round and round (I think that was Jelf Wolfe up there as stuntman). Unbelievable for sure. I'll see if I can catch that scene in Book of Eli next time...I really did like that film and Ray did a spot on job with his part... :lips:

I didn't particularly like that scene either, didn't seem realistic for a stealthy ex-soldier even giving room for film's creative licence. But the shot that really took me out of the film was Frank Castle walking about in public, albeit at night, on the city streets with his skull vest and guns in full view. He should have at least been wearing a trenchcoat, right ?!

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 01:46:36 PM »

PS: Anyone know what happened to the old ones? There is a HBO archive someone created isn't there? I wouldn't mind reading those old HBO posts again for a laugh... :lol: I was afraid to keep a copy on my hard drive in case someone saw them.

Alas the Rome Archives Ciarancaesar kept are no more. But what fun we had, eh?  ;D

TP icon
mob1
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »

I didn't particularly like that scene either, didn't seem realistic for a stealthy ex-soldier even giving room for film's creative licence. But the shot that really took me out of the film was Frank Castle walking about in public, albeit at night, on the city streets with his skull vest and guns in full view. He should have at least been wearing a trenchcoat, right ?!

Oh no Titus, I actually liked that scene because it reminded me of a funny incident in real life....it was unbelievable though.

A trenchcoat? hmmm, now that would be interesting if I saw Ray or Frank walking down the street in a trenchcoat opening it up and exposing himself to one and all....now that would be a fun scene if we got the full frontal shot... :devilish:

Mob1 icon
sparkle13

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 08:55:15 PM »

Mob said it was a stuntman did the bat shooting but on the youtube interview he said it was him and it took days to get right and to hold his arms out level.Like to think it was him
sparkle13

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:08:30 PM »

also he did have an overcoat so he could have flashed if he so wished ,but obviously though his punisher vest and armour was more street wear even tho all the cops in the city were looking for him,maybe he thought the style would catch on so he could blend in to all the other skull vests.actually he wasnt far wrong,just a few  years early.
sparkle13

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: