Ray Stevenson Community
February 19, 2018, 07:03:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: RayNews that fans not members here, can see!  (Read 8973 times)
bonny

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2016, 02:09:35 PM »

Bit of info on Cold Skin:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3388241/whoa-cold-skin-actually-happening-director-frontiers/

Flash back to 2009, 30 Days of Night and Hard Candy director David Slade was attached to helm the adaptation of the Antarctic island horror/psychological thriller Cold Skin, based on a best-selling Spanish novel of the same title.

Then, in 2011, Xavier Gens (The Divide, Hitman, Frontiere(s)) was attached to take the reigns from a screenplay by Carriers writers Alex and David Pastor.

After years in development hell, filming is officially underway, which means Cold Skin is actually, finally, truly happening!

Who stars? Ray Stevenson (“Dexter,” Punisher, Big Game, Thor, the Divergent franchise) and David Oakes (The Borgias, The White Queen), says Variety.

Based on a best-seller of the same title by Albert Sanchez Pińol whose adaptation rights were said to have been pursued in their day by Focus Europe and Filmax, Cold Skin begins with a young man approaching a remote island on the edge of the Antarctic Circle to relieve a weather observer who has been stationed there in solitude. But all he finds is a deranged castaway who has witnessed a horror he refuses to name.

Cold Skin co-stars Spain’s double-Goya nominee Aura Garrido (Stockholm, The Department of Time).

Two-time Academy Award winner Gil Parrondo serves as production designer: award-winning Ranchito (“Games of Thrones,” The Impossible) supplies VFX.

Principal photography will move to the Canary Islands later this month and then a further part of the shoot is planned for Iceland exteriors, said Babieka’s Denis Pedregosa.

Here’s the synopsis from a few years back:

“In this grim, H.G. Wellsian fable, an unnamed European of unspecified nationality is hired to spend an unspecified mid-20th-century year logging wind conditions on a tiny Antarctic island. Anticipating solitude, the bookish young man soon discovers that he has a neighbor–the pathologically reclusive Gruner–and that each night, the island is overrun by humanoid killer amphibians. He and brutish Gruner–who has tamed a “toad” of his own–join forces, killing monsters by night and fornicating with Gruner’s pet by day. Inspired by the creature’s ability to laugh and cry–to say nothing of her perky breasts, knack for housework and wordless submissiveness–the narrator begins to think of the cold-blooded creatures as human. When he tries to befriend them and their children, his efforts pacify the humanoids, but not Gruner; the hopeful idyll ends when the older man launches a last suicidal effort to exterminate the “monsters.” Gruner’s death plunges our hero into a rut of battle, drunkenness and bestiality so complete that when his replacement arrives, he has become as feral as Gruner was before him.”

It sounds very Lovecraftian, like The Fog meets Dagon…
bonny

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »

Might Ray and the beautiful Betta appear at Cannes?

http://variety.com/2016/film/global/cannes-ray-stevenson-david-oakes-cold-skin-babieka-kinology-1201758166/

"Now in production on mainland Spain, “Cold Skin” will be introduced to buyers by Gregoire Melin’s Kinology at next month’s Cannes Festival where Melin will unveil early footage."

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2016, 01:56:15 AM »

You had it right the first time, wing.;)

:spit:

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
sparkle13

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 01:08:39 PM »

that one of the monster/aliens/whatevers but theres another publicity poster that has the face of a monster and it look awfully familiar if you know what i mean.you know i have tec probs being a ludite and all but im sure one of you good people can bring it in to here.i just hope if they use that poster they are not relying on a plot twist where we all go ooo cos it looks like a dead giveaway.Gotta say though i took one look and this scaredy cat didnt like the look of this project.I normally love going to the cinema to see the big man big on the big screen,but this looks as though it might give me nightmares.Now reading your comments i see the words sex slave and maybe ill have to get brave quick.the facebook page for the film shows the sets they are building before to cast go to iceland.what with black beard and this I might keel over in antici...........pation!! :zombie: :zwalk: :zsuit: :sick: :whip:
TigerFlwr

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 02:37:44 PM »

You had it right the first time, wing.;)

:spit:

What??  :whistle:
sparkle13

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 05:12:40 PM »

the monster picture is on the cold skin facebook page but now you cant see the eye-after reading how the story unfolds dont see how it fits in though.hope one of you can see the full picture somewhere.i might be completely wrong though.
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2016, 07:56:29 AM »

I was having some interesting thoughts in the shower yesterday morning.

Brexit or Eur-in?

Dagonet or Pullo?

Gel Wash or Skin Scrub?

So I decided upon Brexit, Pullo and the scrub. Then my mind wandered to... what if the 'r' in scrub was a 'y'?

Scyub. I said it a few times and it made me giggle because it sounded so much nicer. Or was it now sounding like a sofa from Ikea?

But then I thought what if Ray was with a 'y' and not with an 'r'? That would make him a YAY. And I thought my goodness. How apt!

And all this before 6.30am  :help: :giggly: :grinny:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »

I was having some interesting thoughts in the shower yesterday morning.

How very bizarre. I was just having some interesting thoughts about you in the shower as well.  ;D

So I read Cold Skin. At first it reads like your typical monster movie, but there's something deeper at work, and I'm very much looking forward to the screen adaptation with Mr S. He's playing the lighthouse keeper Gruner, who you'll be happy to know is described as having 'an enormous member'.  :o  Unfortunately he's also described as being, well, mad as cheese, and quite hirsute and hygienically challenged. :yucky: As well I'm having a bit of trouble getting past a female character being named 'Aneris' which is only one letter off from being a certain male sex toy. Then again, she is something of a sex toy so I suppose it's really quite appropriate after all....  :think: The whole thing is disturbing on many levels, which in my opinion sets it apart from the average horror story. It's far more introspective. It'll be interesting to see how that gets translated to the screen. The few shots I've seen so far look very much as I imagine they should, and very promising.

The isolated island's lighthouse plays a huge part in the book. You can see two of them in this wide shot, one is the full lighthouse and the other is probably just for more closeup action. You can see the terrain is quite inhospitable and I'd hate to be the crew members dragging a crane up there so I can see why they'd prefer a shorter lighthouse set for the sequences requiring those shots.

Alas haven't found much directly referring to Mr S yet, unless you count this pic of his hotel (?) door all tarted up in insane Gruner fashion (castmate David Oakes says 'Ray's gone method!' lol )

TP icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2016, 10:22:57 PM »

Found this link:

http://www.lancelotdigital.com/sociedad/tinajo-rodaje-cold-skin

Ju ne parle pas l'Espanol. Anybody want to translate for us?

I think this is the frog-like blue sex slave.. tiger wanna comment?

:wingit:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »

According to the caption, that's Spanish actress Aura Garrido as Aneris, the 'mascot' of the book's sea creatures, along with makeup artist Arturo Balseiro. Always amusing to see an actor tarted up in full monster makeup doing something utterly incongruous like wearing sunglasses! My Spanish is rather crap but the article is basically about the economic boost to the Canary Islands' municipality of Tinajo due to the shooting of Cold Skin. I take it the hotels and city life are less desolate and forlorn than the lighthouse locations!

Some of you may not give a toss about spoilers and want to read the book - if so it's Cold Skin by Catalan author Albert Sanchez Pinol. It's a very quick read. The English translation however does not include some rather important backstory, like the reason the unnamed main character, an Irish weather official, has sought out this lonely year-long stay on the island - he's a disillusioned IRA activist.

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 12:15:22 PM »

More Aneris, the sea creature mascot.

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 12:19:31 PM »

The lighthouse, all kitted out with improvised weapons to keep the sea creatures at bay.

Shirtless chap could be Ray/Gruner?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 12:26:12 PM by TitusPullo » Logged

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 12:24:34 PM »

The smaller lighthouse set tarted up to look like the Antarctic winter. Brrrrr!

TP icon
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 12:27:43 PM »

One more... night falls, and the MONSTERS ATTACK - Oh noes!!

TP icon
wingit4me
Rayligious Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2016, 07:52:49 PM »

Reminds me of my tiny hometown when kids would dare each other to climb the water tower.

:wingit:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: