Ray Stevenson Community
April 21, 2018, 03:40:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 8 - What did we do to deserve this?  (Read 24097 times)
Catelyn

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 07:38:51 PM »

Maybe we can have one of these every time Vogel says the "P" word. I'll serve. I have a whole bunch of screwdrivers and even some of the creamiest cream! :D

Love this! Make mine a double!  :cheers:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »

So clotted beige glop doesn't whet your appetite? Food snob.... ::)

It reminded me of James Lileks' "Gallery of Regrettable Food". Yummy!

*howls*  :lol: Brill!

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TigerFlwr

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »

That...it's just...I can't even... :o I swear I can smell that..Lima Bean(?) atrocity.. right through the screen.

I'd gladly take Creepy Grandma's Beige Glop instead.

I'd even rather have "Steak a la Dex". Much more enjoyable eating, although I might not remember it later.
Catelyn

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »

I think someone's already digested this....   :sick:
TigerFlwr

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2013, 08:25:01 PM »

Okay, with Creepy Grannies and brain drilling and pre-digested entrees  :yucky: and creamy cocktail psychopath drinking games, we're getting off track.

The fun is over and we're going to be subjected to another episode of Dexter tomorrow night.  Take your Gravol and get your eyelid toothpicks ready. :yawn:

On a happier note, it seems we're not the only Joey non-fans out there.

Catelyn

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2013, 02:48:26 PM »

Is It me or was the dialogue in Ep 10 more awful and audience-intelligence insulting than usual?  I mean, there were some bad lines in Season 7, e.g.

Isaak: You’re blocking my view.
Columbian Dude: It’s a blank wall
Isaak: To you, perhaps. To me, it’s a blank canvas – a projection screen for the mind.

Pretentious and unrealistic, but delivered in Ray’s beautiful voice with a drool-inducing close-up, frankly I didn’t care.  (I was a bit worried by his assertion seconds later that he could have 100 men at the prison within the hour should anything happen to him.  Wouldn’t there have been a bit of a delay as they all queued up for visitor’s passes?)

Anyway, last night we got:

Dex: Vogel told me where she keeps a spare key in case of emergencies.
Ghost Harry: I think protecting her from her deranged son qualifies.
(just in case we hadn’t worked out why they were there.)

Then we were told twice in a matter of seconds that the spyware on Vogel’s computer could be used to spy on Saxon.  A) We got it the first time and B) I don’t think you can actually reverse-hack like that.
(BTW I have been officially referring to Vogel as “Creepy Grandma” for the past few days. *High-fives TigerFlwr*)

Oh, and another priceless Dexter Voice Over:

Dex screeches to a halt and spots Saxon’s car.
DVO: He’s still here.

Initially I thought it was a bad idea for Dex to leave his DNA at Creepy Grandma’s in the final scene, but based on past performance, the fine detectives of Miami Metro Clown College will simply query it, be assured that it means nothing, and move on.

And Harrison’s treadmill scene? Bahahahahaha!  ;D
TigerFlwr

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »

I put off watching this until tonight. I was dreading it as I do a dentist visit and needed 3 "Hello, Handsomes" before I started, but - it wasn't that bad. Well, in comparison to last week, that is.

Dexter sunk to a new low by invoking poor Rita's name to make his lie to Batista sound better. I was surprised he didn't refer to her as, "Oh, you know...whats-her-name..skinny, blond?..Rita, that's it!" He really IS a creep mofo, isn't he?

Dex screeches to a halt and spots Saxon’s car.
DVO: He’s still here.

Bwhaha! I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, I think Saxon's giant SUV is a clue that even we dull viewers could see for ourselves without Dexter's help.

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
Thank you, Oliver for getting rid of Dr.Vogel. Her demise was, well, a wee bit graphic, but I couldn't take much more of her and her psychopath fetish.

Dexter, sobbing over her when he never shed a tear for poor, irritating, dearly departed Rita, who was only, you know, his WIFE and who is dead because of him.
I felt like punching him.

Harrison flying off the treadmill, right across the room? Is it twisted that I laughed?

Deb? Are you kidding us with Quinn? Of all the men *in all the gin joints, in all the malls* in Miami, THIS is what she comes back to?  She must be having a psychotic break. I couldn't help thinking that she needs to get herself tested for every STD out there after the macking she did with ol' Joey, the Stripper Lover.

Actually I really only had trouble staying awake when That Woman was on screen. That she was given an award for her role last season is a travesty. :frown:
But her ass is in the hot seat now. :yahoo: I'm surprised she didn't change into her pink tight dress to go to the hospital.

there were some bad lines in Season 7, e.g.

There were many...oh many. I swear every episode had a repetition of "If (I/you wanted/thought/believed) that, you/I would be dead by now."

Even the gay bar scene, which has been posted on nearly every site imaginable, and has been translated into a range of languages had some stinkers. "We could have been great friends" has been recycled since Casablanca. But it worked for the reasons you mentioned. ;D
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 08:47:16 PM by TigerFlwr » Logged
TigerFlwr

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2013, 09:04:27 PM »

Okay, 2nd best gif ever:

Catelyn

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 12:05:58 AM »

Okay, 2nd best gif ever:

What I particularly loved about this is the obviously adult-sized stuntman taking the fall.  ;D 
Catelyn

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 12:41:23 AM »

Dexter sunk to a new low by invoking poor Rita's name to make his lie to Batista sound better. I was surprised he didn't refer to her as, "Oh, you know...whats-her-name..skinny, blond?..Rita, that's it!" He really IS a creep mofo, isn't he?

What about the "I've got to see Aster and Cody before we go" line, because he's such a caring stepfather?   Apparently not intending to invite them to visit in Argentina then?

Boy, Creepy Grandma was all over the place, wasn't she?  First it's "No, I can save my son, leave him alone,", then she sees the video (not the first murder-y vid made by Oliver that she's viewed) and she folds faster than Superman on washing day and is all like "Ok, murder him then, as long as he doesn't suffer."  THEN, she invites him into her house??? 

Deb? Are you kidding us with Quinn? Of all the men *in all the gin joints, in all the malls* in Miami, THIS is what she comes back to?  She must be having a psychotic break. I couldn't help thinking that she needs to get herself tested for every STD out there after the macking she did with ol' Joey, the Stripper Lover.

Yargghh!  :sick: Although, with this reheating of the Quinn/Deb relationship, I'm wondering which one is going to end up dead, or are they just going to wander off to their spinoff series hand in hand?

Actually I really only had trouble staying awake when That Woman was on screen. That she was given an award for her role last season is a travesty. :frown:
But her ass is in the hot seat now. :yahoo: I'm surprised she didn't change into her pink tight dress to go to the hospital.

...and poison the nurse at Reception on her way out. 

My burning question for the week - how did Jaimie manage to even attend college, let alone graduate what with her 24/7 nannying and continually doing the laundry?

As the "psychopath" drinking game has clearly come to an end, we may have to drink our Hello, Handsomes whenever "Argentina" gets a mention, roughly every 38 seconds or so.

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 03:23:27 AM »

Okay, 2nd best gif ever:

What I particularly loved about this is the obviously adult-sized stuntman taking the fall.  ;D 

Whoa, you're right!  :lol:

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 03:25:06 AM »

Boy, Creepy Grandma was all over the place, wasn't she?  First it's "No, I can save my son, leave him alone,", then she sees the video (not the first murder-y vid made by Oliver that she's viewed) and she folds faster than Superman on washing day and is all like "Ok, murder him then, as long as he doesn't suffer."  THEN, she invites him into her house???

Totally thought the same thing! And  :lol: @ the Superman comparison.

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 03:29:35 AM »

Can someone explain to me why the bloody hell Hannah (I just noticed this is a palindrome) drugged Dex & Deb and somehow heaved Dex's unconscious body into a car and transported him to the middle of BFE a few episodes ago? I *may* have tuned out whilst watching and missed some 'important details'. Or more likely such details were not there to begin with and I'm simply 'overthinking' this. :P

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 08:16:24 AM »

Can someone explain to me why the bloody hell Hannah (I just noticed this is a palindrome) drugged Dex & Deb and somehow heaved Dex's unconscious body into a car and transported him to the middle of BFE a few episodes ago?

Well, you see...Hannah manipulated her billionaire, wife-beating hubby to take her to Miami so she could hunt up Dexter and get him to help her escape the cruelty of said hubby.

She thought the best way to get Dexter's attention was to drug him (and Deb) and use her super-human strength to carry him to her SUV and dump him in the middle of nowhere, instead of, you know, calling him on the phone.

But then she tells Dexter, no, never mind -  she's very happy with wife-beating hubby, so she doesn't want him to help her after all.  :huh:
Hope that clears this up for you.

then she sees the video (not the first murder-y vid made by Oliver that she's viewed)

Oliver enjoyed killing Zach, Dexter points out all self-righteously. Imagine if he had showed Vogel a video of one of HIS kills, with him taunting and sadistically tormenting HIS victims before cutting them up?

"Oliver killed innocent people!" he whines, peeved off because only the Morgans are allowed to do that and get away with it.

And Dex flipping off Deb with his, "Oh by the way, I'm moving to Argentina, but don't worry - I'll visit you...sometime." THIS after he harassed and stalked her for months to get her back in his life. He really does deserve to die. He's too stupid and selfish to live.

And why is Masuka's daughter still on our screens? Yeah, there's a couple episodes left so I really care about her prancing into a crime scene in her short-shorts and being high on weed.

Another brilliant VO from Dex: "Vogel leaves a key. Under this flowerpot. For me." Just in case we couldn't deduce that ourselves as we see the key. Under the flowerpot.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 08:19:51 AM by TigerFlwr » Logged
TigerFlwr

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2013, 03:22:19 PM »

You guys wanted it, you got it.

Order yours today!!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 05:29:53 PM by TigerFlwr » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: