Ray Stevenson Community
April 21, 2018, 03:42:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: • Official websites:    Thor - Visit    |  Divergent - Visit

Home   Help Arcade Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: RayNews that fans not members here, can see!  (Read 10575 times)
TigerFlwr

« Reply #90 on: October 21, 2017, 06:02:04 PM »

So, finally watched.

Oh, I simply think of such characters as being complex. Gabriel's a self-destructive man
He's also kind of a douche.

Gabriel, who somehow managed to get shot, burnt, and injured in a car crash all in one day (can you say overkill without the actual kill?).

Indeed: "Gabriel's Bad Day." I'm just glad we don't have to see what he's going to look like after these latest adventures. :o

A few surprises, but I no doubt missed things since I was having a bit of trouble with some of the accents. As for the backwards thing - I think it was used to give an original twist to yet another crime drama/serial killer story and put a fresh spin on it. IMO, it worked reasonably well.

All in all, not bad, although this ep seemed very rushed with way too much crammed into it in order to tie everything all up, giving us virtually no time to feel any suspense. Another episode may have been needed.
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #91 on: October 23, 2017, 03:02:37 AM »

So, finally watched.

Oh, I simply think of such characters as being complex. Gabriel's a self-destructive man
He's also kind of a douche.

Gabriel, who somehow managed to get shot, burnt, and injured in a car crash all in one day (can you say overkill without the actual kill?).

Indeed: "Gabriel's Bad Day." I'm just glad we don't have to see what he's going to look like after these latest adventures. :o

A few surprises, but I no doubt missed things since I was having a bit of trouble with some of the accents. As for the backwards thing - I think it was used to give an original twist to yet another crime drama/serial killer story and put a fresh spin on it. IMO, it worked reasonably well.

All in all, not bad, although this ep seemed very rushed with way too much crammed into it in order to tie everything all up, giving us virtually no time to feel any suspense. Another episode may have been needed.

Hahaha! I'm sure Richard Dormer is happy not to have to wear yet more prosthetics for Season 2. ;) I loved the concept. My problem was that I didn't ultimately believe the motivations of the killer as well as the logistics. I also had problems with the supposed inciting incident of Gabriel witnessing the rape and 'accidentally' killing the rapist being the impetus for his own downward trajectory and causing his self-destructive streak. His story was by far the more compelling, and I could have watched the entire series just to find out why he became such a douche, so I think they rather missed an opportunity. Ah well, it was still an intriguing gimmick and I enjoyed it anyway.

And what accents?  ;D

TP icon
"I like to kill my enemy, take their gold, and enjoy their women."
TigerFlwr

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:58 PM »

I loved the concept. My problem was that I didn't ultimately believe the motivations of the killer as well as the logistics. I also had problems with the supposed inciting incident of Gabriel witnessing the rape and 'accidentally' killing the rapist being the impetus for his own downward trajectory and causing his self-destructive streak.

I couldn't absorb it, let alone believe it. As I said, it was all rushed in a big whiz past us, but maybe I'm just kinda slow. What cop would be permanently traumatized over killing a child rapist, accidently or not? I'm not a cop, but I'd say "Oh, hell yeah. Good riddance. Too bad it wasn't more painful."

Oh, well. I did enjoy certain elements of this.

And what accents?  ;D
True. Only others have accents.  ;D
Catelyn

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2017, 01:44:31 AM »

The trailer for Accident Man is up on YT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=o1_jEDji5R8

TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2017, 11:40:32 AM »

The trailer for Accident Man is up on YT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=o1_jEDji5R8

Looks like Accident Man is going straight to on demand, which is apparently the new direct-to-video/dvd. A film's lack of theatrical release used to carry a stigma. I hope that isn't the case here.

As well I see Cold Skin made the rounds at European film festivals as early as October 2017 but its US release date hasn't been announced, though it still says 2017 on IMDB. Curious what the delay there is.

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2017, 08:01:43 PM »

As well I see Cold Skin made the rounds at European film festivals as early as October 2017 but its US release date hasn't been announced, though it still says 2017 on IMDB.

It seems to be playing in Russia. A little nippy there this time of year though, so I guess I'll wait.  :-\
bonny

« Reply #96 on: January 10, 2018, 06:25:19 PM »

I had no idea where to put this one.   Lexi's been busy. I don't do Instagram, so if any of you see something interesting on her page, please post!

"As media circles and social media debated whether a Harper’s piece would or should reveal who is behind the harasser naming Shitty Men in Media spreadsheet, the apparent creator preemptively outed herself today.

No stranger to openly addressing issues of sexual harassment and abuse online previously and the backlash that brings, Punisher: War Zone director Lexi Alexander revealed her own identity on Twitter on Wednesday.

I’m interrupting my break for one tweet only, so take a screenshot: I created the shitty men in media list. You don’t need to doxx me, just head to my Instagram account, it’s easy to find out where I hang out if you want to say hi.

— Lexi Alexander ‎ (@Lexialex) January 10, 2018

Receiving support for the move after a having quit Twitter several days beforehand, Alexander also said:

Deleted this due to wrong Harper Twitter handle, so this Gent isn’t going to get bombarded all day. #Sorry pic.twitter.com/SvgMFJziGo

— Lexi Alexander ‎ (@Lexialex) January 10, 2018

First having started circulating last fall not long after the New York Times published its expose on Harvey Weinstein on October 5, the Shitty Men in Media list spotlighted male members of Big Apple circles. Naming names, the allegations on the list went from “inappropriate communication” to rape. In a tone of transparency, the list also noted that some of the details it contained were “rumors” and should be taken as such.

Having helmed the Gale Anne Hurd produced and Ray Stevenson starring pic back in the 2008 and received an Oscar nomination in 2003 for her short film Johnny Flynton, Alexander been mainly directing TV the past few years. She has had stints in the past few years on How To Get Away With Murder, Taken, Supergirl and Arrow, among others. The last two obviously are part of Greg Berlanti’s WBTV empire, which saw Flash showrunner and Supergirl EP Andrew Kreisberg fired in late November after claims of harassment by him became public earlier that month.

With Alexander’s revelation today, writer Katie Roiphe told the New York Times earlier that she was not going to name the Shitty Men in Media creator in her piece planned for Harper’s March issue. The essayist went on to tell the paper that she didn’t even know the name of the individual That came after several writers for the mag and others protested even any unveil of the Shitty Men originator.

Harper’s did not respond to request for comment on the piece by Deadline."

http://deadline.com/2018/01/shitty-men-media-list-creator-named-harpers-director-lexi-alexander-1202240313/
bonny

« Reply #97 on: January 10, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »

Well, there seems to be a bit of a situation developing on the Lexi Alexander story I posted.  Here's the latest:

"UPDATE, 8:50 PM: So, the real identity of the creator of the Shitty Men In Media list is Spartacus after all – or maybe it’s Moira Donegan.

Using the tactic from the 1960 Kirk Douglas film where multiple slaves claim they are the rebel leader in solidarity, Punisher: War Zone director Lexi Alexander today went online earlier declaring that she was the originator of the infamous spreadsheet that detailed men in New York media who have engaged in sexual misconduct. Based on some of the shows like Supergirl and Arrow that the director worked on, it was a plausible declaration that Deadline reported.

Now it seems that a number of women made the same move to protect the identity of the Shitty Men creator from being possibility outed in an upcoming Harper’s article.

Alexander pointed out the Spartacus tactic after former New Republic editor Donegan published a piece tonight in The Cut asserting that she was in fact the instigator of the crowdsourced document.

Lexi Alexander ‎

@Lexialex
Here is the real creator of the list. If you doxx or harm her I will hunt you down myself. (also...thanks for everybody in my industry who thought I was the only believable Spartacus. Wish you had that much believe in me when it comes to directing) https://twitter.com/Nicole_Cliffe/status/951293538649567233

7:40 PM - Jan 10, 2018

The Oscar nominee then added she couldn’t believe that people believed she was the Shitty Men creator. “I told the woman who asked if I could participate in this: “Nobody is going to believe I wrote that list, I don’t know anything about that industry,”” said Alexander on Wednesday night. “She replied: ‘I know but it’s not about that'”.

And then there was the fallout that followed:

Lexi Alexander ‎

@Lexialex
Please protect the young lady who created the list. All hell broke lose in the 2 hours people believed I created it, reporters bombarded my manager with with phone calls etc. I know about personal security and have friends who act as my cyber bodyguards and even I was sweating it

8:56 PM - Jan 10, 2018

Now the question becomes who really is Spartacus here?"

So that's it, so far.  I was reading her Twitter feed when it disappeared.  Even at the end, she was tweeting more dis-information about who the creator of the list was.  :cool2:  I'd love to see that list.  Who wouldn't?  :devil:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 10:45:04 PM by bonny » Logged
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #98 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:33 PM »

Good for Lexi. Ultimately the real creator outed herself but the Spartacus moment was brilliant indeed. Given her kickboxing background I would take her 'threats' seriously.  ;D

Looks like Youtube has a new 'Cold Skin' trailer up. 2018 release date. When, I don't know, but I'm rather looking forward to this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWf9Mp29EVo

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2018, 08:31:51 PM »

When, I don't know, but I'm rather looking forward to this one.

Just watched. Liked!
TitusPullo
Rayspectable Fan

"Hello ladies!"

« Reply #100 on: March 03, 2018, 01:02:54 AM »

When, I don't know, but I'm rather looking forward to this one.

Just watched. Liked!

Tiger I thought you were in US or Canada? Cold Skin doesn't open there till June as I heard it. Or has someone been a naughty girl?  :hmm:

I saw it and thought it closely tracked the book but the few changes in adaptation for screen were clever improvements. Sfx left something to be desired but the three leads more than made up for it. Beautifully shot, and I loved the score. Oh and Ray gets naked again.  :D

TP icon
TigerFlwr

« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2018, 06:18:49 PM »

I thought you were in US or Canada?

Yes, Canada, but not naughty. I rely on the naughtiness of others.  ;D

I saw it and thought it closely tracked the book
I never read the book, but might give it a whirl. Books are usually superior to the movies but not always, i.e. The Godfather.

Oh and Ray gets naked again.

What an unexpected bonus! :clap:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: