Ray Stevenson Community
February 22, 2018, 12:04:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ray doing any theater this year?  (Read 6861 times)
Halloweenqueen

« on: February 13, 2007, 07:34:50 AM »

I couldn't find an appropriate area to talk about Ray's theater work, so I thought this okay.  (please move Lotis if there is a better place)

I know Ray has done several plays, but how can I find out if he is doing any this summer?  I'm visiting London in June.    :nailbite2:

Camamar
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 11:27:19 AM »

I couldn't find an appropriate area to talk about Ray's theater work, so I thought this okay.  (please move Lotis if there is a better place)

I know Ray has done several plays, but how can I find out if he is doing any this summer?  I'm visiting London in June.    :nailbite2:

As I recall (wouldn't swear to it), someone who is apparently really Ray's brother Graham  :squirm: told us a few weeks ago in the SC Bar & Grill chat room (link on HBO.com Rome boards) that Ray didn't have any theater work coming up at that time.

A day without Ray is like a day without sunshine.....Worse, actually. A day without sunshine would save me having to put on sunscreen.
fuzzybunny

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:12:10 PM »

someone who is apparently really Ray's brother Graham
?

:think:  Someone claiming to be Ray's brother, Graham was on the SCBG?  What else did he say?  Are you sure it was really Ray's brother?  Does Ray have a brother named, Graham?  If it really is his brother, I'm very, very curious. :cool2:

:bunny: Fuzzy's icon
anonEmouse

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »

Short answer:  No he doesn't have a brother named Graham.  And even if he did, I doubt he'd be frequenting the SCBG.

As to theatre:  Best way to find out is to ring his ageny.  They can't share personal info but I am sure if he has upcoming performances they would be happy to share that info, especially if whoever runs this site wants to give him some free press.  From my seats, I haven't heard of him auditioning for any stage productions.
arieldan1

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 04:15:42 AM »

Short answer:  No he doesn't have a brother named Graham.

How on earth do you know what his brothers are NOT named??!!!    :hmm:

Best way to find out is to ring his ageny.  They can't share personal info

So they won't be able to tell us if Ray is in need of a Valentine's Day date?????????  Darn!!   ;D

:ariel:
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »

It's difficult to find information on past theater performances.  They should have a theater website like the internet movie database.

Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 06:59:07 PM »

Short answer:  No he doesn't have a brother named Graham.  And even if he did, I doubt he'd be frequenting the SCBG.

How on earth do you know what his brothers are NOT named??!!!    :hmm:

I will address this in a separate thread.

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
anonEmouse

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 06:03:55 AM »

I don't.  That is my point...how do any of us?  I'd say if anyone was looking for information on Ray's future gigs that the best bet would be to ring his agent and get the info there rather than from someone who could just as easily be your own brother sitting on the computer in the library as it could be ray's brother.  Failing the agent, I guess you could always read Variety or dig through the West End theatre websites to find out what the next season holds and with whom...Royal Shakespeare are very forthcoming and actually will ring actor's agents on their behalf (if you know them) but I doubt that'd be an effective search method.  Anyway, sorry my advice wasn't more helpful.
Halloweenqueen

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 08:25:41 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'll look into it.

Halloweenqueen

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:35:39 AM »

As I recall (wouldn't swear to it), someone who is apparently really Ray's brother Graham  :squirm: told us a few weeks ago in the SC Bar & Grill chat room (link on HBO.com Rome boards) that Ray didn't have any theater work coming up at that time.

Could someone post a link?  Thanks!

Kynkari
Newbie.

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 12:18:22 PM »

As to theatre:  Best way to find out is to ring his ageny.  They can't share personal info but I am sure if he has upcoming performances they would be happy to share that info, especially if whoever runs this site wants to give him some free press.  From my seats, I haven't heard of him auditioning for any stage productions.

Longer answer:  Err...yes he does, and he most certainly has visited the SCBG several times.  Are you a reg or have you visited the SCBG?  What's the basis for your statement? 

He also has another brother named Mark, by the way.

Check out the articles section of this website and you'll find several references about Ray being the middle of three brothers.

And, what makes you think Lotis isn't in contact with his agents?   :P 

I suspect she is kept well informed as to what Ray is up to, for the very reason that she *IS* providing great free advertising and saving his agents money and time putting one up themselves.   ;)

Go Lotis!!   :cheer:

Kynkari
http://www.scbg.net

anonEmouse

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2007, 04:45:21 AM »

Salve!

To keep with the theme of Rome I shall beg off by saying:

Adversus solem ne loquitor

That, is, don't waste time arguing the obvious.

I merely offered an option for finding out if Mr S is doing any theatre work.  Whether anyone choses to take my suggestion doesn't matter to me.  Just putting it out there.

As for Mr S and siblings that remains to be proven and I believe that a bit of skepticism in the world of media and celeb gossip is a good thing. 

While I am pleased to find such a well designed site in honour of Mr S I still prefer to remain dubious regarding the information on here.  Unless the site owner is a personal friend and has had the Stevenson clan over for tea (and how would we know really?)  I'll take it all with a grain of salt unless it comes from the horses mouth or the site is officially endorsed by the person it is celebrating.  In my view, this is all in here for a bit of fun so I prefer not to take statements to heart or believe everything I read.

Thanks for taking the time to read.  I was just passing through and thought I'd reply to the question.  Did not expect it to become a point of contention. 

With that, I shall close in the immortal words of Socrates:  Scio me nihil scire  (I know that I know nothing).

All the best.
Lotis
Administrator
Rayspectable Fan

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2007, 03:50:23 PM »

I would have thought that my post from the other night would have resolved this issue. It was unnecessary for anyone to have commented further. The assumption that info is fabricated, or I would verify someone without the ability to do so is nonsensical. This is the only website for Ray and it's the #2 result in 98% of search engine results for his name. It's been referred to in news articles. The BBC lists it on his profile page. His publicist can be contacted through this website. Ray, his representatives and family are well aware of it and if it contained false claims, it would've been served a C&D long ago.

The forum rules state gossip and speculation are discouraged here. If the info is dubious, it's also lame since there are a lot juicier fabrications to make than whether someone is Ray's brother. If I sound irritated it's not because I'm the one offended.

We're all free to believe or not believe what we want. I just ask that if you're going to claim the information here is dubious, that you provide proof that it is.

If anyone has anything else to add, take it to PM or email. Otherwise, this ends this particular topic.

(Edited because the person who needed to see this has seen it, I've removed references to a previous discussion and left what is most relevant.)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 07:19:10 PM by Lotis » Logged

"Yaaaay, yaaaay... yaaa-... (Vorenus glares) ...-aaay, yaaaay!!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: