Ray Stevenson Community
February 18, 2018, 10:55:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Pilfering Bastards! - Must Game of Thrones Steal Every Rome Actor?  (Read 6274 times)
WIDTAP

« on: January 30, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »

Scroll to the right...

Whose next? Max Pirkis?
bonny

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 03:27:48 PM »

Sucks, doesn't it?  What character is she playing?
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:05:23 PM »

Oh look at it this way, "Rome" didn't hurt their careers :)

:wingit:
WIDTAP

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 04:55:12 PM »

On the other hand, put this fellow in a warmer outfit and he probably could join the Nights Watch with that beard.
Hie thee to Iceland, Master Max.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:58:04 PM by WIDTAP » Logged
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »

On the other hand, put this fellow in a warmer outfit and he probably could join the Nights Watch with that beard.

ermagerd. Who are that man? His "media" cart looks an AWFUL lot like ours. He is more nattily-attired than we are, though. And we wouldn't mind having him tidy up our place, either. Can anyone hook us up?  :callme:

Other than seeing the DomesticDoppelganger stuff, I have no idea wtf that dude is doing here.  :D Sorry.  :embarassed: :shrug:

:bead:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
bonny

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:58:00 PM »

ermagerd. Who are that man? His "media" cart looks an AWFUL lot like ours. He is more nattily-attired than we are, though. And we wouldn't mind having him tidy up our place, either. Can anyone hook us up?  :callme:

Other than seeing the DomesticDoppelganger stuff, I have no idea wtf that dude is doing here.  :D Sorry.  :embarassed: :shrug:

Cam, that's Max Pirkis, aka Octavian, only he's all grown up and...hirsute.  :-\    But, he has two films opening in April, The Quiet Ones and Flying Home!  Can't wait to see widdle Max all grown up! 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:05:32 PM by bonny » Logged
WIDTAP

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 05:45:57 AM »

Cam, that's Max Pirkis, aka Octavian, only he's all grown up and...hirsute.  :-\    But, he has two films opening in April, The Quiet Ones and Flying Home!  Can't wait to see widdle Max all grown up! 

Bonny has it right. That's Max Pirkis, from his Twitter pics. (Funny, these actors never look the same at home as they do on TV.) I thought the scruffy, young-man's beard made him look perfect for a watch on the Wall (of Game of Thrones).
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 05:07:28 AM »

Bonny has it right. That's Max Pirkis, from his Twitter pics. (Funny, these actors never look the same at home as they do on TV.) I thought the scruffy, young-man's beard made him look perfect for a watch on the Wall (of Game of Thrones).

awww. "Young Master". I think that's what Titus Pullo called Octavian. What a 'fun' team they made.... even when they were torturing a guy in the Cloaca Whatever It Was Called. :evander:

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
sparkle13

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2014, 06:05:50 PM »

HOW DO YOU TORTURE A GUY IN THE CLOCEA-DO YOU TWEAK IT WITH HOT PINCERS?
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »

I can't see me torturing anyone with hot pincers  :hypocrite: .... maybe if I felt that person was REALLY evil and/or got me in a RAGING fury.  :own:

I Googled.... the place where Titus Pullo and Octavian put a hurtjn' on that guy was the Cloaca Maxima.

bonny

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »

I can't see me torturing anyone with hot pincers  :hypocrite: .... maybe if I felt that person was REALLY evil and/or got me in a RAGING fury.  :own:

I Googled.... the place where Titus Pullo and Octavian put a hurtjn' on that guy was the Cloaca Maxima.

Cloacas have a goddess, too! :fairy: Leave it to those Romans to have it straight what to worship. :caesaryes: I think her name is Cloacina.  Somebody even wrote a poem about her, somewhere, but I don't have time to look for it.
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2014, 06:42:40 PM »

Cloacas have a goddess, too! :fairy: Leave it to those Romans to have it straight what to worship. :caesaryes: I think her name is Cloacina.  Somebody even wrote a poem about her, somewhere, but I don't have time to look for it.

Oh, baby. Some of the moments I have looked for help beyond my own will and abilities ... have involved sitting on the porcelain throne. Heavy lies the arse which sits on the throne.... or.. maybe the expression is about a crown...? ...or ..whatever the expression is.  :shutup:

omg. Can I stay home instead of heading out to work after the latest .... stuff .... falls from the sky? :pray: I think the decision may fall with me, instead of me hoping the bureaucrats give me a reprieve for one day...

bonny

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2014, 08:19:55 PM »

Oh, baby. Some of the moments I have looked for help beyond my own will and abilities ... have involved sitting on the porcelain throne. Heavy lies the arse which sits on the throne.... or.. maybe the expression is about a crown...? ...or ..whatever the expression is.  :shutup:

omg. Can I stay home instead of heading out to work after the latest .... stuff .... falls from the sky? :pray: I think the decision may fall with me, instead of me hoping the bureaucrats give me a reprieve for one day...

Poor Cam, suffering all that cold and ice!  Well, maybe you can entertain yourself next time you're on the throne with this, a Roman prayer to Cloacina:

O Cloacina, Goddess of this place,
 Look on thy suppliants with a smiling face.
 Soft, yet cohesive let their offerings flow,
 Not rashly swift nor insolently slow.
 :whistle:
Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »

Poor Cam, suffering all that cold and ice!  Well, maybe you can entertain yourself next time you're on the throne with this, a Roman prayer to Cloacina:

O Cloacina, Goddess of this place,
 Look on thy suppliants with a smiling face.
 Soft, yet cohesive let their offerings flow,
 Not rashly swift nor insolently slow.
 :whistle:

:D  :party: Oh my. I'd better get back to the news report. Thanks for the good wishes!  :cheers:

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2014, 12:03:51 AM »

Game of Thrones gets a shout-out in this article speculating that there may be some life left in Rome yet. At this rate the Thirteenth are gonna be 90 years old ffs. ;D

http://www.wetpaint.com/greys-anatomy/articles/2014-02-18-could-kevin-mckidd-ressurect-rome

Could Grey's Anatomy's Kevin McKidd Help Resurrect His HBO Show Rome?
February 19, 2014 at 09:00AM EST by Nicole Pomarico

Before Kevin McKidd was Dr. Owen Hunt on Grey’s Anatomy, he was part of a very different show: HBO’s fantasy drama, Rome. In 2005, the show was canceled before its second season due to expensive production costs as the show filmed overseas in Italy. Which was totally a lucky break for us, because if Rome was still on the air, we might not have Kevin on Grey’s!

But now, according to Entertainment Weekly, it sounds as though there’s a chance that Rome could make a comeback now that HBO execs regret canceling the show so early into its run. And the show’s creator, Bruno Heller, is already talking about resurrecting the show, which has been described as “Game of Thrones before Game of Thrones.”

“Never say never,” Bruno said. “Funnily enough, the sets are still there. They look very beautiful and are ready to go … It ended for reasons other than running out of things to say. I loved it. I thought it was a great show. There’s a sense that there’s unfinished business.”

And Bruno thinks Kevin would totally be game if they did attempt a reboot.

“It’s just a matter of enough people thinking it’s a good idea,” Bruno said. “I could call Kevin and Ray [Stevenson] and they’d love to come back and have another crack at it. It would be up to HBO. Normally I don’t like to look back, but that show was the great love of my life.”

We’d hate to lose Kevin (and, consequentially, Owen) to Italy, but we’d totally understand if he wanted to pick back up where he left off.. we’d just miss him.

Do you think Kevin would leave Grey’s to try again at Rome? Let us know what you think!

Source: Entertainment Weekly

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: