Ray Stevenson Community
February 21, 2018, 02:08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Queensland, Australia  (Read 11516 times)
TigerFlwr

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »

Frances Connor (Mr. Selfridge), who did a hilarious scene, enthusiastically reciting naked poetry

But Billy Bob's show of appreciation was so revolting and distasteful I had to FF. :sick: But maybe that's just me.

John Hurt and Robert Duvall are two of my all time favorite actors and although I loved seeing them together even they couldn't breathe any life into this BB-heavy drear-fest, IMHO.

Ray got starkers though so you ladies should be chuffed anyway.

I remained unchuffed. THAT scene was supposed to be longer, but it was cut so we could see MORE of - you guessed it - Billy Bob. :frown:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 07:48:32 AM by TigerFlwr » Logged
bonny

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2013, 03:33:57 PM »

Frances Connor (Mr. Selfridge), who did a hilarious scene, enthusiastically reciting naked poetry

But Billy Bob's show of appreciation was so revolting and distasteful I had to FF. :sick: But maybe that's just me.

John Hurt and Robert Duvall are two of my all time favorite actors and although I loved seeing them together even they couldn't breathe any life into this BB-heavy drear-fest, IMHO.

Ray got starkers though so you ladies should be chuffed anyway.

I remained unchuffed. THAT scene was supposed to be longer, but it was cut so we could see MORE of - you guessed it - Billy Bob. :frown:
No, you're right, it was a truly terrible film.  I didn't get the motivations of most of the characters other than the motivation of the one person we never saw...Naomi.  What was clear to me was why she left and never came back. 

The rest of it was some version of "war really damaged me and that's why I'm so messed up."  But there was something really awful about this film that stood in the way of feeling anything for any of the characters or understanding what motivated them.  Kevin Bacon's character might as well not even have been there, Ray's character was particularly weak and whingy, and Billy Bob's character was simply weird.

As for Ray being starkers, no, Titus, not even Ray starkers could make that film worth watching.  Besides, he may have been starkers as far as the film crew was concerned, but what ended up on screen?  Same thing happened in Rome.  I mean, if you're going to be starkers on film, do it up right, like Purefoy did as Marc Antony!
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2013, 04:18:09 PM »

I don't know why you were surprised that Robert Duvall stole every scene, Titus.  Robert Duvall is one of our most beloved and highly esteemed character actors. We have two or three great actors over here, too, you know, though I'll admit the UK has more of 'em.

The surprise wasn't that Duvall stole every scene, it was that he did it with such an understated performance!

On the bright side, Ray isn't even one degree of separation from Kevin Bacon anymore!  Well, that's something, isn't it?

:D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2013, 04:21:36 PM »

The rest of it was some version of "war really damaged me and that's why I'm so messed up."  But there was something really awful about this film that stood in the way of feeling anything for any of the characters or understanding what motivated them.  Kevin Bacon's character might as well not even have been there, Ray's character was particularly weak and whingy, and Billy Bob's character was simply weird.

Loved Ron White though.  :3drnk:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TigerFlwr

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »

Oops, should we be discussing this on the forum set up for it....?

Anyway. Kevin Bacon as a long haired, WAY over-aged WWII vet who is a hippy? Utterly ridiculous, but perhaps Billy Bob got his wars mixed up and was thinking of Vietnam?

Loved Ron White though.

Me too, even though his role was written as a stereotypical, back-slapping, blustering used car salesman type we've seen a million times before, he managed to be likable and amusing.
I would have liked to have seen more of him, but can sympathize with his wife pushing him out the door as soon as humanly possible. Yes....I do understand that. :drule:
Sorry, Ron.

I mean, if you're going to be starkers on film, do it up right, like Purefoy did as Marc Antony!

I'm not a fan of full frontal, but would rather have seen the entire cast starkers than that one interminable scene of shirtless Billy Bob. Even with ffing, it seemed to last an hour.
Oh, my eyes.    :hide: Billy, please keep it covered.
bonny

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »

I'm not a fan of full frontal, but would rather have seen the entire cast starkers than that one interminable scene of shirtless Billy Bob. Even with ffing, it seemed to last an hour.
Oh, my eyes.    :hide: Billy, please keep it covered.
I'm just grateful Billy Bob didn't show us his everything!   :shocking:
TigerFlwr

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 04:27:11 PM »

I'm just grateful Billy Bob didn't show us his everything!

I don't want to sound ungrateful for that mercy, but he showed way more than I wanted to see and we were also subjected to untenable sound effects during that (obviously)too rousing recital of "Charge of the Light Brigade" which put images in my mind that no normal person should have to bear.

:eek:
sparkle13

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2013, 04:44:59 PM »

oh just walked into to male members of parliament talk yet again,typical! cant take you lot anywhere

anyway-great big volstagg on a great big screen is next treat in store-cant wait!

he will still be all covered up though.i want a back stage special where they show him being transformed in to volstagg.then i canplay it backwards.i want to fantasize about messing with his cold water pipes!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: