Ray Stevenson Community
February 20, 2018, 06:50:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  
Author Topic: RayNews that fans not members here, can see!  (Read 9026 times)
bonny

« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2017, 03:30:40 PM »

We in the US will have to be content to follow Rellik via The Guardian:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/sep/11/rellik-recap-episode-one-step-right-up-for-the-gothic-moonwalk
TigerFlwr

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2017, 11:26:02 AM »

Re: "Rellik" - This grabbed me from the opening scene - very stylish -  and I'm loving it so far.

Thanks again, Catelyn!! :evander:
Labiaofthejulii
Rayspectable Fan

Barmy Bawdy Besotted Brittunculi Bint

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2017, 07:11:17 AM »

Re: "Rellik" - This grabbed me from the opening scene - very stylish -  and I'm loving it so far.

Thanks again, Catelyn!! :evander:

Ooooh Tigerflower! I saw this was on but haven't got round to seeing it on BBC iPlayer. I feel a weekend Ray-Binge coming on  :ray: :snog: :drule: :clap: :dance2: :cheer2:

Aut Viam
Inveniam
Aut Faciam

And all because the lady loves... Ray

LabOfJulii icon
Catelyn

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2017, 09:34:58 PM »

Newpaper interview with Ray on his role in Rellik et al:
https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/big-budget-movies-or-tv-its-all-the-same-ray-stevenson/
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 11:28:28 AM »

Rellik has been quite good. Ray can't seem to escape roles where he gets naked though.  :D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TigerFlwr

« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2017, 10:27:02 AM »

Ray can't seem to escape roles where he gets naked though.

Big deal. I didn't even have time to get excited. ::)
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2017, 01:54:37 PM »

Ray can't seem to escape roles where he gets naked though.
Big deal. I didn't even have time to get excited. ::)

Nice to know there's demand for 50+ year old dad bods out there.  :lol:
And Rellik is a proper mind-f***. Next week should be a cracker.

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »

And Rellik is a proper mind-f***.

Truly. They open a scene that has you saying, "OMG! WTF??" (I'm thinking of one scene in particular) and then of course you see how it came to be. Very clever and well done.

Nice to know there's demand for 50+ year old dad bods out there.
Hell yeah, even moreso - IMO - when seeing what is now considered the standard for male beauty.  ::)
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2017, 07:41:20 AM »

And Rellik is a proper mind-f***.

Truly. They open a scene that has you saying, "OMG! WTF??" (I'm thinking of one scene in particular) and then of course you see how it came to be. Very clever and well done.

Nice to know there's demand for 50+ year old dad bods out there.
Hell yeah, even moreso - IMO - when seeing what is now considered the standard for male beauty.  ::)

So you're saying my old dad bod has a chance? Good to know.  ;D

Which scene was it? I need to rewatch the whole bloody thing. I feel like I've still missed some clues. Next time I get 6 hours of binge watch time.  ::)

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2017, 09:02:44 AM »

Which scene was it?

I don't want to spoil, but it involves a bathtub and a big hat. I found it rather horrific. Truthfully, I have a bit of trouble following the back and forth thing.

And stop saying "dad bod!" :hysterical:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2017, 10:43:48 PM »

Which scene was it?

I don't want to spoil, but it involves a bathtub and a big hat. I found it rather horrific. Truthfully, I have a bit of trouble following the back and forth thing.

And stop saying "dad bod!" :hysterical:

Ahhhhhh, THAT! Yeah, bit macabre, that one.  :o

Nowt wrong with dad bods ffs!  ;D Lots of shagging and nudity in such a short series and it was good to see the 40+ crowd representin', integral to the plot of course, wink wink. Did you watch ep 6 yet? I caught the anagram clue so guessed that bit correctly but had a facepalm moment when I realised why Benton had seemed a bit odd at the mention of Hannah a few episodes back. What a mindf*** this series was. Richard Dormer was brilliant. I read up on him and was surprised to find he's from the same bit of the world Ray is. And what a small world again - creepy Clive Russell (Elaine's dad) was in Game of Thrones with Richard and in Thor The Dark World and King Arthur with Ray.

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #86 on: October 18, 2017, 02:54:37 PM »

Nowt wrong with dad bods ffs!
Okay, unless you carried and delivered the young 'un, no reason why a dad should have a bod any different than that of a non-dad. I'll say no more, except that normal, natural bodies are best, IMO, anyway!

Lots of shagging and nudity in such a short series and it was good to see the 40+ crowd representin', integral to the plot of course, wink wink.
I think that must be European thing, since Hollywood doesn't acknowledge that women over 35 who don't look like anorexic runway models with huge bolt-ons might be active in that respect. But what do I know? ::)

Did you watch ep 6 yet?
No, but plan to do so shortly. (Thanks again, Catelyn!) ;D
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2017, 11:08:06 PM »

Nowt wrong with dad bods ffs!
Okay, unless you carried and delivered the young 'un, no reason why a dad should have a bod any different than that of a non-dad. I'll say no more, except that normal, natural bodies are best, IMO, anyway!

Lots of shagging and nudity in such a short series and it was good to see the 40+ crowd representin', integral to the plot of course, wink wink.
I think that must be European thing, since Hollywood doesn't acknowledge that women over 35 who don't look like anorexic runway models with huge bolt-ons might be active in that respect. But what do I know? ::)

Did you watch ep 6 yet?
No, but plan to do so shortly. (Thanks again, Catelyn!) ;D

I'm too lazy to do the multiquote thing, so I'll simply agree that normal natural bodies are always best (espesh mum bods), Europe isn't immune to the silliness regarding women's bodies (remember Keira Knightley's 'King Arthur' poster?), and I hope you emerged from episode 6 less scarred than poor Gabriel, who somehow managed to get shot, burnt, and injured in a car crash all in one day (can you say overkill without the actual kill?).  :faint:

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2017, 09:13:57 PM »

remember Keira Knightley's 'King Arthur' poster?),

Ha! Let there be breasts! I didn't really watch much of the movie or see her in it but do remember the kerfuffle over the poster. Why is she so scantily clad anyway? What bits and pieces I saw of the movie, the weather seemed a bit chilly for leather macrame halters and the men were all fully clothed.

I hope you emerged from episode 6 less scarred than poor Gabriel, who somehow managed to get shot, burnt, and injured in a car crash all in one day (can you say overkill without the actual kill?).  :faint:

Haven't watched yet, but it was a mistake to make a lead character as unlikable as I personally find him to be. The problem with that is you don't care what terrible things befall him and audiences should care.

so I'll simply agree that normal natural bodies are always best
Oh, I totally agree but what is trendy now is about as far from natural as you can get. They're reaching a stage where they don't look fully human, never mind natural.  ::) "Dolphin smooth" (quoting Abe from "The Walking Dead") just doesn't do it for me.  :sick:
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2017, 10:26:46 PM »

I hope you emerged from episode 6 less scarred than poor Gabriel, who somehow managed to get shot, burnt, and injured in a car crash all in one day (can you say overkill without the actual kill?).  :faint:

Haven't watched yet, but it was a mistake to make a lead character as unlikable as I personally find him to be. The problem with that is you don't care what terrible things befall him and audiences should care.

Oh, I simply think of such characters as being complex. Gabriel's a self-destructive man, and I wanted to know why he was that way and how that was going to tie in with how he was going to do the one good thing he seemed keen to do: stopping the acid killer. There really aren't any pure good guys in this story -- even the daughter is having her own self-destructive phase. As well I just wanted to see how this reversed storytelling gimmick would work out! I'm not entirely certain it worked but I feel I missed a bit so I'll withhold judgment until I've seen it again.

TP icon
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: